2015 Convertible: are the two covers included (L & R sides when top is down) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-06-2015, 12:59 PM   #1

Region: California
2015 Convertible: are the two covers included (L & R sides when top is down)

The V6 Convertible I test drove last night did not have the two little covers that go over the openings on the sides of the top when it is down. They are not listed in the options or on any literature I have found. The sales mgr who was taking me for the test ride thought maybe you had to buy them from the parts dept. That seems very weird.

My guess is that they are included, but were just missing from this car (I checked trunk, spare tire area and rear seat floors.
Ordered 1/5/15: 2015 Convertible V6, Deep Impact Blue, 051A Group and almost all of the Brutally short list of options offered for Convertible V6. (no Premium package or leather seats offerred for V6 Convert.)
davekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2015, 01:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I got my convertible on the 6th...it didn't come with "Tonneau caps" either.
However, look in your owners manual on page 186 and it says "Your convertible top also includes two tonneau caps for each side of the vehicle, these caps stow in a bag inside the trunk". Then it goes on to give instructions on how to install them. The selling dealer is looking for answers from Ford, but I have not been updated yet.
Kelleniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 04:48 PM   #3

Region: Kentucky
Red face

I bought my '15 ragtop in Jan. and my salesman found out the vendor who made the covers quit. At that time they were trying to get a new supplier to make them. I asked and received a due bill for the two plastic caps.
jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2015, 10:58 PM   #4

Region: Canada
my dealer said they do not come with the car
so which one is it, i should have a pair or not?
canadian.bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:01 AM   #5

Region: Michigan
I just bought my 2015 Mustang convertible in February and mine did not come with the covers either. At first my salesman said they didn't come with my trim level. When I pushed the issue, he said his manager found out that Ford had some issues with manufacturing of those parts and that they will plan to have them sent out to customers sometime this summer. So it sounds like he MAY not be lying to me THIS time! Let me know if any of you get your covers and I will do the same.
Kev0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:03 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Hey, that is correct. I got a new 2015 GT Convertible a month ago and asked about the caps. They are going to mail them direct to owners, sometime in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Footpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:12 PM   #7

Region: Michigan
Covers are coming!

Got a call from my local Ford dealer today and he said Ford will be sending customers their covers next week. So we will see.
Kev0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #8

Picked mine up last Thursday and the caps where in the trunk..

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
icerk is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)