What are popular easy & not too expensive initial Mods? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-07-2015, 12:08 AM   #1
Region: California
What are popular easy & not too expensive initial Mods?

I am one day old here, so I may be missing... well so much.
What kind of superficial visual mods are popular for new V6 Convertible owners?

How about the easiest and most popular minor mechanical mods? (mufflers or whatever, I have zero clues)

Oh, and did the two side convertible top covers come with the convertible or did you have to order from the parts dept. The V6 I test drove did not have them anywhere in the car (weird to me) and the salesman could only suggest the parts dept. :O

Ordered 1/5/15: 2015 Convertible V6, Deep Impact Blue, 051A Group and almost all of the Brutally short list of options offered for Convertible V6. (no Premium package or leather seats offerred for V6 Convert.)
davekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Oklahoma
First things first, with anything you do the Ford dealership is probably the last place you want to buy them from. Their prices are typically largely inflated and ridiculous. You can go there to find out what you need, but usually American Muscle or Ebay are good places to look, or there are next to wholesale discount dealerships online that sell their Ford parts significantly cheaper than what the dealer will quote you.

Other then that for your v6 the basics I'd say are probably:
•Axel-back exhaust
•Wheels & tires
•Window tint
•Side Scoops

Those are just a few to consider. American Muscle is your new best friend.

2014 5.0 GT Premium - Active Duty
2013 5.0 GT - Retired
2003 GT - Retired
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Texas
I guess since it's a new car, the typical mods mentioned, are much pricier than on the previous generation. So, just be prepared.
2013 GT A6
hctr154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:35 PM   #5
Region: Canada
google the diode dynamics kit for interior/exterior lights, im doing that on my v6 vert
canadian.bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:08 AM   #6
Region: Florida
check out ford dealers that are motorsports/performance dealers, they sell some parts close to wholesale. the ford racing exhausts were cheaper thru them than online.
dspenc8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
Get the gt grill and some lowering springs
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:15 PM   #8
Region: Virginia
All depends on the kind of car you want it to be. Do you want it to be louder and flashier, or do you want it to handle really well? If you're going for handling or performance, a good place to start is always suspension and brakes, to handle the extra power you'll be eventually throwing at it.

I wanted a strong car for the mountain roads, so I went with subframe bracing and suspension first, since the Performance Pack gave me plenty of brake for the power. Steeda has a variety of good parts for this currently. K-Member front brace, strut tower brace, rear subframe connectors, springs, swaybars.

Some kind of a tuner is a great idea too. For the EB, I went with Cobb, but there are a variety of tuners out there for all the engine variations that make a noticeable difference and allow you to continue tuning it in the future as your mods change.

A cold air kit or higher flow panel filter and an axle-back or cat-back exhaust are logical steps as well.
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ Performance Pack, 2013 Fiesta SE hatchback
wdninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:59 AM   #9
Registered Member
Region: Maryland
Cheap, fun decals for 15-16 interior. - PUSHSTARTFUN

2015 PUSH DECALS ---->
Chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)