Ecoboost owners help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-17-2015, 08:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Ecoboost owners help!

So my wife and I went to test drive a ecoboost last night and we tested 2 of them and both made a rattling right in the middle of the car but where the engine meets the dash what is this???

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dude0715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Michigan
I don't have an answer sorry but wanted to ask you how did they let you test 2? I went to the dealer and they made me get approved for loan and even after I was approved they wouldn't let me drive and kept saying "it's got factory wareanty if you want to do a test drive at least put a downpayment and sign off on the title first..."

I
Manaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manaan View Post
I don't have an answer sorry but wanted to ask you how did they let you test 2? I went to the dealer and they made me get approved for loan and even after I was approved they wouldn't let me drive and kept saying "it's got factory wareanty if you want to do a test drive at least put a downpayment and sign off on the title first..."

I
Depends on the dealer.

I'm only 19 and i went to a dealer because i saw that they had a 2015 ecoboost premium on the lot. I just walked over there and started looking at it. A salesman walked over, so i told him i have a 2001 Bullitt and was just looking at the new one. He actually knew what a 2001 Bullitt was, which was cool. I asked if i could hear it started up, then he even offered to let me drive it. I didn't have time, otherwise i would have. He didn't go through any of that salesman BS with me either, i just oggled over it and asked a few questions and he answered. Even showed me a few things about the car i didn't even know it had.

Some dealers are pricks, this guy was nice.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2015, 02:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I figured out what it was it's the "direct injection" it's normal they all have it. And I got a cool sales man that told me to floor it and after the first one I wanted to drive another and so he got the keys and I drove that one like a bat out of hell pretty fun car

dude0715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manaan View Post

I
Maybe they THOUGHT you looked young and/or poor?

Bad idea for salespeople to "judge books by their covers". Especially, with the way new wealthy people dress / make their money. For example, go to silicon valley, and there are tons of twenty-something multi-millionaires who dress like "bums". Ex: Mark Zuckerberg (sp?)

I know when I bought my first Porsche the sales manager didn't take me very seriously.

At the time, I looked kind of young for my age, and I never dress up. My typical summer work clothes is shorts/polo shirt, winter = jeans & polo shirt!

BTW, what did you show up in to test drive? Do you already own a (nice) car with insurance? Most dealerships just want to get a copy of your driver's license before letting you test drive. But if you show up in a hooptie or on a bus, they might be thinking you can't really afford it.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:00 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
I had the same issue. The dealer told me I had to purchase the 2015 5.0 if I wanted to test drive it. The same day I bought a 2014 gt500. I stopped by the dealer that wouldn't let me test drive it to get an oil change. I went in to thank the salesman for stopping me from purchasing the 5.0 because I found a great deal on the gt500. The guy looked so puzzled it was priceless.

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I test drove a 2015 EcoBoost Premium and a 2015 GT Premium with Performance Package. They didn't ask for any pre approval or anything of the sort.

Jeremy
Old 02-15-2015, 03:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I bought a Mustang three weeks ago. I look really young like I'm only 18 (I'm 26), and wasn't being taken seriously at most dealerships while Mustang shopping. Some places a salesmen wouldn't even come over, and I only got asked to test drive one time once I filled out loan paperwork. My typical outfit each day would be Jeans and an Adidas T shirt or an old hoodie and worn out tennis shoes. However, I was 100% ready and able to afford a new Mustang and drive off the lot once I found "the one".

The day I test drove the one I actually bought, I was in a Suit and Tie because I stopped by the dealer after a meeting at work. There was no intention to buy that day. I just wanted to see in person one from their website. They let me test drive that Mustang without even verifying my name or license information. It was just, "Sure, man, which one do you want to drive?" And they got the keys no problem. They also treated me like I was important and didn't even hassle me with all the typical salesmen type stuff.

I learned that day and based off of the shopping experience that appearance is everything. Buying a new car is a big deal, and dressing up fancy goes a long way in the way you're treated. Is it right? No. But it's the truth and I'm definitely doing it again!

aleXXXps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:15 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Depends on the dealer.

I'm only 19 and i went to a dealer because i saw that they had a 2015 ecoboost premium on the lot. I just walked over there and started looking at it. A salesman walked over, so i told him i have a 2001 Bullitt and was just looking at the new one. He actually knew what a 2001 Bullitt was, which was cool. I asked if i could hear it started up, then he even offered to let me drive it. I didn't have time, otherwise i would have. He didn't go through any of that salesman BS with me either, i just oggled over it and asked a few questions and he answered. Even showed me a few things about the car i didn't even know it had.

Some dealers are pricks, this guy was nice.
You got lucky! I was looking for a SHO and there was only 2 in my area and one was by dealer. I went there to look at it and he was a total dick. I was asking about trade in value for the 3.7 and he was like you want to trade your mustang for a taurus. I was like YES. I like that whole sleeper status with AWD and TT. Man I just left after he kept acting like I was killing him trying to talk to him. He then told me he doesnt get paid by sale he gets a salary, and that he didnt care if he sold the car. I was in shock... end of story dealers are ******** 90% of the time.
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleXXXps View Post
I learned that day and based off of the shopping experience that appearance is everything. Buying a new car is a big deal, and dressing up fancy goes a long way in the way you're treated. Is it right? No. But it's the truth and I'm definitely doing it again!
Yep.

Everyone judges books by covers.

Even the "victims" of discrimination/judgementalism are somtimes just as if not more judgemental.

Btw, don't make yourself look like this guy: Barnum admits shooting officer, sentenced to 20 years | Local News - KTUU.com Anchorage

While tattoos are more socially acceptable than ever. Still people with no tattoos judge people with some tattoos, people with some surprisingly judge people with a lot, etc.

You will be judged by your appearance.... its a fact of life... and life isn't fair. Deal with it & adapt or fail at life.

Back to car buying, one of the first things the salespeople do it size you up..... are you a "QUALIFIED BUYER"... ie: do you have the money, income and/or credit score to actually buy the cars on their lot. That qualifying varies from a Honda to a Porsche dealership.

If you're borderline qualified, have bad credit, etc.. and are desperate to buy a car they try to F*CK you over. If you have excellent credit, plenty of money and you're not anxious they bend over backwards to sell to you b/c they know you might walk out & buy from somewhere else very easily.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:59 AM   #11

when ecoboost 1st hit lots here, the 1st dealer i went to wouldn't sell me their 1st one on xplan so that same night actually after closing time (last day of month oct 31st) bought it at dealer down the road, no problem. some dealers are just greedy and will never buy car from that chain because of it... autonation. Actually glad, i really like the white in the 2015 premium better and i would not have considered white before seeing it.
dspenc8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:26 AM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspenc8888 View Post
when ecoboost 1st hit lots here, the 1st dealer i went to wouldn't sell me their 1st one on xplan so that same night actually after closing time (last day of month oct 31st) bought it at dealer down the road, no problem. some dealers are just greedy and will never buy car from that chain because of it... autonation. Actually glad, i really like the white in the 2015 premium better and i would not have considered white before seeing it.

Those little four bangers have some impressive low end performance in the power band. A friend bought one and let me drive it, manual trans. I was impressed, the four cylinder has some go! But at a certain rpm it starts losing its grunt. My buddy installed a bama tune on it, not modifying anything but the tune. The car acted completely different, if want to modify your car start there. You won't regret it...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:35 AM   #13

i agree, car is so fun to drive in sport mode but definite drop off. i'm adding ford racing sport catback saturday, can't wait to hear it. i decided to wait for ford racing CAI & tune before deciding. was a little worried about voiding warranty. Next time I'm ordering my car, i regret not having the performance pkg, will be upgrading the gears to 3.55 with tune. do a lot of hwy driving so don't think i want the 3.73
dspenc8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:43 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Ecoboost owners help!

Excellent start. Yea, those four cylinders will be a game changer. I'm not 100% certain if he has the performance package, but his car is a Roush RS1, so it might have it. I thought Roush retuned it but I could be wrong, it felt the same as a regular one. He has some big plans for the car. Bigger turbo, cams, ported head, header, gears, suspension, etc. It should be a beast...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)