2015 V6 Dealer quote - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-19-2015, 01:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
2015 V6 Dealer quote

Hello,

Local dealer quoted me $22k ($500 rebate included) + tax and fees for the 15 mustang v6 base manual transmission. Is this a good price or should I keep negotiating? If so, how much lower I should go?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Artem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2015, 02:01 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

What was on the window sticker ??????????

What options ,if any ????
It's hard to say without a base to work with.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

No options, base car

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2015, 04:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I purchased my base 14v6 manual for $18,600 new. But it is the new body your looking at. You should have a lil more room to work with them.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:07 AM   #5
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
do sites like KBB or NADA have invoice prices for these yet..idk but it sounds good to me unless they are getting you on your trade.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:27 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Use the ford partner website and price one yourself using X-Plan. Based on my previous research building my own, you got a good price...below X-Plan.
I just checked, Xplan total= $23838
Including destination. Base V6 manual, no options.
If you're buying it less than that and still dickering, you're arguing over gas money.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:38 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

2015 V6 Dealer quote

Dealer also offering for my trade in (14 mustang v6 manual base no options) $15500. I still have $6400 left on my loan. Should I go for this deal? Or it's too low for my trade in?

Old 01-20-2015, 12:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Go to cargurus dot com. Search for used 13 and 14 USED Mustang v6 in your zip code. You can select range to search, GT or V6 etc, manual or auto. They show a list with prices and also say if it's fair deal or overpriced. This will give you a idea what they need to give you for your car and what they will be asking for it when they sell it.
The rest is your preference. I prefer the more non fusion/focus/Taurus looking 11-14 style.
Except the booty..... That 2015 booty is sweet. Just sayin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	173859  
Old 01-20-2015, 01:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
Hello,

Local dealer quoted me $22k ($500 rebate included) + tax and fees for the 15 mustang v6 base manual transmission. Is this a good price or should I keep negotiating? If so, how much lower I should go?

Thank you!

According to "Truecar.com" Invoice on base V6 with "nothing" added (no spare, etc) is $23,699. ANd a good price being $23047.

Name:	2015 V6 Prices.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	173872
So $22K sounds good if it includes destination. documentation fees would be added to that.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:54 PM   #10
Staff

Regular
Staff

w/o insulting why would you trade in for a model year newer...I understand going for a V8 but just newer? The depreciation hit will be alot (as you know).
Old 01-20-2015, 01:55 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Here is my total break down from dealer:

Car:22500
Rebate:$500
Tax:548
Dealer fee & tag transfer:$799
Trade in:$15500
Trade in payoff:$6400
Apr: 6-8% (not sure yet)

Tax seems way to low but I don't complain, car also will have to be ordered from factory (5-6 weeks for delivery) since they don't have one on the lot. I'm assuming it's a good deal, but I will have to sleep on it before I pull the trigger.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:31 PM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

In Florida, you only pay tax on the difference

The tax looks OK but the dealer fee and transfer is way toooooo much.
$799.00 is way out of line.
Just tell them you will buy the car if they will forget about a dealer fee.

Also, They do advertise ZERO PERCENT (0%) financing through Ford Credit. Why would you have to be paying 6 to 8 percent? After your trade payoff you will be putting about 4,000 down. Ask about the zero percent.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

While you're sleeping think about this...

By my calculations(but there may be more than I would know about)...Sales tax in FL, based on $6,500 (22,000-15500) = 6% of $6500 or $390. Have them explain to you why the $548 for tax.

If the "Dealer fee includes the "Regional fee"(typically includes advertising, etc), plus their documentation fee, then it's not too bad. The regional fee is typically included in the Invoice price.

I believe the interest rate is quite high. You should shop around for that. They're making money on that end as well. GET A BETTER INTEREST RATE!!
Separate from the loan interest rate, it's the total bottom line you have to look at and from what I see so far, (except where I noted otherwise) it looks pretty good.
The question is...would they give it to you for that price without the trade and without (I assume) their financing?

Here's NADA estimate for base 2014 V6 Mustang with 15000 miles

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	173885

Keep in mind that by trading in your car saves close to $1000 in sales tax. So in effect you'd have to sell your car for at least $16500 or more.
The $15500 may be why they're price sounds low. They're low balling you a bit on the trade-in.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:00 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Forget the $799 dealer fee which includes tag transfer/ title fee? I can see reducing it a little but not gone!
They're selling a car below invoice and the state title does cost a little. They have to pay staff, electric bills etc and maintain a showroom.
What am I missing?
Old 01-21-2015, 09:07 AM   #15
Staff

Regular
Staff

idk about where the OP lives but in CT the dealer fee is set by the dealer BUT, once they set it it must be the same for all customers. It's one of those fake regulations that dealers actually enjoy (like state minimums on booze/cigarettes). The only way to get around it is by lowering the selling price. Good catch Ronnie.

I will say the $15K trade number for a 2014 is depressing to this owner of a 2012.....
Old 01-21-2015, 09:11 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
While you're sleeping think about this...

By my calculations(but there may be more than I would know about)...Sales tax in FL, based on $6,500 (22,000-15500) = 6% of $6500 or $390. Have them explain to you why the $548 for tax.

I believe the interest rate is quite high. You should shop around for that. They're making money on that end as well. GET A BETTER INTEREST RATE!!

Separate from the loan interest rate, it's the total bottom line you have to look at and from what I see so far, (except where I noted otherwise) it looks pretty good.

The question is...would they give it to you for that price without the trade and without (I assume) .
Taxes has been updated to $390. Thank you for catching it! They already ordered car I want (without deposit) so no obligation here if I decide to back off. Nothing has been signed yet. It will take up to 8 weeks to get the car, so in meantime I will look around for better interest rate.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:44 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Taxes has been updated to $390. Thank you for catching it! They already ordered car I want (without deposit) so no obligation here if I decide to back off. Nothing has been signed yet. It will take up to 8 weeks to get the car, so in meantime I will look around for better interest rate.

With that much equity going in, even if you have poor credit,you should at least get 6.5
If you have better credit then even lower, maybe 4 or 5?
Ally and Capital One are two that will get you there even with marginal credit but a big down payment or equity. Just don't miss a payment or this
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	173933  
Old 01-21-2015, 10:17 AM   #18
Staff

Regular
Staff

remember if you do sign get everything in writing. No front plate (unless you want & idk how much they mess up the new models) No dealer stickers.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sounds good!
Try to get a better feel for your cars worth. Maybe mention that you think its worth more as a trade and see if they can do a little better. Although by the looks of it, I think they're giving you a bit more of a discount on the new car price based on being a brand new car early in it's release with not much discounting happening yet. Nothing to lose by asking.
Also near the final moments, try to get them to throw in a little something to close the deal...like All-Weather Floor Mats.
Good Luck.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)