No Tune for 2015 Mustang V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Artem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: North Port, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 24
No Tune for 2015 Mustang V6

Does anyone have information when we should expecting tune from Bama Performance for 15 V6?
Artem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-04-2015, 01:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
Does anyone have information when we should expecting tune from Bama Performance for 15 V6?
Didn't know Bama didn't offer a tune for the 2015 V6. That's news too me. You learn something new every day..

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:52 PM   #3
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,022
idk but since from what I see they don't even offer CAI's (yeah I know apples/oranges)
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-04-2015, 02:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
idk but since from what I see they don't even offer CAI's (yeah I know apples/oranges)
Yeah but the 15 V6 tune is the same as the 11-14 V6 tune. Its the same 3.7 engine. Nothing has changed so AM already has the tune. I'm sure they offer a 15 v6 tune. The CAI, AM doesn't manufacturer so I'm not sure about that but the tune, they have to make it

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Yeah but the 15 V6 tune is the same as the 11-14 V6 tune. Its the same 3.7 engine. Nothing has changed so AM already has the tune. I'm sure they offer a 15 v6 tune. The CAI, AM doesn't manufacturer so I'm not sure about that but the tune, they have to make it

Have a great day!
Little different. The 2015 ecu is wayyyyy more sophisticated and has been a challenge to crack
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Little different. The 2015 ecu is wayyyyy more sophisticated and has been a challenge to crack
The 2015 3.7 is more sophisticated???? Isn't it the very same 3.7 that the 2011-2014 models have? Just 5 less HP but nothing to crack. The 3.7 engine is already figured out!

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
The 2015 3.7 is more sophisticated???? Isn't it the very same 3.7 that the 2011-2014 models have? Just 5 less HP but nothing to crack. The 3.7 engine is already figured out!

Have a great day!
Only the ecu is. You still have to figure out how to basically hack the computer and change the parameters. Reading some of Alex's responses it sounded like Sct had quite the challenge as did Bama.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Only the ecu is. You still have to figure out how to basically hack the computer and change the parameters. Reading some of Alex's responses it sounded like Sct had quite the challenge as did Bama.
Very interesting information! I was unaware of this.

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Artem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: North Port, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 24
Here is the email I got from Bama

"Artem,

Currently we are working with SCT on this. They have yet to be bale to develop the tune base we would need to start offering custom tunes for the 2015 V6. Once they have that avilable we will be able to offer custom tunes for the 2015 V6 vehicles. Even though the engines are the same as the 11+ V6 cars, Ford has changed the engine control module that run them and so it requires some additional work to be able to support these.

Enthusiastically,
Matthew Allen, BAMA Performance
Tuning Experience Specialist"
Artem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
Here is the email I got from Bama

"Artem,

Currently we are working with SCT on this. They have yet to be bale to develop the tune base we would need to start offering custom tunes for the 2015 V6. Once they have that avilable we will be able to offer custom tunes for the 2015 V6 vehicles. Even though the engines are the same as the 11+ V6 cars, Ford has changed the engine control module that run them and so it requires some additional work to be able to support these.

Enthusiastically,
Matthew Allen, BAMA Performance
Tuning Experience Specialist"
Well there we have it sir. Thank you for educating me. I learned something new. That really $ucks for V6 enthusiasts. I wonder if Steeda was able to develope a tune for the 2015 V6 being they tune other Ford vehicles and the relationship they share with Ford.

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:49 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Well there we have it sir. Thank you for educating me. I learned something new. That really $ucks for V6 enthusiasts. I wonder if Steeda was able to develope a tune for the 2015 V6 being they tune other Ford vehicles and the relationship they share with Ford.

Have a great day!
I would guess no because Sct is what is holding up the process. So assumptions would say there aren't really any tunes out yet for the v6s
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Tags
2015 mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Mustang GT PP vs 2015 Camaro 1LE Ish416 2015 Mustang GT 111 06-12-2015 05:52 PM
2015 3.7 Vs 2015 2.3 ecoboost 2011 Kona Blue 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6) 114 01-05-2015 06:16 AM
Bama tune or lund tune or steeda tune Mustang32Bill 2011-2014 Mustang GT 89 11-12-2012 11:45 AM
Question on installing Bama tune if previous tune already loaded on car ljn21 2011-2014 Mustang GT 7 08-01-2012 11:08 AM
To tune or not to tune? grossnickle6612 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 10 08-24-2011 10:27 PM

» Members Mustangs

Nadia

Dan93fox

Gwen

jamcc
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



04:33 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.