????? Need help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-31-2015, 05:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
????? Need help

So when I first got my car with regular gas (87OCT) it would tell me I had 295 miles to empty. Then when I finally got it to empty and filled it up for the first time with 93 octane it would say I had 260 miles to empty. And now every time I fill up it always changes it'll go from 230 miles to empty one fill up, then to 270 the next fill up I have about 1500 miles on my car it's an ecoboost mustang by the way do you think it's still breaking in or something or?? Any help welcome thanks!πŸ‘πŸΌ

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stangs4l1f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2015, 08:02 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
The computer isn't the most actuate thing in the world. When going between fill ups from empty to empty write down the actual milage of the car when you first fill up till your next fill up. See how many miles you did and you'll get a better idea of your avg mgp/ miles per tank. This way you can see if there is anything wrong with the car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Grabber Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:02 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
It's just taking what you are currently averaging per gallon and multiplying that by how many gallons are in the tank.

So drive like a mad man and average 17mpg it's going to take that x say 14 gal and say that's your DTE.

Make sense?

And on the same note if you drive like a crazy person and the DTE is low, then you drive conservative and start averaging 30mpg it will start to adjust the DTE.

I log all my gas fill ups and what I average per tank vs the DTE and it's actually very accurate if you stay consistent.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2015, 10:36 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue View Post
The computer isn't the most actuate thing in the world. When going between fill ups from empty to empty write down the actual milage of the car when you first fill up till your next fill up. See how many miles you did and you'll get a better idea of your avg mgp/ miles per tank. This way you can see if there is anything wrong with the car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Manually calculating isn't any more accurate than the computer. You are assuming that every time you fill up the pump pressure is exactly the same, the delivery of fuel is coming in at the same rate, the temperature is exactly the same, and that you are only putting exactly the same amount of fuel as you burned. Both the manual calculation and the computer are estimates - and I find both are so close that it really doesn't make a difference. Just clear the computer at each fill up and start from "0" and it is just as accurate as your pencil and paper system (maybe more since it is measuring the gas that goes through the injectors)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Thanks for the help guys! I appreciate it πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stangs4l1f3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)