2015 ecoboost exhaust upgrade - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2015, 08:11 PM   #1

Region: Tennessee
2015 ecoboost exhaust upgrade

Looking for suggestions on exhaust axle back or cat back replacement to get a better sound out the EcoBoost. Anyone changed it out and what's your thoughts? I'm considering the flow master but I'm not sure it's driving the results I'm looking for. I don't want it to sound like a ricer.
Master Chief01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2015, 08:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I've been looking around but nothing really grabs my attention. I think imma just go with a off rode down pipe with a qtp cut out right after it and just leave my stock catback on..

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
andyx5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I heard the flowmasters today at a show. I'll just say stay away

14 sterling grey 3.7. mpt,3.73,steeda cai,mac shorties,mac axleback,sve springs & lca,j&m panhard,gt350 window covers,rear louver,hurst pistol grip,35% tint. Future lakewood strut&shocks,vortech v3,1 piece ds,adj upr ca

Old 08-09-2015, 09:02 PM   #4

Region: Tennessee
I didn't think the sounds clips sounded that great either. I'm unsure what to do but the existing sucks a**!
Master Chief01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Cj pony parts has a good review of the MagnaFlow street cat back on the ecoboost sounds dam good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:29 AM   #6

Region: Florida
Everything I've heard sound like Oprah farts...i'll wait til someone makes a system that doesn't sound so rice also...
RedS550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Problem with a four cylinder

They just don't have a good sounds at all no matter what you put on it. It is just the way the engine sounds.( All Four Cylinders) and not just Mustangs.
If I was to buy an ecoboost Mustang I would just get a system that you know will give you better performance like a Magnflow setup would.

It's really not much different then us that love our 3.7 V6 engines, They will never sound as good as a V8 but with a set of Magnaflow streets or Borla touring they have an acceptable sound that is better then stock but still not a V8.

Just remember that if you get Loud Mufflers your car will sound like a civic with a fart box.

You really have to go to a show like the all mustang show in Pa the 15th. and find someone that has changed the mufflers on a Mustang Four to hear them and decide what you like
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I am currently considering the following.

98U900 15 Mustang EcoBoost MRT Full Exhaust System Turbo-Back Non-Catted

not sure which cat option I will end up going with.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Wow, That sounds pretty good for a four

A little on the expensive side but you don't buy stuff like this but once. Being Stainless steel they should last you for the life of the car.
Get the highest flowing cats or you will probably wish you did. I don't think they are going to add much weight at all and flow almost as good as no cats. Losing almost 21 pounds and picking up almost 19 Horsepower with a stock tune is fantastic.
Ronnie
Old 08-10-2015, 02:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Go off road. Turbo acts like a muffler in the first place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

MAPerformace. enough said...

Sent from my LG-D415 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
89 5.0 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I would wait a little bit longer and see if anybody can get a better sound out of the ecoboost, everything ive heard just sounds like a mini cooper
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

You could always upgrade to a offroad down pipe and switch out the mid pipe leave stock mufflers. Cost more but you'll get some gains

14 sterling grey 3.7. mpt,3.73,steeda cai,mac shorties,mac axleback,sve springs & lca,j&m panhard,gt350 window covers,rear louver,hurst pistol grip,35% tint. Future lakewood strut&shocks,vortech v3,1 piece ds,adj upr ca
Old 08-18-2015, 01:21 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I recently just heard a eb with a off rode downpipe and straight pipe all the way back to 4-5in tips. It sounded amazing... really deep and it was back firing.. doesn't sound like a rice fart can exhaust. I'm just sticking with my future setup tho.. hope this helps

Old 08-18-2015, 02:00 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief01 View Post
Looking for suggestions on exhaust axle back or cat back replacement to get a better sound out the EcoBoost. Anyone changed it out and what's your thoughts? I'm considering the flow master but I'm not sure it's driving the results I'm looking for. I don't want it to sound like a ricer.
Sir, Respectfully the ecoboost exhaustx sounds like crap. It sounds like a weed wacker and changing the exhaust system just makes it sound like a louder weed wacker. It just sounds like a$$.

The 4 banger provides great performance but for the love of god, just leave the exahust alone. Nobody wants to hear that 4 banger weed wacker buzzing. ๐Ÿ‘

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:57 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyx5oh View Post
I recently just heard a eb with a off rode downpipe and straight pipe all the way back to 4-5in tips. It sounded amazing... really deep and it was back firing.. doesn't sound like a rice fart can exhaust. I'm just sticking with my future setup tho.. hope this helps

Is there a video of this on youtube? All i can find is muffler and resignator deletes
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:03 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
Is there a video of this on youtube? All i can find is muffler and resignator deletes
Here you go. The 2015 4 banger exhaust.

https://youtu.be/8a3x7D_MH5Q

Non ๐Ÿผand non ๐ŸŒฝfed. I $uck!
Old 09-04-2015, 01:11 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

sounds nothing like that ^ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Old 09-04-2015, 01:13 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post

I saw the video on Instagram. sounded really deep and backfired a lot. Let me see if I can find it again!

Old 09-04-2015, 01:29 AM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
We put a MRT turbo back system on one and it was a lot better than what I was excepting. Strong turbo spool and nice deep sound at idle.

Pick your poison.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:07 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the mrt turbo back exhaust doesn't sound bad at all. If it was a little deeper it would be a perfect setup! I still think straight pipe sounds better.. it's almost identical tho. can't go wrong with that setup. honestly only two setups id go with the eb!!

Old 09-04-2015, 03:36 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Sir, Respectfully the ecoboost exhaustx sounds like crap. It sounds like a weed wacker and changing the exhaust system just makes it sound like a louder weed wacker. It just sounds like a$$.

The 4 banger provides great performance but for the love of god, just leave the exahust alone. Nobody wants to hear that 4 banger weed wacker buzzing. ํ ฝํฑ

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Well said! Please for the love of all that's holy....don't fart can your ecoboost!
I am NOT hating on the EB. I would and may still get one myself. But the last thing I would do is put any kind of exhaust on it and announce to the whole world that's it's a four banger and I wanna be a "boy racer".
For pete's sake!....it's a great looking and performing car just like it is....leave them guessing what motor is in it instead of having them hear it 3 blocks away and wondering if a Honda Civic is about to roll up.
Man, I swear...the EB is a great car but all this ricer boy crap is really trashing the Mustang.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 04:06 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Or....go full rice, order the exhaust and might as well get the decals at the same time so you're all ready for race wars.
And now at least we will also get to hear 2016 Camaro 2.0T's all riced out also... It's sad. And grown men will actually drive around in them, thinking they sound awesome...or trying to think they sound awesome and ooooooh how the chicks dig that muffler fell off my car sound. Nothing says class like a brand new car that sounds like the muffler fell off back at the trailer park.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	190579  
Old 09-04-2015, 06:29 AM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey Waylap1

All I gotta say to you is:::

Ronnie
Old 09-04-2015, 08:19 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
Well said! Please for the love of all that's holy....don't fart can your ecoboost!
I am NOT hating on the EB. I would and may still get one myself. But the last thing I would do is put any kind of exhaust on it and announce to the whole world that's it's a four banger and I wanna be a "boy racer".
For pete's sake!....it's a great looking and performing car just like it is....leave them guessing what motor is in it instead of having them hear it 3 blocks away and wondering if a Honda Civic is about to roll up.
Man, I swear...the EB is a great car but all this ricer boy crap is really trashing the Mustang.
Can I get an Amen. Agreed. Great performance car but leave the exhaust alone.

Non ๐Ÿผand non ๐ŸŒฝfed. I $uck!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:41 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I think at this point, the only reason I wouldn't buy an EB Mustang now is the abundance of them already out there that are riced up. It's a great Mustang! Amazing power and torque right from the factory in a package that's also designed for fuel economy and sensible daily driving. Yes, it has a turbo and "can" be pushed to higher limits for more rice frying capabilities....but so can my 2013 Fusion 2.0 Turbo ! And how dumbazz would I look riding around with a fart can, FMIC, CAI and tune in my Fusion?
You wanted a performance Mustang....just buy the one that's built for that purpose. They already make one.
You buy the economy version and throw all kinds of parts on it, justifying it by proclaiming that Ford built it for that purpose and can handle so much more but actually no...you're ruining the little 2.3 pushing it to limits it was NOT built for.
I will never buy a used one that's for sure.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:43 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

We get it, you hate people who mod cars.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:03 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Agree with the exhaust part of the eb. I have yet to change mine. and I don't think I will till who knows when. if I do I'm going with a downpipe weld on a qtp cutout and still have my stock exhaust after that weld.. so if I'm tryna be noticed I'll be able to open the cutout then go back to stealth mode ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)