2015 ecoboost mod help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-09-2015, 07:09 AM   #1

Region: Tennessee
2015 ecoboost mod help

I want to start modding my ecoboost but idk what to get first, can anyone help me with any exhaust suggestions,tuner suggestions,CAI suggestions, anything will help and any sites that are good? I heard americanmuscle.com is a great site?
2015stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2015, 07:47 AM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015stang View Post
I want to start modding my ecoboost but idk what to get first, can anyone help me with any exhaust suggestions,tuner suggestions,CAI suggestions, anything will help and any sites that are good? I heard americanmuscle.com is a great site?
Stang - Morning and welcome to Mevo. AmericanMuscle's a great place to buy mods, ask me how I know Live inventory and 2 business day FREE shipping to TN, you can't beat it!

There's a slew of things that can be done to your EcoBoost but it's going to come down to where you want to start with the car.

My buddy Angelo was just in not too long ago with his and we had a couple things installed (Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Flowmaster Outlaw Series Axle-Back, and an Airaid Cold Air Intake)

Catch the build below!

There's a ton of exhaust systems out there for the EB and based on the amount of noise you're after there's many styles - Muffler Delete, Chambered Muffler, Race Muffler. We're working on getting more sound clips on site but I've heard about 90% of them if you're wondering. Check them out below and let me know if you have questions, I'm always around to help out.

Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Stang - Morning and welcome to Mevo. AmericanMuscle's a great place to buy mods, ask me how I know Live inventory and 2 business day FREE shipping to TN, you can't beat it!

There's a slew of things that can be done to your EcoBoost but it's going to come down to where you want to start with the car.

My buddy Angelo was just in not too long ago with his and we had a couple things installed (Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Flowmaster Outlaw Series Axle-Back, and an Airaid Cold Air Intake)

Catch the build below!

There's a ton of exhaust systems out there for the EB and based on the amount of noise you're after there's many styles - Muffler Delete, Chambered Muffler, Race Muffler. We're working on getting more sound clips on site but I've heard about 90% of them if you're wondering. Check them out below and let me know if you have questions, I'm always around to help out.

Thank you! Ill be sure to check them out! Im planning on hopefully getting them by this week or next week what about a good tuner? What would work best with the CAI and exhaust?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2015, 08:38 AM   #4
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thank you! Ill be sure to check them out! Im planning on hopefully getting them by this week or next week what about a good tuner? What would work best with the CAI and exhaust?

Anytime!

There's plenty of great tuners out there if you're looking to pick up an Intake that would require a tune. Some of the ones we have listed on site will say "Tune Required" or you can shoot for a Tuner and Cold Air Intake.

I'm pretty partial to the Airaid above. It's just one of the cooler (see what I did there?) Intakes out there. It's a great looking kit, comes with a reusable filter so you're not buying another one down the road and the box design itself is like nothing we've ever seen in the past. Definitely not something you'll see everyday.

On the exhaust there's a few different routes you can go but I just want to go on record that any axle-back is going to be mainly for sound. Because of the flow on this car (V6,GT,EB as well) it's literally just a muffler replacement.

If you're looking to increase the flow and shoot for the best bang for your buck I would suggest taking a look at a downpipe which would yield that much more of a gain. Pair this with a catback and you're going to be looking at an honest 15-20 gain at the wheels.

With these cars, it's all about airflow! Depending on the sound that you're after you're either going to get a raspy, or a deep sound. This can be modulated with the type of parts you're purchasing - A catless/off-road downpipe is going to raspier which isn't necessarily the worst thing in the world if you don't mind the sound, but they will perform better than a catted setup.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 10-09-2015, 10:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Anytime!

There's plenty of great tuners out there if you're looking to pick up an Intake that would require a tune. Some of the ones we have listed on site will say "Tune Required" or you can shoot for a Tuner and Cold Air Intake.

I'm pretty partial to the Airaid above. It's just one of the cooler (see what I did there?) Intakes out there. It's a great looking kit, comes with a reusable filter so you're not buying another one down the road and the box design itself is like nothing we've ever seen in the past. Definitely not something you'll see everyday.

On the exhaust there's a few different routes you can go but I just want to go on record that any axle-back is going to be mainly for sound. Because of the flow on this car (V6,GT,EB as well) it's literally just a muffler replacement.

If you're looking to increase the flow and shoot for the best bang for your buck I would suggest taking a look at a downpipe which would yield that much more of a gain. Pair this with a catback and you're going to be looking at an honest 15-20 gain at the wheels.

With these cars, it's all about airflow! Depending on the sound that you're after you're either going to get a raspy, or a deep sound. This can be modulated with the type of parts you're purchasing - A catless/off-road downpipe is going to raspier which isn't necessarily the worst thing in the world if you don't mind the sound, but they will perform better than a catted setup.

Alex
Okay thank you! And Is there by any chance going to be any specials or deals on those anytime soon ?
Old 10-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #6
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Okay thank you! And Is there by any chance going to be any specials or deals on those anytime soon ?
Anytime. As much as I wish I had a crystal ball where I could peak into I sadly don't have this info with me. Being said we do have monthly sales along and Black Friday/Cyber Monday (Holiday Sale) right around the corner.

We do offer a forums discount code as well for members with over 50 posts, so once you're around there shoot me a PM (private message) and I'll get you set up.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions, I'm always around to help out.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 10-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
The only exhaust ive heard on an ecoboost that sounded halfway decent was catless downpipe, resignator delete, and muffler deletes.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Hello 2015stang,

Plenty of great companies out there for 2015 support ... but Steeda has been leading the way!

You can check us out here - Ford Mustang Parts & Performance | Steeda Autosports | Free Shipping!.

Just to show you our commitment to the EcoBoost Mustang ... you can check out our Steeda EcoBoost Mustang Autocrossing:

From a CAI & Tune standpoint ... Steeda designs, engineers & manufacturers our own CAIs ... so a lot of testing has been done to make them one of the best on the market.

Steeda ProFlow EcoBoost Mustang Cold Air Intake (2015-2016 EcoBoost) | 555-3199 | Free Shipping!

You can check out these stats ... pretty impressive:

Product Benefits
Easy bolt in installation
Better flowing intake system
HP and Torque increase at all RPM ranges - not just peak power
Stock tune with Steeda EcoBoost CAI - 26.7 rwhp and 9.76 ft/lbs
Steeda tune with Steeda EcoBoost CAI - 47.77 rwhp and 77.99 ft/lbs tq
Lifetime warranty

I am happy to help with any questions, forum pricing, etc!!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:10 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
are tunes for 2016 eco's already out? Also modified to account for the performance pkg?
2005 Chevy S-10
2007 Hyundai Tiberon GT
2016 ECOBOOST Stang w/ Performance Pkg
Malonjao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malonjao View Post
are tunes for 2016 eco's already out? Also modified to account for the performance pkg?
Tunes have been out for almost a year now i believe
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)