2015 mustang performance - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-13-2015, 12:23 PM   #1
Region: New Mexico
2015 mustang performance

Hello all,
I recently bought a '15 V6 and decided I want to do a little performance work to it. So I started looking around and found very few performance parts.
Ideally I would like to dual charge with a super and a turbo. I found a supercharger for the car, but cannot find a turbo for it.
My question for my fellow mustang owners is, can I take a turbo for a 2014 V6 (like a hellion) and put it in the 2015, since it is the same engine, just in a different body?

Thanks you all in advance for responses.

Hannya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
No, bolt on parts are different as the body is different. Intakes, exhaust, etc will all be difference. Not to say it couldnt be made to work with fabrication but It would not bolt up like it would a 2014

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Your idea is flawed on several levels, and i honestly cannot recommend you try to do this. The biggest reason plain and simple is that a compound system normally works with a positive displacement supercharger, of which there are none for the 3.7L, and a rather large turbo. The Positive displacement supercharger essentially looks to eliminate the lag of the larger turbo, and the larger turbo increases the efficiency of the supercharger by force feeding it. The two offset the weakness of the other.

The only supercharger available for the 3.7L is a centrifugal supercharger, which does not build large amounts of low end torque like a positive displacement blower. So basically trying to compound this with a turbo you would end up with massive amounts of lag from the nature of the centrifugal supercharger compounded with a large turbo, or by running a small enough turbo to negate any lag you would be incredibly limited on the exhaust side of this set up to warrant the time, money, and effort that has gone into it.
Voltwings is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

2015 mustang