2016 ecoboost - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-21-2016, 06:09 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I mean for a Coyote, low 13s for a sixxer is outstanding.

I've never seen a car magazine/blog/Motorsport source time a coyote over 13 secs, which is why I'm curious to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2016, 06:35 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I'm quoting different times from people on forums and some magazines. Depends on temp , altitude , driver etc. Like we're not debating that stuff. Putting bolt ons and a tune makes any car faster . Was anyone unclear on that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:16 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
Where do you see low to mid 13s?

The most I've seen is a .2 sec slower, usually it's just a tenth. Straight off Motor Trend. Just wondering who said it.

According to Fender 866 the S550's have been running low to mid 13 second 1/4 mile times. Fender may be very right. I don't know but I do know if that's true, that sucks. 300 rwhp 3.7 automatics are running low 13's. So if my a$$ just spend $$$$$$$ on a 435 HP mustang and only ran mid 13's my a$$ would be selling that. That sucks. A car with that much HP and torque should be running 12.8-12.9 1/4 miles all day long.

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2016, 07:23 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
I'm quoting different times from people on forums and some magazines. Depends on temp , altitude , driver etc. Like we're not debating that stuff. Putting bolt ons and a tune makes any car faster . Was anyone unclear on that ?

Lol, you seem to miss the point on things.(multiple)
Simple bolt ons will make any car faster but I'm talking about a car that is over 10k cheaper running close times with a bone stock 15/16.
Are we on the same page now lol.

Sent from the future.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:26 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
According to Fender 866 the S550's have been running low to mid 13 second 1/4 mile times. Fender may be very right. I don't know but I do know if that's true, that sucks. 300 rwhp 3.7 automatics are running low 13's. So if my a$$ just spend $$$$$$$ on a 435 HP mustang and only ran mid 13's my a$$ would be selling that. That sucks. A car with that much HP and torque should be running 12.8-12.9 1/4 miles all day long.

Just a near stock 3.7
This.
I'll take a bolt on 3.7 any day with numbers like that!
Whether they run low 13s or not my ride was 30k out the door and a S550 will run around 50k with the pp.
Point being I'm not getting that much more car(20k more) then what I have.

Sent from the future.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:09 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Lol, you seem to miss the point on things.(multiple)
Simple bolt ons will make any car faster but I'm talking about a car that is over 10k cheaper running close times with a bone stock 15/16.
Are we on the same page now lol.

Sent from the future.

You've still failed to make me care. Your mods with install (by the book) would probably run you quite a bit, but would never net you what a bigger engine does. Also, the problem here is you are comparing too vastly different cars. You've only established that your car stuffed with front page products on AM will get you into 2015+ GT 1/4 mile time. What you've failed to address is the fact that your car would get lapped hard against a S550 on a race course , AKA the Mustang's new playground. Your only achievement is to almost match the slowest times trapped by a 15+ GT on a quarter mile. It sounds nice and more power to you, but what the hell are we arguing about? If you like your car , good for you.

The new car is slightly slower than the old one on a 1/4 mile. There are more than enough stats, tests , articles and videos to back up that statement . The thing is , this isn't what the car was made for.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:12 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You've still failed to make me care. Your mods with install (by the book) would probably run you quite a bit, but would never net you what a bigger engine does. Also, the problem here is you are comparing too vastly different cars. You've only established that your car stuffed with front page products on AM will get you into 2015+ GT 1/4 mile time. What you've failed to address is the fact that your car would get lapped hard against a S550 on a race course , AKA the Mustang's new playground. Your only achievement is to almost match the slowest times trapped by a 15+ GT on a quarter mile. It sounds nice and more power to you, but what the hell are we arguing about? If you like your car , good for you.

The new car is slightly slower than the old one on a 1/4 mile. There are more than enough stats, tests , articles and videos to back up that statement . The thing is , this isn't what the car was made for.

Shortbus

Sent from the future.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:12 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just a near stock 3.7

It does if you're a good driver . Tons of videos of that. Haven't given mine a test yet, but where it shines is in the turns. I'm telling you, the way in handles is out of this world . It feels like a mustang , but all grown up. It's sophisticated , it's comfortable , it's exciting . I think a lot of you aren't ready for this kind of car. That's completely fine . It is a fairly bold departure from tradition all around , but hey you can't please everyone

Old 04-21-2016, 10:02 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It does if you're a good driver . Tons of videos of that. Haven't given mine a test yet, but where it shines is in the turns. I'm telling you, the way in handles is out of this world . It feels like a mustang , but all grown up. It's sophisticated , it's comfortable , it's exciting . I think a lot of you aren't ready for this kind of car. That's completely fine . It is a fairly bold departure from tradition all around , but hey you can't please everyone

If I wanted a sports car that carves corners similar to the S550 can I would of bought a Corvette, a Porsche a Nissan 370 Z not a mustang. I don't care about handling out of this world. I don't track race so it makes no balls difference to me. My 2011 handles just fine for how I drive and 98% of the roadways I drive on.

I live in a very flat rural area with little to no sharp corners. Granted, your S550 maybe be able to take a particular turn at 65 mph where my S197 will have to go 45 MPH. Great, I don't care. I got my S197 for a reason and it wasn't to corner on rails.

If the 2015 plus 5.0's are typically runnning low to mid 13 1/4 mile times, that sucks balls. That's all I'm saying.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-21-2016, 10:51 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

I love the argument that everyone sould buy a corvette if they wanted to take corners. By that logic, why didn't you just buy a 13-14 GT to go fast in the straights? Because it was cheaper. That's okay. You think the guys with Corvettes are fighting about how they would've bought a Ferrari if they wanted to race on a track? It's ridiculous! End of the day, drive what you want. I sold my 14 for a 15. Then again I live in mountains and hills on the west coast and drive my car all year round free of snow and ice. Everybody happy, ya?

Old 04-22-2016, 04:24 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Hey if your happy with your car that's all that matters.

Sent from the future.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:36 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
It was mentioned by Kona, but we r just having some fun.
If I bought a 15/16 5.0 and was running low to mid 13s it would be going back!
My car with simple bolt ons and a tune will run mid to high 13s, maybe a low 14, and it was over 10k cheaper then a 5oh.

Tbh I was really put off last night when I went to my dealer and we briefly threw around some numbers and a 16 gt with the pp was going to run 40k plus around 6k in taxes and depending on the term another 3 or 4k in interest.
So around 50k for a 5oh is not happening with a family to support.
Probably going to go pro charger next summer, and besides I love my 3.7!

Sent from the future.
WOW...that's some high taxes!
Does a trade reduce the price of the new car for tax purposes?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:24 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
How did a gt for ecoboost trade in become a "15 gts are slow" topic? Lol. Glad my 14 v6 times compare to 15 gts times lol. So next time I see either a 15 Eco, v6 or gt I should be more than covered w my procharger? Lol

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:28 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Truth is ALOT of people on this forum would be lucky to run 15's in a 5.0 as it does not matter on what the car "can do" you have to know how to drive

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:17 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Truth is ALOT of people on this forum would be lucky to run 15's in a 5.0 as it does not matter on what the car "can do" you have to know how to drive

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Absolutely Rap. I have watched 5.0'a run down Cecil County and they are running mid to high 13's. I just shake my head. This of course are manual drivers. The automatics just slam the pedal and the trans does its thing. No real skill there. Ha ha.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Absolutely Rap. I have watched 5.0'a run down Cecil County and they are running mid to high 13's. I just shake my head. This of course are manual drivers. The automatics just slam the pedal and the trans does its thing. No real skill there. Ha ha.

Just a near stock 3.7

Lol smh

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Old 04-22-2016, 08:52 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$

That's what I was trying to say . I remember learning that the hard way when I my supposedly 13.8-13.9 worthy 99 GT would only make it to 14.4-14.5. Took me a while to take it into the 13's . Anyways

Old 04-23-2016, 08:35 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol, if I wanted a great handling car, or road coarse car, I'd buy Fords competitors Camaro which feels, handles and does just about everything better then the s550s and also gets beat in almost every car review I've seen/read.
And yes the s550 was "made" to fall right behind the new Camaro lol. Sorry.
You also miss the point that a bolt on 3.7 isn't miles off a new s550 in the 1/4 mile like we were saying.
If you like your car that's great, but as it is a step up from the 11-14s its a step back from its direct competition.
Sent from the future.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:40 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Classic response . Il one up you by saying I'd get the M4 . Now , it's your turn . I suggest you try saying you'd get a Nissan GTR or something faster , with all this theoretical money and ambition you have . I swear I've heard this same response from 4 people over the last few days. Do you numb nuts have a club or were you just not issued common sense ? Anyways your point is well received. You win every debate ever

Old 04-23-2016, 08:43 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Classic response . Il one up you by saying I'd get the M4 . Now , it's your turn . I suggest you try saying you'd get a Nissan GTR or something faster , with all this theoretical money and ambition you have . I swear I've heard this same response from 4 people over the last few days. Do you numb nuts have a club or were you just not issued common sense ? Anyways your point is well received. You win every debate ever

Dude your truly a moron, we are talking about direct comparisons, not GTRs/lambos...
Yes your car is the best ever with no comparisons, you going to be able to sleep okay now??
I'm done arguing with you,
I'll go back to my **** box section and leave you alone.
Sent from the future.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:39 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

2016 ecoboost

You lost your composure rather quickly! Thanks for the laughs! I did have a direct comparison. I replaced my 14, with a 15 because it looked nicer (to me) and did what I wanted it to much better. How many new mustangs have you owned over the last two years? If it's less than two, then you don't have anything to comment on this.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:04 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Again lol how did an ecoboost thread turn Ito 15 gts are slow or 14 gen better than 15 or vice versa? Lol

Old 04-23-2016, 02:14 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Because the OP traded his 13GT for an Ecoboost. How did you expect people on here to take that lol?

Old 04-23-2016, 05:19 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Saw a 15 ecoboost auto get dyno'd today...

288 hp

Not too bad for a 2.3L

Now for rear seat... I didn't buy one due to no head room in rear. I'm 6' 1" and can sit comfortably in the rear of my 2014... Not in the 15-16. Was told 5' 8" is the max height to sit back there.
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:35 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I tried to sit in the back and I learnt the hard way . I never sit in the back , but it sucks to know I can't now

Old 04-23-2016, 08:58 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
It's the price to pay for the Fastback look haha.

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:13 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
It's going to need a while bunch of stuff. I mean, a GT auto can go 12.8/12.9 if you're a pro , otherwise it's up to mid 13's. It sounds like you like your car , so just enjoy it because you're gonna waste so much money. What are you going to do when the warranty runs out of this car? Nobody is going to want to pay more for any of the mods you make. Anyways enjoy your new car!

I'm going to buy a new one. what else?

2014 GT Premium 200A, Black on black , leather , 6R80, Nav, Security. Pro Cal, HT catback exhaust 12.54@112
thelastsumurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:12 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:

M4? I don't know about that.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:27 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Old 04-25-2016, 08:29 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Old 04-25-2016, 11:00 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

I know it's more expensive , but it won that race lol. Unless all you watched was the drag , which again, no one is buying an M4 to drag race. They're not even building these cars to do this stuff anymore. It's impressive , but even more impressive is how the slower and less powerful m4 out handled the Camaro.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:08 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
It was mentioned by Kona, but we r just having some fun.
If I bought a 15/16 5.0 and was running low to mid 13s it would be going back!
My car with simple bolt ons and a tune will run mid to high 13s, maybe a low 14, and it was over 10k cheaper then a 5oh.

Tbh I was really put off last night when I went to my dealer and we briefly threw around some numbers and a 16 gt with the pp was going to run 40k plus around 6k in taxes and depending on the term another 3 or 4k in interest.
So around 50k for a 5oh is not happening with a family to support.
Probably going to go pro charger next summer, and besides I love my 3.7!

Sent from the future.

This is why I can't help but laugh when 5.0 guys try and tell 3.7 owners that it's cheaper to upgrade than go FI.

2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:53 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post
This is why I can't help but laugh when 5.0 guys try and tell 3.7 owners that it's cheaper to upgrade than go FI.

MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Guilty as charged lol.
I was one of those that was just going to skip the Pro charger and go to the 5oh, but after discussing it with my wife I'll be going with a Pro Charger hopefully this summer.
But as we were pricing it from AM and doing the money conversion from USD to CAD I notice they won't ship to Canada!
Could prove really problematic.
Oh Alex lol........

Sent from the future.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:22 PM   #69
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
He'd be the guy that could make it happen.

Respect the Classics.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:28 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Well my grandma lives in Chicago and have family that lives in Chanda. You could always ship it to her house and you could come to the address and pick it up. It's the riskiest thing you could possibly do, but just a suggestion lol.

MPT ghost cam tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)