Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Nice V6 Mustang Euology....

Tags
v6 mustang
3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Loved the 3.7, will be sad to see it go. Took the V6 from "lol V6!" to respect. For 7 years the V6 was not lulzy.

Basically the same power as the old GTs, with amazing gas mileage and all the same bells and whistles as the Coyote it was a great buy. Even with the S550 when you could only get it as a base model the S550 "base" model is pretty well equipped. I hate the ecoboom myself... But... Ford has to meet international sales goals and the ever tightening CAFE standards.

TBTH I would not be surprised to see the V6 return for the 2020 overhaul though. But not as a middle of the road option, I'm betting we will see a turbo 6 as the GT engine. Something along the lines of the twin turbo 3.5L and the Coyote or Voodoo will be a $$$$ option with a gas guzzler tax.

#4 · (Edited)
TBTH I would not be surprised to see the V6 return for the 2020 overhaul though. But not as a middle of the road option, I'm betting we will see a turbo 6 as the GT engine. Something along the lines of the twin turbo 3.5L and the Coyote or Voodoo will be a $$$$ option with a gas guzzler tax.
Don't forget the 2.7 EcoBoost V6 with 325 HP and 375 lb/ft of torque. I think that they will almost have to keep the 5.0 for bragging rights, and the 2.7 would make a GREAT middle engine. It would be an engine that I would consider if ALL of the options were available with it.............but maybe not, if the Coyote is making 475 HP by then, and with the 10 speed automatic, will still probably be in the high 20's for mpg.

#8 ·
I've heard some pretty good sounding V6s. The only 4 banger I like is the Boxer engine in Subarus.

#10 ·
I bought my V6 a year ago, soon after I started hearing that people take the V6 lightly. But I don't care, the Mustang has always been my dream car and on a teacher budget it made sense getting the V6. I love my car and I love the speed. If they would offer me a BMW, Mercedes, or any luxury car in exchange for my car, I would say "HELL NO!" :cool:

#12 · (Edited)
I had a 14 model V6 that had been raked through the AM and CJs digital parts isles, may it Rest In Peace. Loved that car. Solid and respectably fast with good exhaust note. The Ecoboost takes a lot of crap just for being a four banger. It will never have a V8 sound; I think folks half way expect to be in the ballpark at least which will never happen. The V6, wouldn't either but you could get it in the ballpark. Aside from the exhaust (a big one) the Ecoboost is solid. Had mine at the track twice last Fall. It's not a GT but It has taken several GTs who were sleeping at the light. Give it any kind of jump and it's gone. The other nice issue with a four banger is handling. In the twisties, a front heavy V8 doesn't stand a chance. I'm digressing a lot out of don't be haten on the Eco. Sorry to see the sixer go but I'm sure we'll see its return. Remember what powers the Ford GT now.

#13 ·
I honestly have been thinking of picking up a 2012 Lava Red V6 stick shift for a fun DD/handling car after my wife's student loans fall off next spring. But... I'm setting my 2000 up for handling so kinda redundant. It will not be a DD tho...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.