Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Ecoboost vs V6

13K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  msp.ecoboost 
#1 ·
I don't understand why these two are combined into one forum but while it's here let's have the battle of the century! Which one is better?? Any well modded engine bays out there with pics??

#4 ·
Yes! A factory twin-turboed V6 Mustang would've been sweet! I think they would have been stepping all over their precious GT market with that one though. My assumptions why they didn't

#5 ·
Depends.

Stock - Pretty much dead even
Anything over stock the EB is going to start pulling on the V6. The EB makes crazy torque with just a tune. Take Tune+'s numbers: 93 tune 328WHP/396ftlb. I believe they were getting about 10% better on E30.

I highly doubt we'll see a TTV6 model :( That would take the spotlight away from the GT. Even if stock they were close...After a tune the V6 would put the shame on the GT.

#6 ·
Personal experience coming from a tuned '13 V6 to a '17 Ecoboost; it has it's pros and cons. The V6 felt quite a bit quicker off the line being N/A. Much snappier from a dead stop. After that though the ecoboost seems to pull much harder. In the lower speeds they feel pretty similar although the "around-town" low end torque in the EB is MUCH more fun lol.

Where I feel like it really shines though is past 60. It feels much more happy to go, whereas the V6 felt like I needed to prod it a little bit to keep going. The EB just keeps going and going and feels much more effortless.

I do miss the instant power from the V6 though. The lag can be pretty substantial from the turbo. Not a deal breaker but stock it is a bit laggy. Especially with the stock intercooler, it definitely pulls some timing once it's up to temp.

#7 ·
One other thing to consider is in order to get maximum performance from the eco boost you have to use premium where as the v6 makes maximum/ advertised power on 87. From the reviews I've read the eco looses 25-30 hp with 87.

That's really the only benefit I can see for the v6 over the eco. As already said once you start modding dollar for dollar it's no context unless you drop serious money in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This post has been deleted
#21 ·
Just read this thread and I litteraly [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mustangs hold their value, especially when you take the time to Mod it! My 2005 S197 sold for $18,000 at auction when I sold it in 2010! I put a Twinscroll 67mm T4 Turbo setup on it and it produced 402rwhp and 460rwtq @ 10psi!

Here is a pic of the car underneath!
If you put Forced induction on your car, people will pay an arm and a leg for it! Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Compact car

#22 ·
You could have got A LOT more if you sold it privately I think.
18k is practically giving it away, why would you auction such a gem??

I would love a twin turbo procharger blower on my 3.7 and then sell it for big $$$! What do you think I could get for my Mustang then? 40-50k?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#23 ·
Got to be reasonable! My 2005 S197 V6, 5years old and 26,000 miles cist me $22,000 when I bought it! I sold it for $18K! That's not a bad deal in my opinion! There is no way you can get $40 or $50k on a V6 Twin Turbo! The trick is getting the most for your money after you've used the car for a certain amount of years!

Your car value plus the kit! Then a little more just to be happy! The deal has got to make sense!

#27 ·
Cool, maybe I'll just keep it and watch the value go up!
Does it also help that it's Candy Apple metallic red? I believe 2013 was the last year of that color!
They also say that red cars ARE the fastest colors, but I'm not sure about that.

#33 ·
You owe that young man a debt of thanks. Move over Captain Planet!

#34 ·
This thread is why getting advice from internet forums is stupid.

#35 · (Edited)
What do you mean, I've learned so much!!!
Candy Apple red is now confirmed as the fastest color, if I Procharge with a twin turbo 3.7 it will be worth A Lot more than the current book value, and it's a collector car, now that the 3.7 has been discontinued!
Your not gonna find info like THAT on the internet!!
Take that internet!!!!!
Forum fanboy for life!!!!

#36 ·
What do you mean, I've learned so much!!!
Candy Apple red is now confirmed as the fastest color, if I Procharge with a twin turbo 3.7 it will be worth A Lot more than the current book value, and it's a collector car, now that the 3.7 has been discontinued!
Your not gonna find info like THAT on the internet!!
Take that internet!!!!!

Yep! Add a Procharger and your Gold!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.