Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Track night

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Hampton CIT 
#1 · (Edited)
So six months ago, was the first time I took my Ecoboost to the strip. Several runs spread out over .5 seconds with the best being a 14.006 (I know, right?!?) and avg about a 14.30. Ambient temp in the mid 50s. Wheel hop was hideous and clearly holding me back. Wheel hop 80% gone last night with new vertical links and urethane bushings on the car's first visit back to the track. Didn't get killer times but did get into the 13s. Ambient temp in the mid 70s. For you other Ecoboost folks out there, get the intercooler and charge pipes. It really does make your times more consistent. My first three runs were 14.14, 14.11 and a 14.10. I was crazy consistent even as a novice racer and a manual tranny. If we were bracket racing I would have cleaned up!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Funny moment of the night was the last flight had me lined up with a 2008 Bullitt Mustang. I'm thinking this may be an interesting and a more fair run than against the usual 10.50 guys. Moving closer to peek under his hood, I see the aftermarket supercharger. I know I had the crushed look at that point. The slip above is from that run against that car; however... it wa neck and neck through the 1/8' mile mark.

Attachments

#5 ·
Mistype. Sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.