Ecoboost Outlaw Exhaust! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2017, 10:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Ecoboost Outlaw Exhaust!

So I finally got my exhaust changed out and you can FINALLY hear it somewhat God, that stock exhaust is atrocious. I was VERY hesitant about picking the outlaws up. I really thought they were going to be obnoxiously loud. Wow, was I wrong. They're actually still too quiet for me. But for a four cylinder, man are they deep! Figured I'd piece together a small video to compare when I get the flowmaster Y-Pipe on it to make some more noise. When watching definitely make sure your bass is on. The in-cabin with bass up sounds EXACTLY how it does sitting in the car. Exterior is pretty close but obviously some rasp is added through the video. Deeper in person.

But if you are wanting a deep exhaust for your EB, that isn't loud...the outlaws are a GREAT choice!

Spykexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
It still just......Idk.
Not sure if im going to like the sound of any Eco no matter the exhaust on it.

LG G4
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

And that's perfectly ok. A lot of the traditional mustang community isn't sold on 4 cylinders. But for being a I4 with ELH, these sound phenomenal. The exterior sounds a bit more like what the interior sound does in real life. Really deep, but without unequal length headers it just doesn't have the grumble that many of the other sport I4's do like Subaru. Sound is purely subjective and for a 4 cylinder these sound great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I think it sounds pretty good. I would have to flip a coin on buying a new eco or 5.0. I like both of them. The 2.3 Is very impressive for what it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Agreed, FOR (being the key word here) an I4. I love the sound of a V8 as much as the next guy, but for an I4 it sounds really good in person.

As far as buying an EB vs a GT...That's really preference. I am EXTREMELY impressed with my EB and love it. I really cant wait to throw the FRPP tune on it which brings it up to 335/390. Other than forum goers I've yet to have a single negative comment in person.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Awesome lil I4. Great hp numbers. Yea I know what you mean, my 3.7 gets a lot of complements in person. Post up another video once you have it tuned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:55 PM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I'm in the same boat as FastFord. I understand the power potential of these things and I'm not one of those idiots who is like "4 cyl lololololol v8 4ever" and then it turns out the dude is driving a 305 Iroc or something that my CRV could beat. But... I hear that and just can't... only 4 banger I think sounds good is the Subaru Boxer but that's just me. But if you are happy with it then more power to you, these engines can def. back it up with the right tuning.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:24 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I will give you this.........that sounds a LOT better than the stock exhaust, and also much better than the new Porsche 4 cylinders.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
It sounds like a Honda in my opinion. I'm not insulting the owner. I'm glad you're enjoying your car. Everyone is different.

I'm a V8 fan. I love large displacement engines. I'm heart broken over the discontinued
Viper. That V10 is amazing.
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
It sounds like a Honda in my opinion.
That's the same thought that crossed my mind. But, to each his own.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Check my setup!!! Skip to 0:24

andyx5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:16 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
It sounds like a Honda in my opinion. I'm not insulting the owner. I'm glad you're enjoying your car. Everyone is different.

I'm a V8 fan. I love large displacement engines. I'm heart broken over the discontinued
Viper. That V10 is amazing.
Well a 4 cylinder is going to sound like a 4 cylinder so the comparison is quite fair...The only difference being i4's with UEL manifolds like the subaru. But I will say in the massive amounts of riced out hondas that I've heard...I've never heard a single honda that was as deep as the outlaws on the EB. The exterior portion of the video didn't turn out nearly as well as the interior. It's not nearly that loud/high pitch in person. Just the nature of trying to film exhaust, especially with a phone.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spykexx View Post
Well a 4 cylinder is going to sound like a 4 cylinder so the comparison is quite fair...The only difference being i4's with UEL manifolds like the subaru. But I will say in the massive amounts of riced out hondas that I've heard...I've never heard a single honda that was as deep as the outlaws on the EB. The exterior portion of the video didn't turn out nearly as well as the interior. It's not nearly that loud/high pitch in person. Just the nature of trying to film exhaust, especially with a phone.
Hey guys! I have a dumped exhaust which ends after the CAT! Let me tell you, my car sounds better than a WRX or EVO! The Ecoboost engine gets a deeper sound as you accelerate and more boost is added! I get thumbs uo on the sound! Not only that, but you can hear the turbo whistle since the exhaust is so short!

At the back of the car, I left the mufflers in tact!
msp.ecoboost is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6)

Tags
exhaust