Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Turbosmart NEW 12psi wastegate!

30K views 717 replies 15 participants last post by  msp.ecoboost 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! As the title says, Turbo smart gives us another performance option! I placed placed my order, and should have performance numbers by the end if next week!

The 10psi wastegate was good for an increase in HP by 30hp and Torque numbers by an increase of 40LbsFt by 3500rpm! So the 12psi should increase these numbers!

Best I've done using Track Apps is a 14.3ET! So if I can get to 13's with this wastegate, I'll be happy!

#96 ·
In MHO that is all it's good for. :cool:
And you are so wrong when you say all you get is the 19" wheels.

#88 ·
3rd gear falls under the 8th mile! So having high boost in 3rd gear will give a nice 1/8th mile time!

This detailed explanation, and not blunt statement!

Yeah, you don't want me to get credit! I understand Rapinator126!

Unfortunately I've already taken credit, and everyone reading knows this!

#97 ·
A little hero worship going on here.

#104 ·
There are enough published results to show that a bone stock Ecoboost Mustang is quite capable of dipping into the 13s in the 1/4.

There is also enough published info that says to get any benefit from a waste gate with higher spring pressure you need to adjust the tune and in a worst case you lose power because it confuses the ECU without a tune.

#124 ·
Its not a joke! With more power, you have to account for getting it to the ground! I have overpowered my street tires! This the reason I didn't want to publish the run, until it made sense! But you all wanted to know what the real numbers are, and I obliged! When 8 say I'm making 14psi in 1st and 2nd gear, I just proved it! USS my tires can grab traction with that much boost!

#128 ·
Nope! Don't need tune!

This is precisely the reason I didn't wsntbto post, because I knew guys like you would try to destroy the credibility of my info!

Your not a drag racer, so you don't understand things properly! So do me a favor and keep your opinions to yourself, and we shall leave it at that!!

You don't need a tune, just tire!

#130 ·
I figured you did! I know your looking for any reason!

I have not done anything to get an attitude from you, except post the truth!! I could have lied and said I made 13et, but I'm not a liar!

Ecoboost running 13s stock is far and few between!! Not going to catch me lying about the power and its ability! Just the truth!

Anyways. I need drag radials, so this thread can go too sleep. Until I return!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.