Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Turbosmart NEW 12psi wastegate!

30K views 717 replies 15 participants last post by  msp.ecoboost 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! As the title says, Turbo smart gives us another performance option! I placed placed my order, and should have performance numbers by the end if next week!

The 10psi wastegate was good for an increase in HP by 30hp and Torque numbers by an increase of 40LbsFt by 3500rpm! So the 12psi should increase these numbers!

Best I've done using Track Apps is a 14.3ET! So if I can get to 13's with this wastegate, I'll be happy!

#180 ·
Yeah! Me too! I want to run 13's bad!

Check this out! This year I'm going to get this turbo kit and new cylinder head!

Here is the Turbo kit

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...WTBz_VcVkzI6PbZVkQMqa99BxevPVtLAaAlEAEALw_wcB

Here is the Cylinder Head

https://www.maperformance.com/products/map-individual-port-head-2015-ford-ecoboost-mustang-ebm-iph

Here is the Bill it intake manifold

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...anifold-2015-ford-ecoboost-mustang-map-ebm-im

That's the plan for 2018, and 500rwhp!

#185 ·
11.03 @ 121 isn't at all impressive for a newer car on factory internals and turbo.

The DSM record is I believe 10.93 @ 123.13, factory 14b turbo and stock long block, also with no nitrous. Also, this was a car that rolled off the assembly line in 1990 as an Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5 Spd..

With nitrous, DSM's have went 10.16 @ 131 on stock long block and turbo.

Not to mention Evo's have ran 10.9 @ 124 on factory long block and turbo.

Hell ... I know several guys with GM Duramax trucks that are running low 11's on stock turbo and stock internals and full interior. One of them ran something like an 11.4 with his 5th wheel hitch still in the bed. If he gutted that truck to the extent that they gutted that Ecoboost Mustang, it would have likely ran 10's.

#192 ·
Sure thing buddy, you really smashed me in a polite way.

The turbo DSM's weigh 2850 - 3200 lbs for the 1st gen models (90-94) and 2900 - 3300 lbs for the 2nd gen turbo models.

You are correct in that the 4G63 is worthless when it comes to torque, except ...

On stock turbo at 8500' DA, the stock 14b turbo and stock 4G63 put down 281 whp @ 4950 rpm and 322 wtq @ 4350 rpm on a car from 1990. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vB1T-d1jqk

Or with just a slightly larger turbo and e85, puts down 459 whp @ 5400 rpm and 478 wtq at 4700 rpm - 16g E85 Dyno Results | DSMtuners

But .. what do I know... I only own one.

#191 ·
Yes! We Do!
Sometimes it gets so cold in the morning that you have to scrape the frost off of your windshield before you can drive.
It's terrible!

I think that most states in the US switch over to a winter blend, regardless of their climate.
It is less expensive to refine winter blend gasoline, and it is an avenue for the oil companies to sell off some of the excess by-products of the refining process. Namely, propane and butane.
Sometimes, they even pass on a small percentage of the savings in the refining process to the consumer!

#203 ·
Where did you get that number? Every published number I have seen for the Ecoboost has been 3486 to 3532. The Ford site lists the 18 Ecoboost Premium manual as 3542 and the 10spd auto as 3535.

That 48 lb range makes sense for the difference between a base and premium since the added content of the premium is not made up of items that are going to make a big difference in the weight.

#218 ·
The only guys getting what they need is the GT owners! They got bumped to 460HP! Almost 500NA!! While Ford left the more popular selling car the Ecoboost with still 310HP and a slight bump in torq to 350!

Its bull****, cause the Ecoboost weighs about the same as a GT, because the built aluminum shortblock is so heavy! Fat rods and a heavy crankshaft in the Ecoboost make it heavy!

#222 ·
As far as the magazines go, their all full if it when if comes to 1/4 mile times! They say everything makes it to 13's, when its not true! You need drag radials and no less than 300rwhp to make 13's! All Ecoboost vary from 240 to 280rwhp from the factory! The magazines lie about the 1/4 mile times!

#225 ·
Ford wanted to push Eco technology in the Mustang, sadly when that decision was made, the 3.7 instantly went on life support.

Sent from Galaxy S8+
Yeah, samething happen to the beautiful and bullet proof 4.0 Cologne V6! Not sure why Ford can't make a twin turbo V6 mustang, using the F150 motor! People would certainly buy that car!

#227 · (Edited)
Because it would step on the V8 territory.
Basically it would have a similar effect to what happened to the 3.7 when the Eco 4 was released.
The V8 will eventually succom to the fate the 3.7 has, but not yet.
With every passing year the V8 gets closer and closer to being pushed out of Ford's door to where it will only became a "specialty" application like a Shelby/Svt platform.
It has already begun with Ford's GT and Raptor, along with most F150's solid world wide being non V8 configured.
Like it or not, Ford has clearly displayed it's ECO technology is here to stay.

Sent from Galaxy S8+

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.