Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2015+ Mustang 3.7 V6 Less Power than previous, Dyno Charts

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mariusvt 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a question and have searched for hours but cannot seem to get an answer on anything online.

We used a 2011 3.7 V6 motor in a pretty trick project rally car. Motor is standard, but has all Motec, sequential gearbox, race fuel, etc. Motor made 303 hp (to the wheels).

We had a problem with that engine and just switched to a more recent 2016 3.7 V6. Same setup, same dyno, and it is making 40hp less, and 30ft lbs less. The tuner cannot get anything more out of it.

Anyone know what the difference is between the engines? Different cams?

#2 ·
At first we thought Ford lowered the hp on the v6 to 300 to make the EcoBoost look better. The only difference I can tell is the intake manifolds are smaller on the 2015+ v6's. From what I've read, that's the only difference between the two v6's. I'm no expert and maybe someone else will chime in :)

#3 ·
Only change is the intake which is a better design yielding higher mid-range hp/tq. The 5hp lost in the 15+ 3.7 is entirely tune related nothing else was changed.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.