Trolling and rude answers here will not be tolerated - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2015, 04:47 AM   #1
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Trolling and rude answers here will not be tolerated

This forum was created to allow any member to post a valid tech question and get a straight answer. Even if the question has been addressed before, it will be expected that the answers are respectful, and technical in nature.

No answers with "do a search", or "that question has been asked before" will be permitted. If you do not have an answer that is seen as constructive to the question, simply do not reply.

No jokes, no hijacking of the thread to derail the original topic.

Any answer that is deemed rude will be removed, and the offending member that posted it will be dealt with according to the rules of this site promptly.
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2015, 05:34 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
You know what is funny about this whole thing? Most of the questions asked here are more advanced than we originally anticipated!
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:18 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I see this new forum built as a win win for all members of Mustang Evolution.

We will do our best to search all the other forums and move threads that contain "commonly asked topics" and place them here. The intent is to make the members of ME satisfied with how we handle these commonly asked questions.

New members that have not spent time on this site do not know if a particular question has been addressed, or for whatever reason, they choose not to search (some do not yet know how, or do not like how our search engine provides answers, or any other reason).

For our "seasoned" members, they do not have to visit this part of the site unless they wish to offer a valid and constructive answer. Anything less will be seen as trolling, and will be dealt with.
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2015, 09:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
This forum was created to allow any member to post a valid tech question and get a straight answer. Even if the question has been addressed before, it will be expected that the answers are respectful, and technical in nature.

No answers with "do a search", or "that question has been asked before" will be permitted. If you do not have an answer that is seen as constructive to the question, simply do not reply.

Any answer that is deemed rude will be removed, and the offending member that posted it will be dealt with according to the rules of this site promptly.

It's good to see disrespect finally being addressed. A few can make the whole look bad. We should be above that. Thank you for your efforts.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:00 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Great work bucko!
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:04 AM   #6
Kevin.Cook

Old 06-04-2015, 10:27 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Trolling and rude answers here will not be tollerated

This will clear out a lot of issues for newbies. Being all the seasoned members get all pissy when some asks the same question that's already been answered. It's just a question that needs an answer. They are new here so it's up to us to show them the ropes, and not be critical about it.

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you for this. There are a few guys on here that just annoy me and make me think new people will run when they read responses. Mustangs and life in general are supposed to be fun!! Lets keep it that way
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Good post! Many times I don't want to open this forum anymore because of some of the stuff I read (degrading, rude stuff). Hopefully this will clear it up.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:36 AM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

The other "tech and talk" forums can also be used to ask technical questions; this forum is set up for our new members, or for questions found in other tech and talk forums that are seen as "commonly asked".

I see this forum quickly catching on not only for our new members, but for others that have been around for awhile too.

Glad to see we have a "safe" spot for this to take place!
Old 06-04-2015, 11:10 AM   #11
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
+1 on all the above as the new kid Mod I ain't gonna tolerate rude. I have no problem with making fun of my friends (here and in person) but there is a difference between poking fun and insulting.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:59 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
+1 on all the above as the new kid Mod I ain't gonna tolerate rude. I have no problem with making fun of my friends (here and in person) but there is a difference between poking fun and insulting.
Exactly! We all do it in person with friends. It's fun to jab back and forth. But we know each other personally, so it is acceptable. It is also very clear what is too far since it is being done in a personal interaction. Doing it on the Internet from behind a keyboard is just juvenile.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:38 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Exactly! We all do it in person with friends. It's fun to jab back and forth. But we know each other personally, so it is acceptable. It is also very clear what is too far since it is being done in a personal interaction. Doing it on the Internet from behind a keyboard is just juvenile.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

There are a few guys on here I'm close with that we will jab at each other a bit just for fun. But it's usually very obvious to others so it's not mistaken as us actually arguing or disliking each other. If it is very obvious i feel a little bit of poking is fine. Just my .02

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
As a new member I can say I have tried the search before posting a question. Every search would come back with hundreds of hits, some not even close to the topic I was searching. I do take full responsibility if I was using the search function incorrectly, so out of frustration I just posted my question with apologies. This has been a great site for me, as a new Mustang owner. I want to thank you old timers for being helpful to me! Having written that you may mock me if you want, I can take it!
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
As a new member I can say I have tried the search before posting a question. Every search would come back with hundreds of hits, some not even close to the topic I was searching. I do take full responsibility if I was using the search function incorrectly, so out of frustration I just posted my question with apologies. This has been a great site for me, as a new Mustang owner. I want to thank you old timers for being helpful to me! Having written that you may mock me if you want, I can take it!
Its not you its the way the search is setup. From my experience the search function searches keywords which include signatures. So if you want to get information on an intake it will cause every topic that had someone post that has an intake as a mod in their signature come up as a hit. I think the search would be a lot more helpful if signatures were excluded from searches so that only discussion topics came up. This is just what I've observed no disrespect to the site creators or mods as I really enjoy reading on here. One thing that helped me when searching was just searching google and it will come up with a lot of more relevant ME discussion topics.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:58 PM   #16
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
Did the New Kid just call us old?

we're here for ya ask away if we see rude answers we'll deal with it. If you don't like anything click on the little red ! triangle to report it.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:47 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Did the New Kid just call us old?

we're here for ya ask away if we see rude answers we'll deal with it. If you don't like anything click on the little red ! triangle to report it.
Naw I'm not calling you old! I'm sorry! to me you guys are long time Mustang owners, and I'm a newbie. Btw, I'm 60. I'm an old fart.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:54 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Trolling and rude answers here will not be tollerated

I haven't even owned my mustang for 2 years!... Yet. Bought it right out of high school, now getting ready for a second mustang!

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:06 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Thanks Guys!

This is one of my favorite Mustang sites. Friendly and helpful. Glad you Admins want to keep it that way!
Second Mustang with a 34 yr gap.
shaneyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:08 AM   #20
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
There are a few guys on here I'm close with that we will jab at each other a bit just for fun. But it's usually very obvious to others so it's not mistaken as us actually arguing or disliking each other. If it is very obvious i feel a little bit of poking is fine. Just my .02

Bullitts are better than Bullets
Just as long as it's not done here, on this forum. It's intent is to be a safe area to post, without any joking; just serious answers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert