Your first mods? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Your first mods?

20 years ago modifying my GT the first mod wasn't such a big deal. I was broke and modded when I came across deals and what I could trade up. I never knew what was next. But what are people doing first now days. Exhaust was first for me. But it seems like the very first thing I need is a tuner. I am itching for a Boss manifold and CAI. And of coarse like to replace the 3:31 in the rear. Eventually leading to some type of power adder besides gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alterego is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2015, 12:23 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Your first mods?

Roush CAI and Roush Tune were my fist mods. But I bought quite a few with them. They were just the ones I installed first.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:16 PM   #3

Region: Washington
My first mod was a new exhaust. I went with Pypes axleback. The reason I just registered was because I got a On3 Performance twin turbo kit for my 2013 S302 white label that comes in today, and was wondering if anyone else went with this kit. I'm wondering about install time on this specific kit, suggestions on a fuel pump and injectors that don't come with the kit, max torque on the stock clutch, and how much boost can a stock coyote block handle? I'm new to forums so I'm still learning on how to navigate through here still.
motu360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2015, 08:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
My first was the gt500 muffler. Never looked back since.

Zac
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic, 6 Speeds, Brembo, Track Package, 3,73 Gear, GT500 Quad Axle Backs,
Zac11GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #5

Region: Washington
My first 'mod' was painting my calipers. Well, you asked!
dorkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:14 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by motu360 View Post
My first mod was a new exhaust. I went with Pypes axleback. The reason I just registered was because I got a On3 Performance twin turbo kit for my 2013 S302 white label that comes in today, and was wondering if anyone else went with this kit. I'm wondering about install time on this specific kit, suggestions on a fuel pump and injectors that don't come with the kit, max torque on the stock clutch, and how much boost can a stock coyote block handle? I'm new to forums so I'm still learning on how to navigate through here still.
I'm interested in this as well because the on 3 turbo kit seems like a great performance for dollars spent kit. I think you would get more responses if you asked these questions on a separate thread though.
kapcan2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
In my 1st car (68 6cyl coupe) I installed a custom ground cam. Slight boost from 50mph to 70mph 😁

Mike roush02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
My first mod was a full 3 inch Borla racing exhaust from AM, no tune but you could still feel the power increase and the praises for the sound are amazing

Sent from my SM-N910V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-20-2015, 01:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I blacked out emblems and did window louvers. then short shifter off road H and axlebacks all within a month or so. Then.. Then... lol. The addiction is real
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I put on Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust and Valance. I put a GT/CS dead pedal on the interior and a Mustang GT License Frame on the back. Other than that - Stock. I do hope to next spring when the Vert comes out of the garage have a Raxiom Navigation system put in. My husband has the twin to mine only hardtop and he has the Ford Navigation system and now I want it - especially as my car is our trip car...only makes sense.
Both Vert and Coupe 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust, comfort package
GTGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsilen View Post
My first mod was a full 3 inch Borla racing exhaust from AM, no tune but you could still feel the power increase
Power increase from changing mufflers? Not going to happen.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

You outta tell it to my rear tires lol
cjsilen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:39 PM   #13

Region: Arizona
I am trying to decide between Ford Racing "sport" or GT 500 axle backs. Any suggestions? I'm excited to start this addiction (12' GT).
Goyatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I bought Corsa Sport GT500 Axleback and absolutely love them. Worth every penny.
Both Vert and Coupe 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust, comfort package
GTGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:56 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyatle View Post
I am trying to decide between Ford Racing "sport" or GT 500 axle backs. Any suggestions? I'm excited to start this addiction (12' GT).
Same with me, trying to make a decision on both. The sports are more $ and probably made better. A lot of sample audio are out there.
fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:58 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Addiction it is lol, welcome to the club
cjsilen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:16 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsilen View Post
Addiction it is lol, welcome to the club
Agreed. It certainly is a drug addiction. I've modded so many cars, and usually I start with suspension. For my Mustang, I ended up doing everything all at once lol - suspension, brakes, exhaust pieces.
jeffrey5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
My first mod was technically the Raxiom Smoked 3rd brake light, but the one I actually consider to be the first was a Bama custom tune off my SF4. It really improved the driveability of the car
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:26 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina
First mod I did to mine was some new rims

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 12-04-2015, 02:22 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
First mods happened on the same day:

Borla S-types
Eibach Pro-Street coilovers
Whiteline Panhard bar
GT500 Spoiler

If it wasn't my only car I would have done other things first, like a tune, but this is also the first car I've ever modded so I'm taking baby steps.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:21 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Snow tires for the stock wheels. 18" wheels and summer tires for the rest of the year. My car is serving daily duty for the next two years. So mods will be practical...hopefully.
Mugeismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:54 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
First thing I did to my car was getting limo tint all around , made it look much more aggressive and then right after the gt500 mufflers with resonator deletes , that was music to my ears aha
Fabio_5ohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:24 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by alterego View Post
20 years ago modifying my GT the first mod wasn't such a big deal. I was broke and modded when I came across deals and what I could trade up. I never knew what was next. But what are people doing first now days. Exhaust was first for me. But it seems like the very first thing I need is a tuner. I am itching for a Boss manifold and CAI. And of coarse like to replace the 3:31 in the rear. Eventually leading to some type of power adder besides gas.

Ford Ford Racing Handling Package (Upgraded Shocks, Struts, Shocks, Upgraded Rear, Front and Tower Strut Brace

Second:

MGP Black Caliper Covers, MMD Bold on Hood Strut, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner(Speed Limiter Delete, 91 Tune, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust.

First two orders.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 03:24 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Tinted the windows first, then Steeda CAI and tune, then MBRP cat back exhaust. Holy S**T I love this car!!!!
la pantera is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert