Axle-back Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-28-2015, 09:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Smile Axle-back Exhaust

Hi, I am a new guy in car mod. Just wondering if replacing the stock exhaust with a new Axle-back exhaust system will do any harm to the vehicle. Will there be any potential damage like leaking or something like that. I have a 2015 GT and I saw video online that cutting off the original exhaust pipe is necessary for the installation. Thank you very much for answering!!
weiyuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2015, 09:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I am thinking about either Roush or Borla s-type. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2015, 10:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
it wont harm the vehicle, if anything; you will
certain exhausts may require light cutting, but if you have a steady hand you should be fine. no harming, no bandaids
2013GTpremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2015, 11:06 AM   #4
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
idk about the 2015's.....but I would look at American Muscle they have "how to" guides for lots of things
Old 10-29-2015, 04:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I'm guessing this is the video you saw...?

Looks like the mufflers are welded in from the factory. Cutting is necessary. As long as you cut in the correct spot, there should be no leaks and no damage. Make sure you double check your measurements. Then when you think they're good, check it again. Goodluck!

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean14 View Post
I'm guessing this is the video you saw...?

Looks like the mufflers are welded in from the factory. Cutting is necessary. As long as you cut in the correct spot, there should be no leaks and no damage. Make sure you double check your measurements. Then when you think they're good, check it again. Goodluck!
Yup that's the video I saw!!
Old 10-29-2015, 11:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013GTpremium View Post
it wont harm the vehicle, if anything; you will
certain exhausts may require light cutting, but if you have a steady hand you should be fine. no harming, no bandaids
Thanks buddy! Will the bolt-on axle back exhaust fall off after a period of time of use??

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiyuhan View Post
Yup that's the video I saw!!
Will the bolt on axle back exhaust fall off after a period of time of usage?

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
idk about the 2015's.....but I would look at American Muscle they have "how to" guides for lots of things
Yup I did check AM and their instruction is to cut off the original pipe..
Old 10-29-2015, 11:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I think I am gonna go with a set of Borla S-TYPE Axle back exhaust. What do you guys think? A good selection? I just feel that ATAK might be too loud for my neighborhood and I am not really considering cat-back.. Thanks!!
Old 10-30-2015, 12:43 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by weiyuhan View Post
I think I am gonna go with a set of Borla S-TYPE Axle back exhaust. What do you guys think? A good selection? I just feel that ATAK might be too loud for my neighborhood and I am not really considering cat-back.. Thanks!!
I have the s-types on my v6 and love them! I had the ATAKs prior to these and it was so obnoxiously loud. Borda s-types are the perfect exhaust IMO

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean14 View Post
I have the s-types on my v6 and love them! I had the ATAKs prior to these and it was so obnoxiously loud. Borda s-types are the perfect exhaust IMO
Yup that's what I am about to go for! Thanks for the insight man!
Old 11-03-2015, 01:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have the SLP Loudmouth Axle-Back Exhaust on my 06 mustang and I love the sound.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
GT500 Axlebacks or Ford Racing Sport
fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Axle backs won't hurt the car. But GOOD LUCK finding a muffler that you like. There's so many amazing ones out there and it's hard to choose just one. Everyone has their own tastes, so that's what made it harder for me when I wanted to gather other opinions.

Try to listen to as many sound clips there are on youtube and on AmericanMuscle.com.
jeffrey5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:22 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I'm ordering the Borla's this week. I've spent almost 8 months trying to decide.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert

Tags
exhaust