Gt Fog Lights with lower Roush fog install help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2016, 04:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Gt Fog Lights with lower Roush fog install help

I currently have the two upper fog lights in my grill and really want to add the roush lower ones. Though reading the instructions for the install it says I could only have one or the either. Has anyone done this set up and ran both? If so I was wondering how? I wanted both upper and lower fog lights all functioning. If you know comment below any help is appreciated!!
Sunnycalibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2016, 04:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
You will likely have to add a separate switch that activates one set of lights. You can can hardwire the lights into the existing fog lights, but I would check my State laws first. Some States do not allow more than 4 headlights (driving and fogs count).

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
You will likely have to add a separate switch that activates one set of lights. You can can hardwire the lights into the existing fog lights, but I would check my State laws first. Some States do not allow more than 4 headlights (driving and fogs count).

Wouldn't hard wiring it into the existing ones have voltage issues?
Sunnycalibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2016, 03:05 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Can I ask WHY you feel you need both? I installed the roush ones and it's more than enough.

If you want to run both you will likely need to figure out some sort of relay system so you can run them without having issues.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I see where you're headed here! Some of you may not be old enough to know the Family Truckster look.

Seriously though.... You're guaranteed tickets running 4 fog lights (retired traffic cop) .... Oh god....wait.. Please don't tell me you're actually wanting to just run with just those 4'fogs on and your parking lights... That's sooooooo played. Like 1990s. You could also look into extra antennas too, shorty ones or long CB ones and even the old fake cell phone ones that stick on your rear window. It completes the look.
Dude...one or the other... That's like sticking on two fake hood scoops, since 1 just isn't enough.
Jeebus....it's like I'm on Camaro6 forum here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	200489  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnycalibear View Post
Wouldn't hard wiring it into the existing ones have voltage issues?
You would need to configure a simple relay and wire harness. There should not be any voltage issues of done correctly.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:59 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I see where you're headed here! Some of you may not be old enough to know the Family Truckster look.

Seriously though.... You're guaranteed tickets running 4 fog lights (retired traffic cop) .... Oh god....wait.. Please don't tell me you're actually wanting to just run with just those 4'fogs on and your parking lights... That's sooooooo played. Like 1990s. You could also look into extra antennas too, shorty ones or long CB ones and even the old fake cell phone ones that stick on your rear window. It completes the look.
Dude...one or the other... That's like sticking on two fake hood scoops, since 1 just isn't enough.
Jeebus....it's like I'm on Camaro6 forum here.
I normally run fogs only when I turn into a driveway. It keeps the headlights on my truck out of people's windows.

Great post. I thought it was quite funny. Sadly I had to laugh at myself. I am in the process of fighting a ticket for no headlights. I was pulled over in a town I was not familiar with for driving the wrong way on a one way. It was a mistake, and I should have seen the sign. The officer approached my window and asked me to turn around. I was being polite, turned off my headlights so they were not in his face, and then got nailed for it. It was a rookie officer. I don't blame him. He did his job.

Now I make sure to light up the world when I'm not in a private driveway. Lesson learned.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert