Bama Tuner Computer Problem - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-12-2016, 07:23 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
See the top right of that dialogue box: Microsoft .NET Framework - that's likely your issue. Go make sure your computer is fully patched (Windows Updates). If it is and you're still having issues, go download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=42642
5.4.2 or a later version is already installed on this computer according to the download.
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2016, 08:03 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
5.4.2 or a later version is already installed on this computer according to the download.
Sounds like you're patched up... Check Event Viewer for application logs. That may direct you as to what is causing the failure.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:08 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds like you're patched up... Check Event Viewer for application logs. That may direct you as to what is causing the failure.
I will have to take a look. I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for though. It's beginning to become frustrating. I have considered filling it with tannerite and watching it vaporize.

I would load the program onto my studio machines, but it would be a bit rough data logging with the equivalent of a server in the car.

My tablets are not designed to use for the software. I'm stuck with my old Toshiba at the moment.

Now to find the event viewer.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2016, 08:32 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I will have to take a look. I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for though. It's beginning to become frustrating. I have considered filling it with tannerite and watching it vaporize.

I would load the program onto my studio machines, but it would be a bit rough data logging with the equivalent of a server in the car.

My tablets are not designed to use for the software. I'm stuck with my old Toshiba at the moment.

Now to find the event viewer.

Windows button+R > eventvwr > enter

Logs will flag an error for application crashes. They generally give a brief description which can help narrow down the possibilities. They also give an error code, which I would advise Google searching once obtained.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:34 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Windows button+R > eventvwr > enter
I am watching a single update load at the moment. It has been loading for 10 minutes.

I may have a virus that has gone unnoticed by the virus protection software.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:31 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
The Data Logging ability of the sct x4 is very limited , it records for 30 minutes your water temp , altenator , boost , tach , dont think it even does the air/fuel , not real useful
WAR HORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:46 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAR HORSE View Post
The Data Logging ability of the sct x4 is very limited , it records for 30 minutes your water temp , altenator , boost , tach , dont think it even does the air/fuel , not real useful
The LiveLink GenII software is showing the ability to collect a lot of information. I could be wrong. I have no idea what information is tranferred via the OBDII port on the 02 Mustang. You may very well be right.

I will not know what I can or cannot track until I have one of the IT tech's with SCT remotely make the equipment work. I have done all I know how. I am at a dead end.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:14 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

I feel like a moron. I never thought about my virus protection. Joseph at SCT remotely connected to my computer and got me up and running with a few simple clicks.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
That's good news!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-13-2016, 12:04 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
That's good news!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Very good.

I was told that I needed to update the firmware on the tuner. To do that I need to return the car to factory tuning, then I can reload the program.

I am apprehensive about returning the car to stock. I don't want to lose the tune and mess up the speedometer calibration.

I am able to use the programmer as a data logger with my laptop. That is what I have been after more than anything. I want to see the spark, MAF numbers, temps, injector cycles, etc while the engine is under load. This basically allows me the ability to make sure everything is working properly.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:07 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
so you have to down load software into a laptop in order to use x4 as a decent Data Logger ?
WAR HORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAR HORSE View Post
so you have to down load software into a laptop in order to use x4 as a decent Data Logger ?
Yes, and from there I have access to every reading possible. I can check throttle position, air flow, fuel pump, injector flow pulse and voltage, MAF numbers, vehicle RPM and speed, battery voltage, I can check and compare both banks, and about 200+ other things.

I can use the tuner as an interface and have full access to my laptop while it is in the car and get real time readings. I can also plug the SCT S4 into the car, do a data log, then upload the information into my computer. Once that is done I can replay the graph and study the numbers. I can compare engine load, RPM, intake air temp, throttle position, the injector cycles, find any engine misses, check actual coolant temps, exhaust temps, and the other 200 different diagnostic readings displayed through the OBDII port if I want to.

The nice thing is that I do not have to suffer through information I don't want. I can select what I want to monitor.

The tuner in itself is a nice tool to have for uploading canned tunes. When you have the ability to know how everything is reacting then you no longer need to settle for a canned tune. Every engine is a little different.

When I was drag racing I looked like a weather station. I had gauges set up in my pit area to read barometric pressure, sea level, humidity, wind direction and speed, and temperature. As the weather changed throughout the day, so did the tune on my bike. It was never anything drastic, but tuning is rarely about making huge changes. You are tweaking things in small increments in order to get the most out of the air and fuel being sucked into the cylinders. Consistency wins races. Adjusting something as small as a few ounces of tire pressure can mean the difference betweeN winning and losing.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

The software is LiveLink GenII and can be found on the right side of the download page for the SCT Device Updater.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:47 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

If I had a sniffer to read the exhaust gasses I would be able to use the numbers to tune with. The track (or secluded empty street - traffic citations may apply) could be used as a real world dyno. A dyno is a great tool to have, but it cannot factor in the resistance of all 4 tires, natural air flow, real world pressure of the car's weight, and weight transfer.

I am not saying this replaces a dyno. In fact, a few dyno runs and a custom tune based on a dyno should have you close to perfect. A data log just helps polish things a bit.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:56 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

https://youtu.be/ZvrVJwthRAE This is just a bit more detailed as to what you can monitor.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert