Uncontrollable Shaking 99 V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
Region: North Carolina
Uncontrollable Shaking 99 V6

Hi all,
Im new here and really need some help with my girl. In august last year she began shaking in idle in park driving it didnt matter. The shaking is really bad at start up then settles down a bit when she levels out. But you can totally tell that shes shaking inside and out the front bumper wiggles. I have checked the harmonic balancer and that seems fine, the motor mounts are good, i have had three different mechanics hook computers up to it and she refuses to spit out a code. my torque converter was going bad right before this started and someone said they think it may have thrown a weight? I havent been able to check myself and i have trouble getting it to a shop because once no one could tell me what was wrong with her i parked her covered her up and took the tags off. I didnt want to risk driving her and mess her up even more. I still start her and let her run so the fluids dont get nasty. My regular mechanic is coming to pick her up tomorrow to take her to his shop so he can tinker with her in his down time but I was just looking for suggestions to give him to look at. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I havent drove my baby but once in almost a year and im dying to get her back.

Liloyerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Georgia
It does sound like a problem in regard to balance. Hopefully it is as simple as a thrown weight.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:46 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Region: South Carolina
My 3.8 is doing something pretty similar. We are fairly certain ours needs a new harmonic dampener. If the dampener is out of balance for whatever reason it could be difficult to tell visually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert