Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2010 V6 check engine light

6K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  51008 
#1 ·
Replaced spark plugs,check engine light still on,just a little over 2000 miles,that's right,2000 miles.Next step?

#3 ·
Check engine light came on a few months ago,dealer replaced 1 plug,said it probably fouled from sitting too much? Didn't want to wait 3 days for appointment,figured why not do what I can do at home,engine was idling rough,check engine light flashing on once in a while.That seems to have stopped,steady idle,no missing after replacing all 6 plugs,just figured "age" of plugs? Hey,thanks for taking the time to reply

#7 ·
Not sure about the Mustangs but I know on my 2006 Kia the key had to be turned 25 times before the code would clear, unless you cleared it with a code reader.

#9 ·
I had a misfire so I replaced all plugs, then the wires, then the coil pack and could not get rid of the code. I called Kia and they stated that's what it was so in reality I could have replaced one plug and be done, but instead I put a good amount of money into it.

#12 ·
I don't know how and where to find code, I disconnected the battery for about thirty minutes today and after re-connecting everything seems fine,so far.Thanks for the assist
You plug a reader into the OBD port under the dash. Any auto parts store will read the code for you for free. Also consider getting yourself a code reader. Best tool you can have in your toolbox. You can get them for less that $20 these days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.