Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Coil over clunks

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  feebs 
#1 ·
I just had my SR Performance V2 Coil Over Kit from AM installed not long ago and it makes clunking noise even on slightest dip. I don’t hear the clunk when I go fast, but when I go 10-40mph thé clunking noise is really loud. The nuts isn’t loose and sway bar links are new. Clunking noise is coming from the front

#2 ·
Now you know why they don't install coil-over shocks at the factory...

Depending upon how low the car is, I suspect that the suspension geometry has been changed enough that, as the front suspension moves up and down, there is some binding going on somewhere... The sway bar links seem to be the most common source of the noise.
You mention that they are new. Are the links the adjustable type?

#4 ·
Plenty of coil over kits that don't cause any issues. SR is not one of them... Seriously just don't buy SR. I'd return as defective and get a MM set. You do get what you pay for. SR is garbage, I'd never install anything of theirs on my car ever.

#6 ·
It's a possibility that what you're hearing might be due to some spring bind on the front coilovers. I'm just speculating, anyone let me know if you think I'm wrong. Either way, as some people said those coilovers aren't the best. If you decide to upgrade, look into getting some with a spherical bearing. That can help prevent spring bind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.