No Child Left Behind - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-31-2004, 09:04 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
No Child Left Behind

how 'bout we DON'T flame this thread.... I have a question though. I hear a lot of Bu****es saying how good he is for education. He did develop "No Child Left Behind" and all this... but how could you pick a man ''for education'' when Texas while he was governor fell to 47th!!! in education?

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2004, 09:11 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
both canidates suck at education policy.

All politicains do

All they want to do is throw money at it, no Child left behind was a dumb law that didnt work

See I'm not afraid to say when someone screws up and does something stupid

Neither candiate you are voting for on Tuesday is going to do a damn thing for education

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 09:19 PM   #3
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
how 'bout we DON'T flame this thread.... I have a question though. I hear a lot of Bu****es saying how good he is for education. He did develop "No Child Left Behind" and all this... but how could you pick a man ''for education'' when Texas while he was governor fell to 47th!!! in education?
http://www.psk12.com/rating/USthreeR...ountyID_0.html

Reddit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2004, 09:21 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Kerry will get rid of No Child Left Behind, which is a good thing.... oh, and Clinton was good for education.... ask my dad ... he teaches the ****

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 10-31-2004, 09:23 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Come on Jimmy you can do better than this. Your parents are liberal teachers and follow one of the most liberal organization in the US. THE NEA and this is what the NEA says about NO CHILDREN LEFT BEHIND

http://www.nea.org/newsreleases/2004/nr040526.html

NEA continues to praise the goals of No Child Left Behind, but called on policymakers to support reforms with proven track records: reduced class sizes, early childhood education, parental and community involvement, professional development for educators and after-school programs.

So teachers believe in the NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND PROGRAM JUST NOT KERRY

So please dont bring this up anymore. Jimmy you might try and have your parents coach you a little better before you mess with people with more insite than you
Old 10-31-2004, 09:23 PM   #6
Regular

Quote:
Kerry will get rid of No Child Left Behind, which is a good thing.... oh, and Clinton was good for education.... ask my dad ... he teaches the ****

What part of neither canidate will do a damn thing about education did you miss? Whether it is taken away or not is pointless.

So who has more impact on education Jimmy?

You said in your first post Govenor Bush at the tim was responsible for the 47th ranking that they had (cant confirm that number right now)

But in your next post you praise Clinton for awsome education

Sorry you cant have it both ways

Reddit
Old 10-31-2004, 09:34 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
It is parents that lead to well educated children, not government.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 09:36 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Corey, Corey, Corey... you can't sit there and tell me teachers praise it, when I LIVE WITH TWO that cuss it. More insight? How can you get more insight than going... "mom, what do you think of NCLB?"... "I hate it".... it's underfunded... you can't expect an underfunded project to WORK. Does it have decent points to it... maybe. But how can you expect those goals to be reached without funding... also Corey, Bush has the NEA listed on his list of terrorist organizations... just a little tidbit for you.... my dad got that in the mail.... as he was a part of the NEA... and why would a teacher's organization praise this act when you are saying teachers are "admittedly liberal"?

Old 10-31-2004, 09:44 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Corey, Corey, Corey... you can't sit there and tell me teachers praise it, when I LIVE WITH TWO that cuss it. More insight? How can you get more insight than going... "mom, what do you think of NCLB?"... "I hate it".... it's underfunded... you can't expect an underfunded project to WORK. Does it have decent points to it... maybe.

You live with 2 liberal parents who are voting for anyone but Bush!!! I could care less what your parents think. The post was direct from the NEA website BY GOD your logic sucks

Quote:
Corey, Bush has the NEA listed on his list of terrorist organizations... just a little tidbit for you.... my dad got that in the mail
MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH Liberal wackos BY GOD This explains your rabbid Liberal spew that comes from your mouth LIBERAL CONSPIRACY NUTS

Quote:
why would a teacher's organization praise this act when you are saying teachers are "admittedly liberal"?
Simple there are many Liberals that are not wackos that fit the mainstream that believe it is a program that is going in the right direction. If it had not why did it pass with overwhelmingly Democratic support. Not everyone is a ANYONE BUT BUSH WACKO. Unfortunately you are!!!!

As far as insight you dont know what any of my family does for a living do you. So you speak with no more insite than I.Hell My sister in law is The head account of the Chattanooga School board and is a liberal and she is voting for Bush
Old 10-31-2004, 09:52 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
yup
Old 11-01-2004, 12:40 AM   #11
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
Exactly and its not even a federal issue, its a local issue, throwing more money at education or passing legislation like no child left behind arent going to do anything.

Reddit
Old 11-01-2004, 08:19 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

when a government puts guidelines on teachers to perform, they must perform. It then becomes the teacher's responsibility to get the kids to pass the NCLB tests... not teacher their material. My dad said it would take him 12 hours a week of free labor to meet the expectations of NCLB. Plus, a lot of parents today don't take an active role in their child's education, that's why we're going down the tubes in education. I didn't say the NCLB had bad intentions, just a goal that's nearly impossible without adequate funding.

Old 11-01-2004, 10:11 AM   #13
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
when a government puts guidelines on teachers to perform, they must perform. It then becomes the teacher's responsibility to get the kids to pass the NCLB tests... not teacher their material. My dad said it would take him 12 hours a week of free labor to meet the expectations of NCLB. Plus, a lot of parents today don't take an active role in their child's education, that's why we're going down the tubes in education. I didn't say the NCLB had bad intentions, just a goal that's nearly impossible without adequate funding.
I thought that when you become a teacher, it is known, and expected that your work day does not end when the bell rings. I know every teacher I ever had in school took work home with them. They would grade homeworks, work on lesson plans, and other things.

On a related note, no federal program is going to work fully until you can get the parents involved. When school is just conisdered free child care to get the kid out of your hair, you will never grow in education. I do think teachers should be required to continually meet standards, but until you get the families involved, you will be severely limited in how much you can grow.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:13 AM   #14
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Beaner, just so you know, you don't look too convincing when every post of yours has "My dad said" or "my parents said" or any of that.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:27 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Mach1Blondie
my view on the "no child left behind" policy is that it is just to far too idealistic for the american society... the concept is great... just, not practical enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
kerry = senile idiot
Mach1Blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:52 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
Well I personally think that it's a great idea, and most people will ***** when they have to do something. I'm in the military and still I moan sometimes, but I do it. It's human nature for the most part. Part being a teacher is probably one of the hardest jobs because you have to teach the material to mainly a bunch of kids that don't wanna learn. Which brings me to another point about ADD, it doesn't exsist. It's called high on sugar!!! Until you cut the kids from the sugar, teaching is going to be somewhat hard. And to follow along the lines of what most of the other people say, parents are a big key to kicking their children in the ***. If teachers could do that still if the parents won't, then I think teaching would be a little easier.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:09 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion
Well I personally think that it's a great idea, and most people will ***** when they have to do something. I'm in the military and still I moan sometimes, but I do it. It's human nature for the most part. Part being a teacher is probably one of the hardest jobs because you have to teach the material to mainly a bunch of kids that don't wanna learn. Which brings me to another point about ADD, it doesn't exsist. It's called high on sugar!!! Until you cut the kids from the sugar, teaching is going to be somewhat hard. And to follow along the lines of what most of the other people say, parents are a big key to kicking their children in the ***. If teachers could do that still if the parents won't, then I think teaching would be a little easier.
ADD is real man, I have a close friend that has ADD, and my Little cuz (my "brother" that we have raised his whole life) has ADD, and he was put on meds and his grades went form D-F to A-B, and his (real) mother took him off the meds and his grades are back to D-F's, he is on a diet (not a weight loss one) but one to make sure he does not drink coke, or eat sugar. also when he is with us (70%) of the time he is fine as a 10 year old, but he needs that little push. My thoughts about teachers and schoolss its like i said, raise your kids to be better, BUT I went to a 4 star school ( http://www.hse.k12.in.us/HHS/default.htm ) <read about it....
Old 11-01-2004, 01:22 PM   #18
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
No Child Left Behind was horrible, and one of the few things I disliked about Bush's policies.

It's more like "Every Child Left Behind at the Same Rate."
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:53 PM   #19
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
No Child Left Behind was horrible, and one of the few things I disliked about Bush's policies.

It's more like "Every Child Left Behind at the Same Rate."
Yep

Reddit
Old 11-01-2004, 02:13 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

the chance of any presidential canadate ever commiting to anything solely rooted in american soil is rare. Education is one of those things. you can poor tons of money into it now. but you wont see a damn thing change for at least 10 years, untill the student who were started in the program have almost completed it.. its a tough thing to deal with when the entire country expects immediate results... oh an 97 stallion, i do agree that there are alot of conditions today that kids use as excuses. but add is real i have it i have been on ritalin for 7-8 years... you know how i know its real. because when a normal kid takes ritalin he/she tweaks out and runs around like a chicken with their head cut off thats why its a huge club drug. youll be up all night.. when i take it or anyone with add does. its mellows me out and i can concentrate on one thing at a time.. its a neurological imbalance. if you would like me to go into more detail as to how it actualy works i can ... unless you yourself have been diagnosed with it, dont attack people such as you did.. you want something thats bull****.. how about companies and such getting tax breaks for having an equally diverse eployee base. im not racist, do not take it that way my cousin ins black problem is that companies are forced to hire under qualified workers to meet that line so that they can save money. now thats bull****
This is America, where every vote counts, unless it's a vote for a Democrat.
thirstymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 02:17 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

i really didnt clarify my first statement enough .. the reason i say that is that, things such as education, creating more american jobs, all of those types of thins, have a long cyce on them as to when the money will be retuned and a surplus gained. i think i used that word right.. presidents have 4 years to impress the country. investing in education, in american jobs, in things with no political ties, will not trn around and grow that wuickly..now sending jobs over to china, that first year the amount of money you save, comes right back and taadaa! look our president made tons of money. if they invest that money in the american economy and such .. after four years even if this have improved the chances of having a quick turn around rate so that it is undeniable where the moeny came from is scarce.
This is America, where every vote counts, unless it's a vote for a Democrat.
thirstymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:02 PM   #22
Regular

In my opinion you can throw all the money in the world into education but it wont matter for a couple of reasons

1. Parents need to be involved in order for anything to happen.
2. Earmarking, money is earmarked which is a horrible idea, The high school I graduated from has 2200 students and a building for 1800, yet you know whats even sadder? The building is only 5 years old and the school is building a NEW GYM instead of a NEW SCHOOL. Its just flat out retarded. Until our elected officials start spending what mnoney we have wisely nothing will get better. We have enough money its just being spent horribly.

Reddit
Old 11-01-2004, 03:12 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Brent, the best part of school is we build new gyms to keep kids in shape, but you ONLY (here) have to take one year of PE. and we have a state of the art pool (to go along with our old pool, yup we have 2) and we have 2 gyms, (one is for sports only no PE class) the cost is cutting into other programs like there will be no FFA (thats right Indiana's farmers going down the drain) no metal class', no welding class', Auto repair is moved to a outside school thats 45 min away for JEL (another school that you have to pay more to attend), of all the band members or sports stars i know of, how many had the skills to do other jobs out of school? the hands on class that give you the skills to do lots of jobs are being cut. I think it sucks how much work teachers have to do and the little pay they get. kinda like police and fire... all do the long and hard work to make each other safe and smart and get paid less then a dogs pile of sh*t.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:38 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang
ADD is real man, I have a close friend that has ADD, and my Little cuz (my "brother" that we have raised his whole life) has ADD, and he was put on meds and his grades went form D-F to A-B, and his (real) mother took him off the meds and his grades are back to D-F's, he is on a diet (not a weight loss one) but one to make sure he does not drink coke, or eat sugar. also when he is with us (70%) of the time he is fine as a 10 year old, but he needs that little push. My thoughts about teachers and schoolss its like i said, raise your kids to be better, BUT I went to a 4 star school ( http://www.hse.k12.in.us/HHS/default.htm ) <read about it....
See this is my point exactly!! ADD is just another way for doctors to pump pills in to your body. You may think it's real, but as you can see you have to keep the kid off the sugar. What kid is going to want to sit down and learn about 14th century art and music or even math when he's high on sugar. Some people don't even know basic math so geometry and trig is even more of a put off and add being high on sugar into the mix then you really have a kid that doesn't want to learn. Do you know people these days eat 50x more sugar than people from the 50's? Also, ADD didn't seem to be a problem back them either. Sugar is in just about everything we eat. Today's society is becoming a lazy one. Everything has to be at your fingertips, which is nice though, but it removes the exercise factor. I don't know about you, but when I was little we didn't get to stay home and play nintendo. We went outside to play, and same thing after lunch in elementry school. You eat, and then have recess so you can go and burn all that sugar off. Now people require sugar to get their day going instead of exercise. I'm not saying people have a learning disability, but sometimes the teacher just isn't relay the info the right way and it's not the same thing. Anyways, you can think what you want.

Old 11-01-2004, 04:44 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
In my opinion you can throw all the money in the world into education but it wont matter for a couple of reasons

1. Parents need to be involved in order for anything to happen.
2. Earmarking, money is earmarked which is a horrible idea, The high school I graduated from has 2200 students and a building for 1800, yet you know whats even sadder? The building is only 5 years old and the school is building a NEW GYM instead of a NEW SCHOOL. Its just flat out retarded. Until our elected officials start spending what mnoney we have wisely nothing will get better. We have enough money its just being spent horribly.
I think you're looking at it from the wrong point of view. What happens to your school is a local/state issue. You have a board of education and you should have some sort of student council and maybe even a PTA. Those are the people that you should more mad at. They're the ones that determine how and where the money is spent. Also, parent's don't have to be involved, but it does help. It's mainly on the child. Does he/she wanna learn is the big question. It's just like you can lead a horse to water but your can't make him drink. But if the child refuses to learn then they need to flunk and repeat the grade.

Old 11-01-2004, 05:08 PM   #26
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
:worship: :worship: :worship:
Old 11-01-2004, 05:18 PM   #27
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Oh trust me, ADD is very much there. I do believe that many children are mis-diagnosed, or parents say thier kids are ADD cause they can't control them, but spend any time with my brother and you will know what an ADD child is like. He is actually ADHD. Trust me, its real.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:45 PM   #28
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang
Brent, the best part of school is we build new gyms to keep kids in shape, but you ONLY (here) have to take one year of PE. and we have a state of the art pool (to go along with our old pool, yup we have 2) and we have 2 gyms, (one is for sports only no PE class) the cost is cutting into other programs like there will be no FFA (thats right Indiana's farmers going down the drain) no metal class', no welding class', Auto repair is moved to a outside school thats 45 min away for JEL (another school that you have to pay more to attend), of all the band members or sports stars i know of, how many had the skills to do other jobs out of school? the hands on class that give you the skills to do lots of jobs are being cut. I think it sucks how much work teachers have to do and the little pay they get. kinda like police and fire... all do the long and hard work to make each other safe and smart and get paid less then a dogs pile of sh*t.
umm they are building our gym because our National Champion cheerleaders dont like sharing with the Boys basketball team

And anyways, using your point.... what good is it if everyone is in shape yet when they go to class there are 40 students to 1 teacher, portable classrooms and your life is at risk walking through the congested hallways?

Reddit
Old 11-01-2004, 05:47 PM   #29
Regular

Quote:
I think you're looking at it from the wrong point of view. What happens to your school is a local/state issue. You have a board of education and you should have some sort of student council and maybe even a PTA. Those are the people that you should more mad at. They're the ones that determine how and where the money is spent. Also, parent's don't have to be involved, but it does help. It's mainly on the child. Does he/she wanna learn is the big question. It's just like you can lead a horse to water but your can't make him drink. But if the child refuses to learn then they need to flunk and repeat the grade.
Education starts with the parents not with the child, if the parents dont teach their child nothing before they start school (respect being a big thing) when they get into school they are not going to respect authority, and they arent going to learn.

Simple as that.

Education isnt a federal issue, its a local and a state issue.

Reddit
Old 11-01-2004, 06:13 PM   #30
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Education starts with the parents not with the child, if the parents dont teach their child nothing before they start school (respect being a big thing) when they get into school they are not going to respect authority, and they arent going to learn.

Simple as that.

Education isnt a federal issue, its a local and a state issue.
Believe me, in the little time that I have been working at the Elementry school, I have seen a direct corallation with the students whose parents are involved, and those who are not. And let me tell you what, there are some kids that have no respect for anyone whatsoever, and id give you one guess as to wich his/her parents are involved. I do believe that parent involvement deals greatly with how well the child does. You say a child has to want to learn, well, if he wasn't taught anything at home, or his/her parents don't encourage learning, then of course that child is not going to learn. That is what I see from an insiders view on these things. Respect for authority is severly lacking in children these days, and it is so very sad.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:16 PM   #31
Regular

To prove my point this was in our paper today (Love it when things happen to help me prove my point)

THis is the hallway in the school I graduated from:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lastscan.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	678.9 KB
ID:	4169  

Reddit
Old 11-01-2004, 06:19 PM   #32
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

werd, and that school is, o say, 6 years old (lets see, we moved in christmas my freshman year, yeah) , i believe, and it is already severly overcrowded, my sister is still there, and 2 classes in a row on the complete oppiste side of the school, and seriously has to fight her way to get to class. Good thing she is tall, a soccer player, and grew up with 2 older brothers or she would never make it. Its sad really.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:24 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

HSE has about a 25-1 kid/ teacher. maybe +5/-5
Old 11-01-2004, 06:40 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Problem #1 Get the federal government out of our schools This is a Republic not a Federalism we live in. states sould take care of their own schools and if they dont reelect some that will.

Problem # 2 Money is not the problem, waste is, for every dollar spent bureaucratic waste and redtape waste 70 cents. Only 30 cents make it to the schools. The fact is The government should get out of the school business completely or make all education free thru college and break the cycle of poverty that Govermental welfare system has put poor people in. A free education would help all in this country be prosperous and help people become a valued member of society
Old 11-02-2004, 02:03 AM   #35
Regular

Quote:
Corey, Corey, Corey... you can't sit there and tell me teachers praise it, when I LIVE WITH TWO that cuss it. More insight? How can you get more insight than going... "mom, what do you think of NCLB?"... "I hate it".... it's underfunded... you can't expect an underfunded project to WORK. Does it have decent points to it... maybe. But how can you expect those goals to be reached without funding... also Corey, Bush has the NEA listed on his list of terrorist organizations... just a little tidbit for you.... my dad got that in the mail.... as he was a part of the NEA... and why would a teacher's organization praise this act when you are saying teachers are "admittedly liberal"?
lmao beaner that was directly from the NEA's website, so I guess he can tell you they praise it because quite frankly they do.

Damn those facts

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar