Dont you HATE it when this happens.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Dont you HATE it when this happens....

So I am looking around at cars for sale as I do from time to time.... I run across an 04 Mystichrome Cobra with 4500 miles on it.... I would so buy it if I had a garage space to spare.... oh well maybe I will low ball him to see what gives... worth a shot I guess.

Dont you hate it when you cant find crap when you want to and when you are not looking you find ANYTHING you want...
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #2

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to rugedraw
Re: Dont you HATE it when this happens....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
So I am looking around at cars for sale as I do from time to time.... I run across an 04 Mystichrome Cobra with 4500 miles on it.... I would so buy it if I had a garage space to spare.... oh well maybe I will low ball him to see what gives... worth a shot I guess.

Dont you hate it when you cant find crap when you want to and when you are not looking you find ANYTHING you want...
It could be worse.

My dream car has always been a '69 429 Boss, but with what they are worth, I'd happily settle for a '69. One day driving, I spot a '69 with a "for sale" sign on it parked off a main street in a not-so-good neighborhood. I stop and check it out, and call the number. That guy says he wants $5K, and I talked him down to $4,500 over the phone.

I told him it was mine, and I immediately go to the bank to pull out the money. I call him a bit over an hour later, and he asks me: "Didn't you just take the car on a trailer?"

Apparently, someone else called a bit after me, and he though it was me, and sold him the car. :

To this day, I hate that man. The car was PERFECT, with original tires (probably replicas, but whatever), original iron wheels with hubcaps, a 351C, a it was a 4-speed if I remember correctly. No rust, a more than decent interior, with all numbers matching. It was the deal of a lifetime.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Aidan_04

yupp... happens all the time.

I found an 04 Mystichrome too when B was on his Sonic Blue rampage... I will do almost anything to get one of those. When it comes to something he wants, it's in the garage the next day.. Me? never.

BAH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR View Post
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Aidan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

yeah Brian, I hate that so much. I ended up realizing I could've gotten a GT after I got my v6...

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
yeah Brian
Old 03-11-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Same thing happened to me when I first started looking for cars. This older lady I cut grass for had a 65 fastback with the 2v 289. Auto, caspian blue, mint interior, outside was clean, really nice car.

It was her husband's who bought and sold tons of mustangs and cougars in his day. He had alzheimers and was going to a nursing home and she was selling the house, so she just wanted to get rid of it. Was gonna sell it to me for $6700. A guy from illinois who vacationed down the street knew the old man had alzheimers, and talked him into selling the car to him for $4300 when she wasn't around. Never saw the guy around town after that.

Pissed me off that he screwed them out of some money and me out of a nice car.
Never found another 60's era mustang in that condition for that price...so i ended up with the 03.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Brandon, I have plenty of garage space if you want to store it here for a while... You can come up on the weekends to see it.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Brandon, I have plenty of garage space if you want to store it here for a while... You can come up on the weekends to see it.
you missed the lulz from another thread... I know his name. In one of my threads, Chrissy called me Brandon... my real name is Brian... if you would like even more lulz

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 03-13-2009, 07:22 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

i wish i had a garage. or a house for that matter.

im hoping the recession continues a bit longer so i can save for 20% down... because 20% for a house in dc/nova is a mini fortune.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:28 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
i wish i had a garage. or a house for that matter.

im hoping the recession continues a bit longer so i can save for 20% down... because 20% for a house in dc/nova is a mini fortune.
I, too, am starting to get into the house market. I hate renting, it's just throwing money away.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

haha, i'm sorry brian. i was just talking to rob about that a few days ago. sorry about messin' your name up. brandon is obviously another guy on the site and i didn't have you confused with him or anyone else, everyone else seems to call you beaner. lol it's all good though!

2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT ~Dominic~
MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust, CAI, Mach 1 Grille Delete and much more to come. ***Sold. New 5.0 GT coming soon!!!
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #12
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via MSN to 19Delta

Yeah, this happened to me today. I was coming home from school when I spotted an 02 silver GT sitting at a buy here/pay here lot. I stop in, test drive it, it runs good, yadda yadda, and they want 7k for the car. *sigh*
19Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I was in Gatlinburg for the MCA show. This guy has a '73 Mach 1 that he just wanted to get rid of. It had a 351W, auto, burnt orange with black stripes. Not in the best shape, but decent.

$2k.

Had to pass.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar