The truths of REAGANISMS - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-13-2004, 07:36 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
The truths of REAGANISMS

Subject: Reaganisms

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as
the will and moral courage of free men and women." - Ronald Reagan

"Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose." - Ronald Reagan

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the
government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's
just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

"Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S.

was too strong." - Ronald Reagan

"I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandment's would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress." - Ronald Reagan

"The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but
doesn't have to take the civil service examination." - Ronald Reagan

"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one
end and no sense of responsibility at the other."- Ronald Reagan

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

"The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a
government program." - Ronald Reagan

"I've laid down the law, though, to everyone from now on about anything that happens: no matter what time it is, wake me. Even if it's in the middle of a Cabinet meeting." - Ronald Reagan

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have
learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops
moving, subsidize it." - Ronald Reagan

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards,
if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book." Ronald Reagan

Old 11-13-2004, 11:18 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Reagan in a perfect example in why anyone from Hollywood should be automatically disqualified from running for office.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 11:27 AM   #3
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
there are some pretty good quotes in there, including this one that I hadn't seen before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Reagan
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2004, 11:44 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

I love Reagan -- RIP buddy
Old 11-13-2004, 11:59 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
I do like some of the quotes, but he was still a bad president.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/BUSINESS/10/....ap/index.html

They say the more important measure is that the 2004 shortfall was an estimated 3.6 percent the size of the economy, well below the worst-ever 6 percent figure set in 1983 under President Reagan.

just one thing I found while making another argument on 3.8mustang

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 11-13-2004, 12:08 PM   #6
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
I do like some of the quotes, but he was still a bad president.

They say the more important measure is that the 2004 shortfall was an estimated 3.6 percent the size of the economy, well below the worst-ever 6 percent figure set in 1983 under President Reagan.

just one thing I found while making another argument on 3.8mustang
A bad President!!!! I'm not even going to bother anymore!! Nice cnn link Your parents show you that to?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 01:05 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
A bad President!!!! I'm not even going to bother anymore!! Nice cnn link Your parents show you that to?
go ahead and not bother, and no, they didn't. You can't fight fact Brent. Look at the economies. What was Reagan's excuse? Did he have a 9/11? Did he have a multibillion dollar war in Iraq? Was he after Osama? What's his excuse Brent? If a democrat president had failed as badly as these two have (should say three with Bush, Sr.) the republicans would've never let us forget their failures, and how crappy they were. So what is it Brent? CNN doesn't lie, the numbers they give here:
aren't blown up.

I like this quote from that article, by a representative ....:
"There is simply no credible way to present the largest deficit in history as good news," said Rep. John Spratt of South Carolina, top Democrat on the House Budget Committee. "The Republicans control the House, the Senate and the White House, but today's news proves again they have failed to control the budget."
now what?

Old 11-13-2004, 01:12 PM   #8
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Quote:
go ahead and not bother, and no, they didn't. You can't fight fact Brent. Look at the economies. What was Reagan's excuse? Did he have a 9/11? Did he have a multibillion dollar war in Iraq? Was he after Osama? What's his excuse Brent? If a democrat president had failed as badly as these two have (should say three with Bush, Sr.) the republicans would've never let us forget their failures, and how crappy they were. So what is it Brent? CNN doesn't lie, the numbers they give here:
aren't blown up.

I like this quote from that article, BY A REPUBLICAN....:
"There is simply no credible way to present the largest deficit in history as good news," said Rep. John Spratt of South Carolina, top Democrat on the House Budget Committee. "The Republicans control the House, the Senate and the White House, but today's news proves again they have failed to control the budget."
now what?
REP. Stands for representative dude, NOT republican. Wow. Amazing
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 01:14 PM   #9
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
REP. Stands for representative dude, NOT republican. Wow. Amazing
Thats why I dont bother arguing with him

Reddit
Old 11-13-2004, 01:15 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

so I can't read. you still can't dispute the facts presented by CNN

Old 11-13-2004, 01:16 PM   #11
Regular

Quote:
I like this quote from that article, BY A REPUBLICAN....:
Quote:
top Democrat on the House Budget Committee.

Reddit
Old 11-13-2004, 01:17 PM   #12
Regular

Its no secret that we have a huge deficit

Welcome to like last year

Reddit
Old 11-13-2004, 01:17 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah, I saw the REP and freaked that I was that lucky... didn't bother reading the next part of the sentence

Old 11-13-2004, 01:17 PM   #14
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Yes, because we know the media is SOOO unbiased that they will show the good facts along with the bad. Pleease. Im leaving this thread because the ignorance just hurts.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:17 PM   #15
Regular

Thats what happens when you have a tax cut, terrorist attack and two wars

Reddit
Old 11-13-2004, 01:18 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

they were comparing Reagan and Bush... and how they had bad deficits.... I'm not bringing light to the fact that he's got a huge deficit, everyone knows that

Old 11-13-2004, 01:18 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

this isn't about Bush Brent... this is about Reagan... and I'm asking you what his excuse is. Not Bush.

Old 11-13-2004, 01:19 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

I guess was would be more accurate

Old 11-13-2004, 01:21 PM   #19
Regular

Quote:
they were comparing Reagan and Bush... and how they had bad deficits.... I'm not bringing light to the fact that he's got a huge deficit, everyone knows that
and why dont you look at what was going on during each presidency?

Cold war for one! Huge Defense spendings

Its also no secret the Bill Clinto drastically cut defense spending in the 8 years that he was in office and rasied taxes to get rid of the deficit, which he did and ther result of the raised taxes gave us a surplus... and a declining economy at the end of his 8 years

You cant disput facts beaner and the fact is that Bush inherited a declining economy in 2000, he used the surplus for the tax cuts and got screwed by 9/11

That was Bush's whole platform in 2000... using the surplus for the tax cuts

Reddit
Old 11-13-2004, 01:24 PM   #20
Regular

^ first part of the above to why Reagan had a deficit
Bringing down communism isnt cheap...

Reddit
Old 11-13-2004, 01:27 PM   #21
Regular

Also Regans deficiet can be summed up in two words

Jimmy Carter

Reddit
Old 11-13-2004, 01:41 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
Oh brother, do you have any clue as to what really goes on in the world. Have you ever heard of the Cold War??? That's what the 70's and 80's were all about. How about the crisis in Iran, or Lybia?? And if you're wanting to talk about bad an economical predisdent, how about our dear ole friend Jimmy Carter. Granted he didn't gain a great economy, but to criticize your opponent for doing a bad job and doing worse it just plain ignorant. Inflation rose from 4.8% to nearly 12% in his 4 years. the only really good thing that comes to mind that Carter did was keeping Three Mile Island from exploding and keeping the american people's faith in the Gov't. Thank God for Ronald Reagan if you ask me. Immediately after taking office the inflation rates slowed down for a few years but dropped sharply in the mid 80's, but good ole Reagan got us through it and with his former Vice Pres. taking the Presidency right after him, the economy boomed and soared to new heights. You may think Bush Sr went back on his words about taxes, and he did I'll admit that cause it's a fact. But it became a fork in the road. Tax and have a better economy, or don't tax and start another recession. And incase you also don't know, War is EXTREMELY good for an economy. It's creates thousands if not millions of jobs, because the Gov't creates the demand for goods. Food, clothes, equipment, and anything else you need to survive. Look how well the economy was when clinton first took office? And look at the end of it?? Now if you want to say Clinton was a good president that's your opinion, but you need to read the facts don't stick with CNN as your source because they're bias to your ways also. Also, instead of listening to what mommy and daddy tell you all the time, learn to use your own mind and develop your own opinions and moral values. I'm sure with them being teachers and all that they thought you to question everything, even them!!

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 02:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
OMG I can't even believe that he is calling Reagan a bad president.
I'm boycotting any thread with an ignorant post from beaner from now on.
'99 Electric Green Cobra, #2517 of 4040 Built on 5/12/99
'00 Lazer Red V6-Gone but not forgotten

Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Member #4121
Mid -Atlantic Cobra Association Member #207
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 02:10 PM   #24
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

besides, why are you bringing up the past beaner?? You weren't even alive then, let alone old enough to understand polotics (well your not now, but thats beside the point) Just drop it man.
Old 11-13-2004, 02:22 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

he brought down communism? and here, I thought I was taught Russia ran out of money If he brought down communism, why don't we see a war other than the Cold War, between the US, and the USSR?... and I'm sorry, but the US being at the maximum debt allowed by Congress is stupid... we're damn close to it now, that article puts it as we're like 3/8 of a trillion away

Old 11-13-2004, 02:27 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

I never said Carter was a good president. And I was taught war is generally good for an economy. This is why the World War helped get us out of the depression. However, we need to call in those debts that England and others owe us. That'd kinda help our current debt situation. I think it's funny how other countries expect immediate payback, even though they currently owe us money. How 'bout we just tell them, now we're even, and be done with it? The Iraq war has been good for the economy? Where? I haven't seen signs of that being the case. I haven't seen signs our ''war'' against Osama has been good for the economy. Something isn't working right. That's all I'm sayin'

Old 11-13-2004, 03:01 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to CakeOrDeath?
Quote:
However, we need to call in those debts that England and others owe us. That'd kinda help our current debt situation. I think it's funny how other countries expect immediate payback, even though they currently owe us money. How 'bout we just tell them, now we're even, and be done with it? The Iraq war has been good for the economy? Where? I haven't seen signs of that being the case. I haven't seen signs our ''war'' against Osama has been good for the economy. Something isn't working right. That's all I'm sayin'
The reason we don't call in those debts is becuase we also owe a lot of countries a lot of money. Also, the trillions of dollars that basically every country in the world owes us from saving their asses at at least one point in time is really good leverage to use as a bargaining chip against them. If we ever made them pay if off, we would lose a lot of leverage in world affairs.

The Iraq was hasn't helped the economy as much a full-fledged world war becasuse, first of all, modern military manufacturing doesn't require as many workers as it did in WWII, and secondly, becuase this isn't a very big war at all, compared to the resources and production involved in any of our previous wars, even compared to Desert Storm/Shield or the Korean conflict.

But, I don't know how you could deny that the War on Terror has been good for the economy when all indicators show that the economy is recovering quite nicely.
CakeOrDeath? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 03:18 PM   #28
Regular

Quote:
he brought down communism? and here, I thought I was taught Russia ran out of money If he brought down communism, why don't we see a war other than the Cold War, between the US, and the USSR?... and I'm sorry, but the US being at the maximum debt allowed by Congress is stupid... we're damn close to it now, that article puts it as we're like 3/8 of a trillion away
So what do you propose Mr. CNN?

Pull out of Iraq, let it a Jr. Saddam take control again
Call off our search for Osama
Raise Taxes
Cut Defense Spending
Where is your buddy Clinton at when you need him

AS far as the bringing down communism remark, I'm not stupid I didnt say Regean did it by himself, his policies sure as hell helped though. The Cold War was a HUGE cause of the Deficit being so high.

As far as you havent seen signs of the economy growing..... why dont you look somewhere else other than CNN? lol because its out there Beaner, I promise
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138397,00.html
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3683270/
and for the last one!!!!
Forecasters again look for strong job growth

Also check this out!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6471517/
^ Finally we are talking about Social Security Reform. Glad we got that republican controlled Congress in there so we can get rid of that money hole

Hey look at this!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6407196/
Man its nice to finally get the tree huggers out of Congress so we can get some real work done

Reddit
Old 11-13-2004, 03:21 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeOrDeath?
The reason we don't call in those debts is becuase we also owe a lot of countries a lot of money. Also, the trillions of dollars that basically every country in the world owes us from saving their asses at at least one point in time is really good leverage to use as a bargaining chip against them. If we ever made them pay if off, we would lose a lot of leverage in world affairs.

The Iraq was hasn't helped the economy as much a full-fledged world war becasuse, first of all, modern military manufacturing doesn't require as many workers as it did in WWII, and secondly, becuase this isn't a very big war at all, compared to the resources and production involved in any of our previous wars, even compared to Desert Storm/Shield or the Korean conflict.

But, I don't know how you could deny that the War on Terror has been good for the economy when all indicators show that the economy is recovering quite nicely.
Exactly, if OIF was as big as WWII then more troops would be deployed, hell only a couple 100,000 troops are there from the U.S and not to mention the Brits and the other countries with there forces and even Iraq has got there small army coming up to par. I think it's funny how civilians that don't take any part in the war on terror think it's SOOOO terrible. And nearly 90% of the miltary personnel think it's a great thing. We want to go over there, and we want to fight this fight. You need to take your head out of the TV and start looking at the big picture for a change. If we didn't go to War with Iraq, we would have twice as many troops over in the desert and france would still be doing the food for oil scandel. In about another year, we can start to pull some of our forces out of Iraq and bring our boys home. I've personally been to the desert 7 times including once for the war. And if you ask me, I'd go back. I'd still be nervous, but it's GOT to get done. You think of it as uncalled for killing, but in reality, it's very called for. You can either have us fight the fight or have your kids fight the fight.

Old 11-13-2004, 03:23 PM   #30
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion
Exactly, if OIF was as big as WWII then more troops would be deployed, hell only a couple 100,000 troops are there from the U.S and not to mention the Brits and the other countries with there forces and even Iraq has got there small army coming up to par. I think it's funny how civilians that don't take any part in the war on terror think it's SOOOO terrible. And nearly 90% of the miltary personnel think it's a great thing. We want to go over there, and we want to fight this fight. You need to take your head out of the TV and start looking at the big picture for a change. If we didn't go to War with Iraq, we would have twice as many troops over in the desert and france would still be doing the food for oil scandel. In about another year, we can start to pull some of our forces out of Iraq and bring our boys home. I've personally been to the desert 7 times including once for the war. And if you ask me, I'd go back. I'd still be nervous, but it's GOT to get done. You think of it as uncalled for killing, but in reality, it's very called for. You can either have us fight the fight or have your kids fight the fight.
:patriot:

Reddit
Old 11-13-2004, 03:24 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
:patriot:
Ya, Doerr in 2024!! :patriot:

Old 11-13-2004, 03:27 PM   #32
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion
Ya, Doerr in 2024!! :patriot:
hahaha Vote Doerr/Wilson lmao

Reddit
Old 11-13-2004, 03:46 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

HOLY FVCK BATMAN, CNN started printing facts.

You, Beandip are a prime example of why liberals shouldn't procreate.

Reagan didn't have a piddling assed little war like the war on terror to fight. He had something called the cold war with a bigger enemy to fight, of course like all liberals your attention span is the only thing shorter than your pecker.

I love how he pulls the classic liberal trick of pulling "facts" outta his @ss, misquotes, misattributes and misidentifies and when he's caught tries pass it off as an oopsie, my bad.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 07:33 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
And Reagan had democrats in congress that were spend happy. It is just sickenning how people spew lies and misrepresentations of his time in office. The economy was booming, He put a stop to the spread of communism and was the primary player in the tearing down of the Berlin wall.

sorry but the words "fact" and "cnn" should never be in the same sentence

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 08:15 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
jimmy stop arguing with them, to them "liberals" are alsways wrong. they cant be helped just leave it alone.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar