major fine, 17's and F&$@*% up DSM - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2004, 03:38 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
major fine, 17's and F&$@*% up DSM

well this has got to be one of the ****tiest days of my life. itll be a long one, but bear with it.

ok so me and my dsm buddies decide we should make it out to the track today, which is about an hour to a hour and a half away(in sacramento). so we take off, and were crusing. and im alone in my car, and my buddy has a passenger. and we come up to a carpool lane that was empty and all the other lanes had traffic moving at 30, so of course he took it and i followed, which was stupid. we were in the lane for a good 20 minutes, and about 1/2 mile before the turnoff for the track guess what. i look to my right and pulled over on the side of the road is a bike cop, just finishing writing someone up. looks up and straight at me, FVCK!!!!. so i hit it hard, flick the switch for full boost and try to make the exit, which was a futile attempt as traffic became heavy and the cop just drove down the side of the road and met up with me. so i pull over. he tells me yadda yadda carpool yadda, i go "but sir, im following these guys to the racetrack and i have no idea where im going, and they took the carpool lane and if i wouldnt i would have lost them." "oh well, thats not my problem, have them split the bill" which is 350.

so im fricking pissed off now, we arrive at the track at about 4:30. get inspected, they tell us that if it gets too foggy they will stop the races and no refunds, no big deal. so i get ready for my first run, its a good 50* outside, cold as hell. as you all know, cold tires = bad traction, but also means more power for us forced induction, as air is denser and has more oxygen in it, making lots more power.

my opponent is a pos honda civic hatch, 93ish. white with black fenders, 2 different types of rims, stupid wannabe hood gangsta kid driver. so we line up, i revv to about 3k and wait till the 2nd light. BANG i drop the clutch and instantly the front end jumps up and down, holy wheelhop batman. i let off a little but no help, so i shift into 2nd to settle her down, and take off. the honda is already a good 4 cars up there(he just casueally left the line). so i hit 2nd which im at like 2000rpm, so basically bogging it, but oh well. after 5k i hit the switch and go from 11psi to 18psi and feel her pull, hit 3rd and follow that out to 6.5k, hit 4th and let off after the line. the honda had won by a good 1/2 a track. so i get my slips. 17 point freaking 1. how fvcking horrible of a track time is that. i then realize that i just gotta creep out of the hole, and not even attempt a launch.

so next race, i creep out. im racing a new WRX. he launches hard and i creep out like a girly man. hit 1st hard after 3k, and little wheelspin. hit 2nd and hit the full boost switch and the boost stays at 11. WTF no pull whatsoever, hit 3rd and it hits 11 then creeps a little to about 15psi. at that time the air was pretty foggy and really dense. i think it was so dense that my pueny turbo couldnt pressurize it. arrive at the slip booth after a 2nd spanking, 17 point freaking 0. holy weaksauce. so i just park in the lot, fk it, im not gonna run anymore just to get 17's in this cold *** weather without launching.

so its about a half hour and they close the track, you couldnt even see the lighter boards at the end anymore, cars would just drive into nothingness it seemed. so we leave, on pulling out of the lot my battery and brake light light up. 2: this cant be good i think. so i call my buddy and tell them to pull over at the next gas station. all my lights start dimming, it was obvious my charging system had failed miserably. upon pulling into the station the car died completely and i had to manhandle it in to a spot. its a NEW FREAKING ALTERNATOR TOO, AND IM 2 HOURS FROM HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!11111. so call up mommy cause by then i was so pissed at everything i had no idea what to do, 100 miles from home, no car, wtf. so she calls a company and says theyll be there in 20 minutes. so 20 minuts goes by, then a hour. then she calls and i tell her nobody is here. so she calls them back and they have no idea about a call to get me, so she tells them yet again where i am and they make yet another dispatch. so a hour goes by, nothing. so i call her up and she calls them and gets the drivers number. he then tells her he was already there and nobody was there. so he tells her he was turning around to come yet again. so we wait, another 30 minutes later, nothing. so i get his number and call him and like "yo dude its been like 3 hours, its freaking cold out here, its hella foggy where the hell are you at?" , <stoned mexican voice>"hey mang, im getting gas and ill be getting on I5 real quick here, like 20 minutes dawg"

20 minutes and nothing. it wasnt until 11:30 he showes up, we had made our first dispatch call at 7:30. not to bag on my latino freinds, but this guy is DEFINATELY bringing you guys down in the gene pool. im parked in a spot right, he goes "hey mang, umm i cant get your car in?"
"why not?"
"cause i cant lift it from behind like that, it has to be going in front"
"well yeah were going to push the car out and onto the road so go forward and park there"

so he pulls up, and we push it out and straighten it up for the ramp. he looks under the car, "umm where do you want me to hook the hooks up to?"
"the frame or the suspension it dont matter"
"oh ok," so he hooks it up to the frame and we pull it up. i tell him "i am driving in my freinds car so follow us, well go slow for you.

so we leave, and take 99 south. on getting on 99 we are doing 55mph, and hes following. he then slows to like 35 and drives like that. i told him my offramp so we take off, hes a dum****. so were doing like 70 and all of a sudden he catches up hella fast, and is like tailgating us. he does the same thing the whole ride home.

so we get home, its 3 bucks a mile, 80 miles, plus 30 to get it on the bed, and AAA pays 80 of it. so like 140 bucks. add the ticket of 350, and whatever it costs now for yet another alternator, and this was a very expensive fvcking day.

im seriously thinking about ridding myself of the eclipse. this isnt the first time nor will it be the last time it has left me stranded in bumfvck nowhere. stock 99+ v6 5spd with black widow 2 kit and cobra R's here i come.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2004, 03:45 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

All that when you could have raced on the streets

least you did it legally.. :p

You could definitely sell the eclipse for a lot though being the turbo'd version of it. But you knew that already. Sorry to hear about the crappy time tho dude

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:01 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

wholesale is still 9500 on it, i bought it for 7500. i could easily fix it and revert it to stock and sell it for 9, payoff the 8k i still have on the loan, sell the crapload of parts and get something else. though ill wake up tomorrow, fix it and love it again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2004, 07:38 AM   #4
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
wow that sucks man...
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 07:52 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
That was a pretty rough day. When I read the thread's title, I thought the car had been wrecked. It could always be worse.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:44 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
you could get a 99 GT for under 10K. Run 14 flat and it will be very dependable

That's my only knock on dsm's, they can go fast, but if they are pushed too hard they break.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:22 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
A bit of hard earned advice.

You say you have a new alternator that crapped out? I assume by new you mean new to the car not brand new never before installed in anything fresh from the manufacturer new.

If it is indeed a parts store reman my advice is to find a good alternator rebuild shop local to you and have them redo it. It has been my experience that parts store remans are a crap shoot, with dice loaded against you and the lifetime warranty actually means you will spend a lifetime replacing it. Heck, if you can get the parts you'd probably be better off doing it yourself.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:14 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
That sucks mang! better luck next time dawg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:27 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Tough break, but if it were me that'd be reason enough to drop the clipse. It's obvious that SOMEONE doesn't want you to have it.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:53 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Mustang.... Mustang.... Mustang.... never had that problem with the Mustang :whistle:

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:20 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah the car was slowly dying if i didnt drive it, so i suspected the alternator, bought a reman one from autozone, which fixed the problem, and its been fine till yesterday. its such a pain in the *** to take out im really dreading doing it again.

and i would love a GT, though insurance would kick my ***. even the 99 up GT's were running **** times last night, the supercharged 5.0 only running 14.1, and even the big block muscle cars running high 13's. the fastest car out there last night was what people were saying a 9 second challenger, who ran 12's. even the corvettes had a hard time getting low 13's. so all in all a bad night for everybody.

so i gotta fix the eclipse, then go from there. if i were to sell it id either need to get a temporary title or have the person who wants to buy it come to the bank with me.

Old 11-18-2004, 04:57 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
ok that sucks. and what does DSM mean???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 05:08 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
181k miles on my 89, drive it almost every day, bring it to the track at least once every other week, usually every week (its about an hour and 15 minutes away) hasn't stranded me once... limped home once, but still got me home.. you should get a mustang why not a v8 though?

/end brag mode

sorry to hear about your day man... yeah, cold weather really screws with how you launch.. especially if you're used to warmer weather.. that ticket is damn expensive, I wouldn't have figured it was that much

any points on that ticket?
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 05:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to NJStang86
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonarcher
ok that sucks. and what does DSM mean???
DSM = Diamond Star Motors

Basically anything made by Mitsubishi
NJStang86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:06 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Some Plymouth cars can basically be called DSMs (tallon, and the dodge stealth)

Wow, that's some crappy times there. Must have been horrible track conditions or absolutely nobody knew how to drive

I think my best 1/4 time would be around a 14.4 or so. I didn't run 13.9 till I had my dr's and gears. (mine is a bit of a dog but not for too much longer )

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 09:28 PM   #16
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
Two nice cars right there. The AWD Tallon and the Dodge Stealth. My friend has a Stealth. R/T version. Very nice.

Why not settle into a new Eclipse bro? You could probally pick up a N/A 3000GT for cheap too.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:08 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
talons were made by eagle. plymouth's was the laser. the laser, talon, and eclipse were all pretty much the same car, with different names.
evilweirdo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:10 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

the 1990-98 eagle talons are considered a dsm
the 1990-99 mitsu eclipse are considered a dsm
the 1990-94 plymouth laser are considered a dsm
stealths and 3kGT are technically DSM cause they were made under the joint venture, but the owners usually dont refer to them as dsm's like us E/L/T owners do.

and once again, the reason you see a eclipse owner on a mustang board is that i love mustangs, always have and always will. just being young the car i want will rape me insurance wise. even if i could get a 99+ GT for around 10k, it would be a while before i got any real mods done to it.

i got a new alt today and will install it tomorrow, and if it runs i might see how i would go about selling it even though i still owe on it.

Old 11-18-2004, 10:14 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

back when i first got my license, i was considering getting a 94 5spd talon for $700. wonder what it would be like now, considering all the money i would've dumped into it... prolly wrapped around a tree somewhere
Old 11-18-2004, 10:37 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Ha...they are pretty stout...my room mate has a 93 i think for sale
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:39 PM   #21
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Ha...they are pretty stout...my room mate has a 93 i think for sale
dude, those suck

WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:39 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ha...you suck lol
Our's:
Old 11-19-2004, 01:41 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

red on black gt

^^^like the outside but riced interior

Old 11-19-2004, 05:50 AM   #24
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
suprised no one mentioned the Starion and Conquest in the DSM list
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 06:01 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
red on black gt

^^^like the outside but riced interior
interior doesnt look too bad.. i kinda like it.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:09 AM   #26
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Its definately not the worst I have seen. I have always loved red on black
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 03:02 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Red on black or vice versa....

I think the interioe looks sweet, if the owner did it himself I give him credit.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:13 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

im prolly not gonna get it, reason being is that i have since put 500 miles on the new alt and nothing has gone bad, and i have no ground leaks mysteriously draining my battery at night anymore. and i have put so much work and moola into the car already, (600 clutch and install, 600 timing belts and install, intake, exhaust, bov, intake pipes, boost controller, gauges, Learning to Fiberglass, headlights, taillights, undercars, RIMS) that i really dont want to start all over again.

im already at a spot where i can either leave it how it is and still spank 95% of the ricers and keep even with a 99+GT from a roll(and no launching cause launching FWD have killed many of my friends trannies, i learn from their mistakes) so anything i do next is the big upgrade and will put me into STi, EVO, 05GT and F-Body territory as far as highway/roll races.

im still keeping a eye out for that elusive stang that will someday become my eleanor, but around here generally people trash their cars and they look like *** and dealers still put fatty markups on them.

Old 11-21-2004, 01:25 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Haha...at least you've thought this through...I'd sell that car and buy a GSX and go ahead and get it out of the way
Our's:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar