Money isnt the problem in Education - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-01-2004, 08:11 PM   #1
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Money isnt the problem in Education

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,140170,00.html
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-01-2004, 08:17 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
good thing that wasn't a thing saying teachers are over paid.... I would've gone off. Umm, yeah, good reason to move to Iowa.... always smart kids comin' out of Iowa ... administrators don't know ***** about education.... just like bosses don't really know what a job is like... until you do something for a living... (and for a decent amount of time) you won't know what it's like. Teachers know what teachers need. School systems need to have a boot put in their ***. The school my parents teach at has an $8 MILLION surplus... and they keep dropping how much they'll pay of their insurance... but giving them pay raises every year like their contract says they have to... however, with the increase in how much they pay for insurance... it's actually a pay cut. My parents have gotten an effective pay cut the last 8 years. Now, ask yourself what the real problem is.... is it the teachers, or is it the administrators? Teachers don't teach for the money, but it does help... they teach because, most of them, love educating. Teachers, for the most part, know how to teach. Why not give more power back to the teachers.
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:27 PM   #3
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
good thing that wasn't a thing saying teachers are over paid.... I would've gone off. Umm, yeah, good reason to move to Iowa.... always smart kids comin' out of Iowa ... administrators don't know ***** about education.... just like bosses don't really know what a job is like... until you do something for a living... (and for a decent amount of time) you won't know what it's like. Teachers know what teachers need. School systems need to have a boot put in their ***. The school my parents teach at has an $8 MILLION surplus... and they keep dropping how much they'll pay of their insurance... but giving them pay raises every year like their contract says they have to... however, with the increase in how much they pay for insurance... it's actually a pay cut. My parents have gotten an effective pay cut the last 8 years. Now, ask yourself what the real problem is.... is it the teachers, or is it the administrators? Teachers don't teach for the money, but it does help... they teach because, most of them, love educating. Teachers, for the most part, know how to teach. Why not give more power back to the teachers.
I'm all for increasing teachers pay. I just went through 4 years of high school and seen the crap they have to put up with. But thats no going to solve the problem, thats just something that needs to be done.

What needs to be done is Parents need to stop being so fing lazy and get off their *** and teach their kid how to respect others and how to respect authority. My age group today needs a wake up call (I got mine) and until that happens you wont see education go no where but down hill. You can throw all the money you want into nicer buildings and whatever else you can think of but if the kids arent taught to respect others then it dont mean ****. As much money as they put into education you shouldnt have to pay, for example, to GRADUATE!!!! Or you shouldnt have to pay to go to a PUBLIC College

There needs to be big reforms and it doesnt start with the president its starts on a local level electing the right people. Mayors, Governors, senators... the closer you get to the problem the easier it is to fix. Passing federal legislation isnt going to do **** because every state is different, has their own problems and needs a different appraoch to fixing them.

It just pisses me off all this politics in the school systems.

The school board members in my city make 100,000 dollars a year!!! and the schools are crap! They dont do their job and we havent seen improvents

My school is so over crowed if something was to happen there I am sure there would be a few people killed trying to get out of the school.

And you wanna know something else. They arent building a new high school.. they are building a WHOLE BUILDING FOR THE 9th GRADE! WTF???? Waste all that money for a building that 2 years from now will be pointless because they WILL HAVE TO BUILD A NEW HIGH SCHOOL.

It just pisses me off at the lack of responsibility in the kids, the people who run the school systems, and even some teachers out there.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-01-2004, 08:40 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
I agree whole-heartedly. I didn't need a wake-up call... my parents took care of that, but they're teachers. I've also seen teachers raise bad kids though... so it's possible. Parents need to stop making excuses for their kids. You are as smart as you are... it's your job to build it. The teacher will give you the information, it's up to you to learn it. Let me beat a dead horse and bring up: "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink". That is an excellent analogy. We can't make kids learn. Kids these days are lazy. We have so much stuff to distract them. I focuses myself so much on high school while I was there, that I lost track of me having a life. And I think that's important really. Why does a high school kid NEED an extremely involved life? All this drama of a girlfriend/boyfriend. My parents told me no dating until I was 16.... I didn't date until 1 month before my 19th. It's been remotely not dramatic also. This crap of "your gf likes _____" is stupid. I've been with my gf for 11 months and 2 days today... with no signs of slowing down. How could I pick so well my first time? Luck you might suggest. No. I could pick so well because I had developed what I thought was important to me. I didn't pick a pretty face. Lucky for me, the girl of my dreams has a pretty face... pretty nice body too ... but we lose focus as a society. We are lazy. We are. No one wants to say it... but we are. Kids are satisfied with C's today, when 20 years ago, many kids would've been bent over and had their *** smacked for A C... singular. My dad remembers his sister getting bent over her dad's knee for a B+... kids aren't driven today like they used to be... I only got one B+... and I wasn't even bent over my dad's knee... but he knew how disappointed I was in that B+ also. I had the flu, took the final, the teacher dropped my grade from a 97%, to an 89%... (I got a 79% on the test)... and I was gone for the next 12 days from school.... with the flu. I know that's an excuse, but it's ok, I accepted what I got on the test, and I accepted the B+... sure, I could've fought it, but I got the grade. I had more grounds to fight that grade than almost any other I've heard. My dad has a kid with a 12% CUMMULATIVE grade this semester, and his mom is asking my dad if he'll pass him. How unfair of my dad to fail him. How completely racist my dad is being by not passing him... "because he's black". Lady shut the F up. Your kid isn't passing because he's never IN class. He's in the bathroom getting high during my dad's class period. He had to break that to her. No one likes to talk about that though. It isn't the boy's fault he's got a 12% grade, it's the teacher's. People need to grow the hell up. Take some responsibility. Be able to say "my bad" when it truly IS "your bad"... that's all for now
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:40 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
I agree but a lot of blame goes to a buch of parents to. I am a PTA volunteer and spend time grading math for teachers and helping less fortunate kids. So many parents dont give a rats *** what goes on in the schools

Teachers are underpaid but I also believe we have settled for sub standard teachers because of the union and the fact the system for hiring public servants is all screwed up. The jobs rarely go to the best qualified but go to the person with the most employment points. Which is based on

1. Military status
2. Gender
3. Race
4. education
5. Experience

The fact is my mother was a english major who tried for years to get a job as a teacher but was turned down because they needed a black. The fact is they let the students suffer with substitute teachers till a black teacher came along to fill the job. Guess what it took 2 years before they found a black teacher for that class. That my friend is one of many problems that are wrong with schools
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:47 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
yeah.... and Corey is pointing out administrators... my high school started hiring people that were completely uncertified to teach.. luckily, uncertified teachers can't really teach Physics and Calculus, lol... so I didn't get them, but I did have to teach things to their classes some times. We, as a nation, need to go back to requiring teachers be certified, and firing school administrators that allow uncertified teachers to teach... and we need to get rid of the damn "color" hiring. That's as racist as hiring all whites... hire the most qualified person regardless of sex, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion... etc. This is education we're talking about here!
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:51 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
yeah.... and Corey is pointing out administrators... my high school started hiring people that were completely uncertified to teach.. luckily, uncertified teachers can't really teach Physics and Calculus, lol... so I didn't get them, but I did have to teach things to their classes some times. We, as a nation, need to go back to requiring teachers be certified, and firing school administrators that allow uncertified teachers to teach... and we need to get rid of the damn "color" hiring. That's as racist as hiring all whites... hire the most qualified person regardless of sex, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion... etc. This is education we're talking about here!
Exactly !!! See I agree with you !!!!
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:54 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
that's about the 3rd time ever..... we're on about what.... 0.045% agreement on posts? haha, glad to see you're on my side "BY GOD"
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:00 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
that's about the 3rd time ever..... we're on about what.... 0.045% agreement on posts? haha, glad to see you're on my side "BY GOD"

Well that is a BY GOD right back at you !!!!
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:03 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
sweet, finally, Corey, on my side.... now what everyone else?
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:04 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
PS, I just proved the Physics book wrong in my gf's Physics class.... and I didn't even touch the book, just did the huge extra credit problem, gave it to her, she gave it to him, and he said "BY GOD... he's right"
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:05 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I'm all for increasing teachers pay. I just went through 4 years of high school and seen the crap they have to put up with. But thats no going to solve the problem, thats just something that needs to be done.

What needs to be done is Parents need to stop being so fing lazy and get off their *** and teach their kid how to respect others and how to respect authority. My age group today needs a wake up call (I got mine) and until that happens you wont see education go no where but down hill. You can throw all the money you want into nicer buildings and whatever else you can think of but if the kids arent taught to respect others then it dont mean ****. As much money as they put into education you shouldnt have to pay, for example, to GRADUATE!!!! Or you shouldnt have to pay to go to a PUBLIC College
There needs to be big reforms and it doesnt start with the president its starts on a local level electing the right people. Mayors, Governors, senators... the closer you get to the problem the easier it is to fix. Passing federal legislation isnt going to do **** because every state is different, has their own problems and needs a different appraoch to fixing them.

It just pisses me off all this politics in the school systems.

The school board members in my city make 100,000 dollars a year!!! and the schools are crap! They dont do their job and we havent seen improvents

My school is so over crowed if something was to happen there I am sure there would be a few people killed trying to get out of the school.

And you wanna know something else. They arent building a new high school.. they are building a WHOLE BUILDING FOR THE 9th GRADE! WTF???? Waste all that money for a building that 2 years from now will be pointless because they WILL HAVE TO BUILD A NEW HIGH SCHOOL.

It just pisses me off at the lack of responsibility in the kids, the people who run the school systems, and even some teachers out there.
Brent your bring up great points. being a 2003 grad from a rather large HS in a upscale part of the state.Kids have no RESPECT!. i have been raised to say please and thankyou 200% of the time. even if i hate the living snot out of the other person, I still have respect. even if I am a outcast, girls "dont like a nice young boy" they grow up and wish they didnt day the bad things. next point, FREE is a great thing, BUT FREE does not mean Free. U mgiht go to school for free, but 100 other kids have to pay 10%+ more a year to go to school. then you have teachers make there money teachin, Teachers are like Firemen, police officers, state or county road crews. Love there Jobs, but get zip for pay. they put up with it 99% of the time cause they LOVE there Jobs, But Free schools = teachers pay cuts, or money from other programs. robing paul to pay john. its not right. 3rd, new Schools, my old school opened there Freshman school, they call it that for now, due to the fact they didnt get all the money to build a 2nd HS due to the state cut the budget for large schools getting money for new students. but they have a plan, 04-06 9th grade, 07-08 9th / 10th. 2009/2010 will be a new HS.
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:12 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
did any one else notice Corey and I agreeing?.. for the second time ever?
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:50 PM   #14
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
the problem with education involves money, but money itself is not the problem.


It's the MISMANAGEMENT of money.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who ever said the V6 isnt a winner bluemustang The Bar 24 12-12-2006 01:00 PM
Whats everyones Education level? SpectorV The Bar 31 05-08-2006 02:51 PM
Hopefully this isnt a repost... wiarumas The Bar 4 04-13-2005 11:14 PM
Education (light Work Warning!) Rick0636 The Bar 9 05-01-2004 12:05 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:16 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.