Steriods in baseball... legislation possible - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2004, 12:17 AM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Steriods in baseball... legislation possible

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,140515,00.html

McCain in 08!

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2004, 12:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
i love baseball after all it is the greatest sport ever. but i hate these ****ers that are ruining the game and giving real players a bad ****ing name, because they dont want to do **** th hard way. now its just " want to hit some home runs?" "sure" " take these pills". guys like jason giambi so be banned from playnig the sport. :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :no: :fu2: :cussing:
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 12:29 AM   #3
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
i love baseball after all it is the greatest sport ever. but i hate these ****ers that are ruining the game and giving real players a bad ****ing name, because they dont want to do **** th hard way. now its just " want to hit some home runs?" "sure" " take these pills". guys like jason giambi so be banned from playnig the sport. :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :no: :fu2: :cussing:
I agree and Barry Bonds should be taken off the books as far as the single season home run record goes and not have any of the homeruns he has hit in the last 3 years credited toward his career total

Reddit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2004, 07:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Maybe of pro sports banned the druggies, criminals and hoodlums it'd rekindle my interest in it. But they won't. As for the feds getting involved with a new law, how about they just prosecute the players for breaking the current laws, oh no, too much money involved.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 01:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
you guys gotta remember that even though a few only admitt it but i bet you more then half of the players have taken a supplement to get themselves bigger. You cant always keep healthy by not taking anything.

I just say who cares let them get huge and lose their nads let them take whatever who cares why should we care. Their getting paid and we are still paying to see them play.

Thats just me now
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:07 PM   #6
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
you guys gotta remember that even though a few only admitt it but i bet you more then half of the players have taken a supplement to get themselves bigger. You cant always keep healthy by not taking anything.

I just say who cares let them get huge and lose their nads let them take whatever who cares why should we care. Their getting paid and we are still paying to see them play.

Thats just me now
Yea who cares if we let morals go down the drain and let people do whatever they want. I mean its all about money isnt it?

Reddit
Old 12-05-2004, 10:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

if we let these ******** take steroids then, the names of the real players will become sordid, people like mickey mantle and babe ruth
Old 12-05-2004, 10:26 PM   #8
Regular

Quote:
if we let these ******** take steroids then, the names of the real players will become sordid, people like mickey mantle and babe ruth
and then all the kids that look up to this idiots will start screwing up their lives and taking steriods

You jsut dont let things like this become acceptable. Good grief

Reddit
Old 12-05-2004, 10:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

thos ****ers should be banned from baseball, i am a huge baseball fan and you dont understand how much **** like this pisses me off
Old 12-05-2004, 10:57 PM   #10
Regular

Quote:
thos ****ers should be banned from baseball, i am a huge baseball fan and you dont understand how much **** like this pisses me off
I was a huge baseball fan until 1) they threatened to strike because they werent getting paid "enough" 2) Its almost impossible to get autographs at baseball games anymore 3) Its all about the fing money now 4) Drugs

Reddit
Old 12-05-2004, 11:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

yeah i will prolly stop watching if this continues
Old 12-05-2004, 11:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I was a huge baseball fan until 1) they threatened to strike because they werent getting paid "enough" 2) Its almost impossible to get autographs at baseball games anymore 3) Its all about the fing money now 4) Drugs
What he said. Actually I quit watching MLB in the early 90's after they did strike for money. But my middle daughter got me to watching MLB again. She loves baseball and we routinely go to the local minor league team's games.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
they werent getting paid "enough"
they werent getting paid enough?!? alex rodriguez makes over 21 million a year, that could probably feed a 3rd world country for a year....
evilweirdo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:48 PM   #14
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilweirdo42
they werent getting paid enough?!? alex rodriguez makes over 21 million a year, that could probably feed a 3rd world country for a year....
Yea no kidding, thats what really disgusted me. They were going to strike baseball for a a whole year over money. Its not about the fans anymore. Thats what I love about Nascar. Its fan oriented. Yea they get paid ****loads of money still but they dont threaten to strike, you dont see them abusing drugs, you can easily get autographs, if you dont believe me you I can get pictures of quilts my aunt makes. My Dad is a HUGE Nascar fan, and has got tons of autographs on little white small fabric squares. My Aunt then took those squares and made a quilt out of them... checkered flag using the white squares in it.

Richard Petty
Dale Earnhardt
Adam Petty
Kyle Petty
Dale Earnhardt Jr
Dale Jarrett
Davey Allison
Bobby Allison
and on and on.. every big names driver you can think of he has got. Its amazing how willing Nascar drivers are to support their fans. Thats why Nascar is the fastest growing sport in America and it isnt going to stop anytime soon

Reddit
Old 12-05-2004, 11:58 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilweirdo42
he is making 25 million a year
Old 12-06-2004, 01:06 AM   #16
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
which is over 21 million...
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:53 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
he is making 25 million a year
Quote:
Originally Posted by espn.com
2004 Salary: $21,726,881
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=5275
evilweirdo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:39 AM   #18
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
God knows how much he makes from endorsements and appearances, etc....
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:41 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I just want the taxes he pays...that would keep me going for a while lol
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:46 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Keep the government out of it darn it. I'm so sick of McCain sticking his nose (and the government) where it doesn't belong

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:48 PM   #21
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
Keep the government out of it darn it. I'm so sick of McCain sticking his nose (and the government) where it doesn't belong
Apparently Baseball isnt doing a damn thing about it, because its been going on for years and years

Reddit
Old 12-06-2004, 01:44 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

i agree thw government should stay out, this is something bud sealig needs to handle on his own
Old 12-06-2004, 01:45 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

then it's about time that baseball does something about it. But there are more important things that government could do... Like getting out of our lives

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
Old 12-06-2004, 01:46 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
then it's about time that baseball does something about it. But there are more important things that government could do... Like getting out of our lives
:yup:
Old 12-06-2004, 01:48 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
:yup:

careful or you will start to sound like a conservative

-Adolf Hitler, 1935
Old 12-06-2004, 01:57 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
careful or you will start to sound like a conservative
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old 12-06-2004, 02:01 PM   #27
Regular

Quote:
Bud Selig is an idiot

I don't see baseball doing anything about this. Bonds will still have his one year record for homeruns, continue to chase Hank Aaron down and baseball will still be going down the drain for years to come

Reddit
Old 12-06-2004, 02:09 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

bus selig need to do something, not mckain
Old 12-06-2004, 02:15 PM   #29
Regular

Quote:
bus selig need to do something, not mckain
lol yes he does, never said he didnt need to. However you can say it to your blue in the face but Selig won't do anything.

Reddit
Old 12-06-2004, 02:45 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea who cares if we let morals go down the drain and let people do whatever they want. I mean its all about money isnt it?
wow morals are gonna go down the sh*tter because some guys who take some nad shrinker has a better bat speed to hit a stupid small object. come on now. if thats a moral killer then what you consider the fight that broke out in the NBA? genecide? Seriously now. Baseball rating our down. Most of you have proven that by stating you barely watch the game to begin with.

And yes it is all about the money. These average size guys are now becoming monsters who cares its there bodies and guess what we still gonna pay to see them play. and thats a fact.

I like to edit minus hockey cause look where hockey is at now. Nowhere.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:19 PM   #31
Regular

Quote:
wow morals are gonna go down the sh*tter because some guys who take some nad shrinker has a better bat speed to hit a stupid small object. come on now. if thats a moral killer then what you consider the fight that broke out in the NBA? genecide? Seriously now. Baseball rating our down. Most of you have proven that by stating you barely watch the game to begin with.

And yes it is all about the money. These average size guys are now becoming monsters who cares its there bodies and guess what we still gonna pay to see them play. and thats a fact.

Steriods have killed people alright, if we allow the biggest stars in baseball to continue using these illegal drugs we are sending a message to kids saying its ok to do this.

Its not ok and I'm fing sick of this countries attitude that if it doesnt affect me I dont care. Its not right and it should not be alloweed or praised.

Good grief

Reddit
Old 12-06-2004, 05:20 PM   #32
Regular

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,140553,00.html new article

Reddit
Old 12-06-2004, 05:38 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

remember when that oriels picher beckler i believe his name was died because of steroids.
and yes morals do go down the drain, roger maris had his home run record without cheating and now he is forgotten because barry bonds, takes steroids and shattred his record
Old 12-06-2004, 05:39 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

you are obiously not a big baseball fan
Old 12-06-2004, 05:48 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Steriods have killed people alright, if we allow the biggest stars in baseball to continue using these illegal drugs we are sending a message to kids saying its ok to do this.

Its not ok and I'm fing sick of this countries attitude that if it doesnt affect me I dont care. Its not right and it should not be alloweed or praised.

Good grief
Thing is you guys dont get is that steriods have been in use for ever long. If morals are seriously being effected why havent they been effected since Arnold Sch. was first time Mr. Universe.

Steriods is just one of those things that people do that are into a sport of sorts from weight lifting baseball wrestling and the list goes on and on.

Kids are gonna do drugs whether its influenced or not. Steriods isnt one of those recreation drugs its a enhancer. Which in ways doesnt even compare to that of pot or coke. I dont see steriods as a big issue. **** i even bet a guy whos been on that **** for 11 years and without that he wouldnt have gotten his sponsor and an agent to further his carrer.

Another thing you CANT NOT in anyway shape or form compare the stars of yester-year to those today. Why cause there was NO enhancers back in the days of Ruth - Ryans and so forth. Today theres plenty of safe legal enhancers that many many stars use today.

And yes I AM a baseball fan.

BTW whats consider worse for moral...Bonds use of steriods to further his carrer or Bush a former coke addict who just wanted to party hearty and looks where hes at. (btw this is just an example)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar