dimebag darrel - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2004, 06:20 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

dimebag darrel

was shot and killed at his concert in columbus yesterday. some guy just jumped on stage and started plugging people... killed 4, injured 2 before the police shot him. he was a ****ing legend.
evilweirdo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2004, 07:21 AM   #2
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
i saw that **** on fox news man...

sucks...

one of the original members of Pantera. Witnesses said it looked like the shooter had a grudge against him, shot him multiple times.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:11 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
who?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2004, 08:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01
I'm bummed. It's official blast Pantera day. Everyone blast Pantera as loud as you can today.
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:06 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
wow, that's too bad, DD played some pretty sweet stuff..

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:27 PM   #6
I liek gramer
Legacy

he was one of the best guitarists out in metal. He's been around for a while too. He had his own line of guitars too, I almost bought one.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
he was one of the best guitarists out in metal. He's been around for a while too. He had his own line of guitars too, I almost bought one.
too bad u didnt, it will prolly be a collectors item someday now. but i dont kno who he is ( i dont listen to metal) so i dont feel so bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
I think thats the first thing I gotta agree with you with.

Dimebag was a damn damn good guitarist for the metal world. His riffs were like no other.
As for the guy who did teh shooting. Sources are saying that he was yelling something along the lines that he was blaming Dimebag for the reasoning on Pantera breaking up. Thats crock. Im just glad that cop took that guy out before things got worse

RIP Dimebag this spliffs for you
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
i have no idea who this guy is
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Old 12-09-2004, 02:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Old 12-09-2004, 02:45 PM   #12
I liek gramer
Legacy

i think one of the worst parts about it is his brother was the dummer for DamagePlan, the band that was playing at the time.

His own brother had to watch him be shot to death...
Old 12-09-2004, 03:04 PM   #13

RIP, one of my fav bands from the 90's
Steeda Sport Springs 1.5" drop
4.10 Rear End w/Auto
MagnaPack Cat-Back
MMR Annihilator Intake Kit
SCT Xcalibrator Tuned/Dyno
My Car Domain Web Page
2005RedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 03:11 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
he was one of the best guitarists out in metal.
i'd go as far to say he was one of the best guitarists in the world... kinda wish the guy who shot him wasnt killed by the cops... what id do for 5 minutes alone with him
Old 12-09-2004, 03:12 PM   #15
I liek gramer
Legacy

what i bet his brother would do for 5 minutes with him. I hope he got five minutes before the cops got there.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

just got a call from Joe Stampley (remember him?) He talked with Vinnie this morning. Vinnie said a guy jumped on stage and shouted "You broke up Pantera" then grabbed Darrel in a head lock and shot him five times in the back of the head before grabbing another person from the audience. Vinnie said he started to jump over the drum set to tackle the guy but a roadie got to him first and a cop fired a shotgun at the gunman's head killing him.

Vinnie also said he thinks it was a former band member from Louisiana but he wasn't sure. Pantera went through several incarnations before they found the right group of people.

Obviously this has shaken the whole family up a bit. They lost their mom six weeks after being diagnosed with cancer four years ago and now they lost Darrel. Vinnie said he will never perform on stage again.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:02 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Aren't they supposed to check for weapons when you go into a concert? They'll take away your cameras, but I guess they forgot to ALSO check for guns.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:12 PM   #18
I liek gramer
Legacy

you can sneak a gun in anywhere if you want.

still sucks man. Vinnie is a good drummer too. So the music world loses 2 musicians.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:03 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
ok help me understand this, a rendom guy jumped out of now where and started shooting people. he shot Dime and then killed 3 other ppl in the crowd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:18 PM   #20
I liek gramer
Legacy

it looks like he was either a former member of Pantera or a big fan of them, and blamed Dimebag Darrel for the breakup.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:31 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
any updates on who the shooter was?
Old 12-09-2004, 09:42 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Dimebag Darrell, guitarist for Damageplan and Pantera, was killed during a shooting spree at a Columbus, Ohio, nightclub Wednesday night. He was 38.

Darrell, real name Darrell Abbott, was among the five people killed during the incident. Also

Click here to find out more!

dead are the gunman, 25-year-old Nathan Gale of nearby Marysville, Ohio; Damageplan bodyguard Jeff Thompson, 40; fan Nathan Bray, 23; and Erin Halk, 29, who worked at the club. Gale also wounded three people.

Damageplan had just begun their first song in front of approximately 250 people at Alrosa Villa when the gunman jumped onstage, made a comment about Pantera, and began firing at close range into Darrell's body, shooting him several times before opening fire on the crowd (see " 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott: A Larger-Than-Life Guitarist And Human Being").

A patrol officer nearby, James Niggemeyer, heard the call of shots fired at 10:18 p.m. and by 10:20 p.m. had snuck inside the club through a back door, according to public information officer Sergeant Brent Mull. After entering, Niggemeyer, who had no backup, confronted the gunman onstage, where he observed one victim and Gale holding a hostage by the neck.

"The officer was able to strategically gun this guy down before he was able to kill his hostage, and it appeared that he was about to kill his hostage," Mull said at a press conference Thursday (December 9). "The suspect had the hostage in a headlock situation and had his firearm out shooting, and it's believed he was about to take his gun to the hostage."

But the hostage wriggled out of the way slightly, Mull said, and the officer was able to kill the shooter with a single shotgun blast as the hostage escaped uninjured. Police said Gale, whose arrest record lists him as 6 feet 3 inches tall and 225 pounds, used a Beretta 9 mm semiautomatic handgun and reloaded once during the shooting. Gale's prior arrests were all nonviolent, and included driving with a suspended license and trespassing.

The names of the three wounded victims have not yet been released, but the club's manager told the Dispatch that one of them was a security guard who had tried to wrestle the attacker's gun away.

"If the officer hadn't acted when he did and how he did, we'd probably be looking at more dead, because this guy was actively shooting," Mull said. Following the incident, police took more than 200 patrons onto three city-donated buses, where they were interviewed by some 60 police detectives.

"The ones that were inside and witnessed this ran for their lives and were in fear for their lives," Mull said. "They are victims too, and we want to take care of them."

In 911 tapes released Thursday, one caller tells the operator, "There's been a shooting! Somebody's shooting! He's shooting the band, oh sh--, he's still shooting!" Another is heard frantically telling the 911 operator, "We need to get out, we need to get out! I can't, I can't get out."

One concertgoer, his jeans torn and soaked with blood, told CNN he jumped onstage and attempted to give Darrell CPR before paramedics arrived.

Police have interviewed friends and relatives of the shooter, attempting to establish a motive for his actions. "We may never know the motive for this," Mull said, "unless he left a note somewhere else."

One eyewitness, 37-year-old food vendor Medhat Mokhtar, told MTV News that he saw Gale lingering outside the club prior to Damageplan's set. Gale paced near Mokhtar's food cart and only entered the club when Damageplan's performance began. Shortly thereafter, Mokhtar noticed concertgoers fleeing the club and screaming, and the vendor headed inside to see what the disturbance was. He said he then made his way to the stage where a crowd had gathered around the wounded Darrell. "I tried to push them away, but people loved him too much. The people were kissing his hands and his feet and trying to give him CPR," Mokhtar said.

Searching Gale's residence is the next step of the investigation, as is analyzing amateur video footage taken of the incident, which homicide investigators are looking at now, Mull said. The venue had no surveillance footage. Mull also said he had been told there was no metal detector at the club, though he could not confirm that at press time and a club spokesperson could not be reached.

As word of Dimebag's death rippled through the metal community, the news was met with shock and sadness (see "Ozzy, Dave Mustaine, Jonathan Davis Remember Dimebag Darrell").

"I'm speechless," former Rob Zombie/ Ozzy Osbourne bassist Rob Blasko Nicholson said. "This is totally unreal. Dimebag is a f---ing legend and this is total bullsh--."

(Click for photos of Dimebag Darrell in concert through the years.)

"This is insane and this is beyond travesty," Killswitch Engage frontman and former Damageplan tour partner Howard Jones said. "This is beyond anything I've ever heard. This shouldn't happen in or outside of the rock and metal community. He will be missed and mourned as a person, as a musician, and as a friend."

"Let's for a second forget that I even knew him, [and focus on] just the fact that this was allowed to happen," Slipknot singer Corey Taylor said. "If somebody can jump onstage with a gun and shoot one of the most influential guitarists of my generation, what's next? If this is allowed to happen, what the hell? What does that say? Just that somebody would think this was a good idea in his own insane world, what does that say about where we're at right now? It's definitely given me pause. I'm an entertainer as well as a musician, so I have to look at this and think not only has one of my really good friends died, but what if that had been me?"

Damageplan also features Dimebag's brother, former Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul; singer Patrick Lachman and bassist Bob Zilla.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar