Jury suggests DEATH for Peterson - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-13-2004, 06:32 PM   #1
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Jury suggests DEATH for Peterson

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,141341,00.html

I personally think that's what should have happened.

Judge won't sentence till February, and rumors are even if given the death penalty, Peterson won't be executed until he is in his 50's.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2004, 06:37 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I never thought he would have been given the death penalty based on Circumstantal (sp?) eviedence

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to NJStang86
This case will be used as a reference when the time comes for a ban on abortion...

I just hope they realize how important this case/decision is, not just for the obvious reasons (murder case), but for the precedence it will show in the future.
NJStang86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2004, 07:16 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
i think its good, im not an over all death penalty person but i think Peterson had this one coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:23 PM   #5
I liek gramer
Legacy

they said he showed NO remorse at the sentencing. No emotion at all.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

good. let the bastard rot in hell
evilweirdo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:18 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
they said he showed NO remorse at the sentencing. No emotion at all.
well he did kill her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:21 PM   #8
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonarcher
well he did kill her.
Yea but being told your being sentenced to death isnt exactly something a person hears everyday

Reddit
Old 12-13-2004, 08:22 PM   #9
Regular

Persoanlly I cant believe he got the death penatly. I'm sure he did it but they had a horrible case put together based on very limited evidence.

Just find that really weird

Reddit
Old 12-13-2004, 08:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

thats just what the jury recommeded. judge still has to approve.
evilweirdo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:51 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJStang86
This case will be used as a reference when the time comes for a ban on abortion...
i was just about to post why did he go down for double murder if some dumb ***** that got knocked up can legally kill her baby?
Old 12-13-2004, 08:54 PM   #12
Regular

and so starts the flaming......

Reddit
Old 12-13-2004, 08:57 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

sorry, i got in a big argument with this hippy liberal girl at school today on this topic.

edit: and by "hippy liberal" i dont mean she has liberal political views i mean she is a f**king whore that openly mocks me for believing in God and will argue with me over anything just for the sake of arguing.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:34 AM   #14
I liek gramer
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilweirdo42
thats just what the jury recommeded. judge still has to approve.
Quote:
Judge won't sentence till February, and rumors are even if given the death penalty, Peterson won't be executed until he is in his 50's.
I think I covered that in the first post.

And Jimmy, kick that girl in the balls.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:55 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to 04MonteSS
Quote:
That doesnt make sence to me, you'd think that when someone kills another person and knows what he/she did was wrong, you would think that they would be put to death sooner and not wait.
Maybe we should do what the Russians used to do, if you killed someone and you were in jail for it. They would kill you in your cell without you knowing when it would happen. The justice system is just so confusing for me.
Michael Moore and I actually have a lot in common - we both appreciate living in a country where there's free expression, but Michael, if you ever show up at my front door with a camera - I'll kill you.
04MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:28 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

I heard from this chick that there wasn't enough evidence to really sentence him like that. I mean, look at the evidence the OJ Trial had and he got off free.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 02:49 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
the death penalty in this case goes to show just how much the system is fvcked. in no way should circumstantial evidence lead to the death sentence. i guess nowadays all is needed to kill somebody is a whole lot of media attention.

dont get me wrong, he did do it and he should die for it, but he should also have a real trial, not some botched thing that has no real evidence to support. from day 1 the media pointed towards peterson. had the evidence been in his favor nobody would have believed it anyways.

i dont even see why this case is even worth of media attention. there are alot more sick cases out there about killers with no remorse killing 10 people at a time, why is 1 guy that killed his wife while she was pregnant such a big deal?

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 03:19 AM   #18
I liek gramer
Legacy

Peterson did it to himself.

Look at how he acted. There's the whole issue with the vigil for Laci and Scott, instead of attending and even acting like he cared, stayed at home, and called, guess who? His mistress that Amber Frye chick.

He tried to flee the country with the XX dollars that his mom gave him.

He tried to conceal his identity, with colored hair, etc.

He ****ed himself over. Everybody knows he did it. He knows he did it. He just won't come out and say it yet. While he is in prison for waaaaaaay too many years, maybe he will own up to it. But not now, not while he thinks he might have a chance to get away with it.

I've followed this case, through several different outlets, not just fox, or cnn. Maybe the media appeared slanted, but Peterson ****ed himself. All the media did was bring to light his half-assed attempts at avoiding judgment.

He got what he deserved.

I just wish that they would kill him sooner. IMO, the justice system is screwed up. I wouldn't go so far as to advocate what 98Monte brought up, but they should kill those who have received the death penalty sooner. I see absolutely no reason why convicted murderers should chill in prison for xx years, when all they have coming is an injection, or gas, or whatever. They should be done, at most, within a month, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:03 AM   #19

Send a message via MSN to trinity Send a message via Yahoo to trinity
I think he got what he deserved. If several of the jurors said that they went at the process thinking that he was innocent and after looking at all the circumstantial evidence they concluded that there was no way that he didn't do it... that is good enough for me. I would never want to be a juror in a case like this so I will just trust their judgment. However, I don't believe that he should have been charged for double murder but that is just me. I am worried about the precedent that will set. Don't flame me but that is my belief.

Plus since he showed no emotion... that speaks volumes for me. I mean if you were just sentenced to death for a crime you really didn't commit would you just sit there and do nothing... I would be pissed or crying or... something. I don't know. I just wouldn't sit there and show no emotion!
trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:05 AM   #20
I liek gramer
Legacy

I agree with Trinity. I don't think it should have been double murder either. It really was a huge precendent, and I wonder if the jurors realized that before they came up with a verdict.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:18 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
I dont believe he should of been charged with double murder either, alot of people will argue when the baby is 1st conceived its alive and a person and other say when its born. I tend to side with those who say its actually "alive" after its born. just be beliefs flame if u like I dont care.

i think they need to bring back the fireing squad and lynching, the good ol days of executions when the whole town could come and watch.

or when they guilty verdict is read just shoot em where they sit in the courtroom, and skip going to jail
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:50 AM   #22
I liek gramer
Legacy

that would make more sense than feeding and entertaining them for on average 30+ years, then killing them.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:12 PM   #23

Quote:
that would make more sense than feeding and entertaining them for on average 30+ years, then killing them.
The liberal in me wants to disagree because she is whispering "what if they are innocent?" but in Scott's case I'd say shoot him now. I don't want him sitting in a nice little jail cell enjoying free cable. I think it is disgusting that he would kill his pregnant wife.

Shoot 'em! :ar15:
Old 12-14-2004, 12:25 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Well heres my 2 cents. I totally agree the double murder is a crock of poop as someone else mentioned why is it legal for a woman to kill her baby (abortion) and not get charged with anything as its still not born. Compared to Petersons case. He should just be charged with Laci and thats it. But gotta love this hypocrite America sometimes.

Isnt Peterson and his family some rich big shots from cali? thats prolly why its so hyped up in the media. Rich White Good Looking guy up for trial. Perfect for the media. When the rich goes bad. thats all it is.

As for the death penatly as everyone mentions our judicial system isnt as messed up as you guys are thinking it is. Got to remember something that huge is an automatic appeal from the lawyers no matter what. Thats why cases live out so long perfect example would be Charles Manson sentenced to death and that mofo is still alive..why cause his laywers are still trying to find a way to get charles out of his death sentence buying him his years in jail. Which i totally see happening to Peterson.

I agree as others do that if your given the death pentaly then off you go. WHy buy time I mean you do have those cases where there are some innocent ones but that ratio compared to those who are flat out guilty isnt even comparable. Def go back to the old days where within days of setencing your done no questions asked but this America isnt the same America from the back in day sadly enough.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:37 PM   #25
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
id rather have him die than pay for him to sit in prison forever

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:42 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

the judge should make him wear a shirt that says "your tax dollars at work" when hes in prison
Old 12-14-2004, 01:03 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Well, many death row inmates have been exonerated after spending decades in prison, and everybody was sure they had done it. Our legal system is the way it is for a reason. Everybody has rights, even criminals. Yes, many guilty people go free, but that only happens when the prosecution, or in like in O.J's case, the police do not do their job like they are supposed to. the Legal system puts the burden of proof on the prosecution, to avoid innocent people from being convicted. Unfortunatelly, like everything else in the world,the system is not perfect. Someone here said: "people get killed everyday,why is it such a big deal when a pregnant lady gets killed". Actually its a big deal when anybody gets murdered, unfortunatelly the media will grab a case like this one and milk it dry. Peterson was convicted by the media even before the trial started. I cannot say I know for sure whether he did it or not. only he, Lacy, and God know. But if he did kill his wife an unborn child he deserves what is coming to him.
When my wife was pregnant I would talk and sing to my unborn child. I felt...I knew there was another human being growing inside of her. I can not understand how some of you can say that the killing of a fetus should not be considered murder.
I hope this sets a precedent, and I know I have said in the past that I support a woman's right to chose, well I don't anymore, I now have insight. It is a child for God's sake!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:06 PM   #28
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
well said!!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
the judge should make him wear a shirt that says "your tax dollars at work" when hes in prison
Nice!
Old 12-14-2004, 02:29 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
I hope this sets a precedent, and I know I have said in the past that I support a woman's right to chose, well I don't anymore, I now have insight. It is a child for God's sake!!!
w3rd, killing babies is bad!!!
Old 12-14-2004, 02:43 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
I can not understand how some of you can say that the killing of a fetus should not be considered murder.
No what I and some others are saying is how can one be convicted of a crime (killing of a fetus thats if it were even a fetus by the time of death) when for women who choose to have an abortion is the exact same thing. They are killing a fetus themselves. I mean I could see it in the way that Peterson forced death upon both but to be convicted of a death of a life thats not even born is ridiclous.

But other then that I agree with what ya got to say man. Its just horrid what people do. Sad Sick little world we live in.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 02:47 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
...to be convicted of a death of a life thats not even born is ridiclous.
Live starts at conception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 03:03 PM   #33
I liek gramer
Legacy

the abortion issue is only going to cause a flame war.

I just think it's a stupid double standard. Whether you are pro life or pro choice, it doesn't matter. Abortions are legal, but killing a pregnant woman will get you double murder. It doesn't make sense and is a double standard of the worst kind.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:05 PM   #34
Regular

Well first off Laci Petersons son was so far along had she wanted to have a abortion it would have fallen under partial birth abortion which is illegal I believe she was something like 7 months along at the time she was killed.

Reddit
Old 12-14-2004, 03:08 PM   #35
Regular

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...AG018PO0T1.DTL correction 8 months along at the time of murder

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar