street racing - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: is street racing ok
yes 15 42.86%
no 20 57.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-21-2004, 10:16 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
I've done some street racing. None in the T/A, but the old grey car saw quite a few red-light shoot outs. Even some everybody gets together and goes out to some way-out road and people flag the races street racing.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2004, 10:29 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
what i meant by street racing is like stop light to stop light
or cruising with some friends and you go up to some high speeds on the freeway
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 10:40 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
street racing here in Indiana vs say cali or FL are 90% diffrent. here they get killed. the tracks are safe, go there. if your at a stop light and no one is around then maybe once or 2 times i might do it, but i am also a EVOC driver, and race karts on the side, but it is illegal imo dont do it. not worth it. I have seen kids dead because they are stupid. " Reckless Driving: Misdemeanor ''11-909 & 17-101(a)
Sanction:
Criminal:
Imprisonment (Term): 1st Offense-5 days to 90 days 2nd or Subsequent Offense-10 days to 6
months '11-909(b)
of Imprisonment: None3
Fine ($ Range): 1st Offense-$25 to $500 2nd or Subsequent Offense-$50 to $500 '11-
909(b)
Mandatory Minimum Fine: None3
Administrative Licensing Actions:
Type of Licensing Action
(Susp/Rev): Suspension via the point system '6-207(a)(3) & (b)
Length of Term of License
Withdrawal Action: Not more than 1 year '6-212(a)
Mandatory Term of License
Withdrawal Action: Possible under a point system
Other: The court may order an offender to complete a course in driver
improvement. '17-103(a)(3)" (NHTSA http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/inju...1/uvcspeep.pdf)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2004, 10:48 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
what i meant by street racing is like stop light to stop light
or cruising with some friends and you go up to some high speeds on the freeway
I dont even consider that street racing. Thats just cat and mouse bs.

To me street racing is you go meet somewhere at 9 pm gather the troops figure out whos throwing down money on whom or whatever what not. Go to the "track" run down your races and then go back to the spot and see who wants a part of whom. To me thats street racing.

Light to light can only be taken so far. I personally dont do light to light cause of the possiblities that can happen this is for day light time when the sun goes down and its entering mid eveving anything goes.

I dont race in traffic and those that do are the ones that give street racing the bad name. I prefer the first method I talked about cause well been doing that for 3 years now I prefer getting my need for speed on the street cause A. I dont have to drive 2 hours (about to be 6 since local track is now closing) to get a few runs in. B. I dont have to pay money to race instead you make it (if you have a fast enough car) C. no cage no limitations full blown balls to the wall racing

Then again I dont race with any 15 second rice boys and btw in the 3 years I been street racing theres only been one death and thats cause some dumb biker was messing around and he fudged up and broke his neck from doing an endo. Other then that nothing serious.

Street Racing is not a Crime :patriot:
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 11:54 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude

and if some kid is walking in the middle of a 6 lane street at 2 in the morning, it should be the parents who get busted for not watching their kids. and seriously what mom is driving her minivan with a baby at 2 in the morning, put that kid to bed.
you're kidding, right?

so, if a guy wakes up at 2 am with a sore throaght and a cough and he gets hit by street racers while walking to the drug store across the road, it's his fault?

or when a child has a 104 degree fever at 3 am and a mother gets hit buy a guy street racing while driving her kid to the hospital it's her fault too?

or when i'm coming home from work at 1 am and my truck gets slammed into racer, it's my fault as well?
Old 12-21-2004, 11:55 PM   #41
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
you're kidding, right?

so, if a guy wakes up at 2 am with a sore throaght and a cough and he gets hit by street racers while walking to the drug store across the road, it's his fault?

or when a child has a 104 degree fever at 3 am and a mother gets hit buy a guy street racing while driving her kid to the hospital it's her fault too?

or when i'm coming home from work at 1 am and my truck gets slammed into racer, it's my fault as well?
Exactly

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 11:59 PM   #42
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
my friend ran over a motorcycles fuel cell after the dude hit a truck in front of him (the motorcyle guy)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 04:41 AM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
so basically you guys have never had the need to smoke the person next to you? isnt that the whole reason for modding a car to smear someone when theyre not expecting it?

organized streetracing is the bad one. get 1000 immature kids with 400 crappy imports who all think theyre better than everyone else, and you get fights, stabbings, shootings, stolen cars, etc. all in one night. and i have seen this and i will never go again. compared to how many times someone races at a stoplight and how many people get in a accident its like the chance of crashing in a airline.

mabye its just my city. after all, we do have McHenry, the street that "american Graffitti" was based on(george lucas grew up in modesto, duh), so everyone knows mchenry is the place to be at weekends if you have a fast car. people from sac to fresno will converge on this street on a good weekend. and the ricers all pack up and leave to go to "the runs" by 11 so the stupid immature punks are gone by then, all thats left is the hicks in the trucks, a few hoes, and alotta mustangs and fbodies, and me(the undergog). this is one of them streets where you cant park on the side, and each stop is a light(coincidence?) this street was CREATED for stoplight races, the intervals between each are almost perfect for some 2-3 gear rolls.

Quote:

1. look both ways before crossing, learnt that when i was 3. and usually you can tell when 2 cars are racing, unless they have really quiet mufflers.
2. unless the punk ricers are daring enough to actually run stoplights(which none have the balls to do thank god)
3. if a ricer slams into youre truck, sucks to be them, more than likely theyll suffer alot more than you will.

i cant go to the track, theres 3 things working against me.
1. its 2 hours away, i have a dsm, the possibilities of getting stranded are too high a risk, besides, once it happens to you you will never want to go back either(dam alt).
2. i am convertible, i might get 1 run in before they tell me to leave.
3. i am fwd+turbo. if you have ever tried to race a fwd with more power than a honda from a dig, you will feel my pain. its basically not gonna happen.

so by those factors i am basically tuning my car for street/highway monster. if "the track" meant so much to me ida got a gsx/awd.

i know theres alot more people with fast cars who have them for the single reason of owning people on the streets on these forums that need to vote like its bush vs kerry again.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 12:21 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
so basically you guys have never had the need to smoke the person next to you? isnt that the whole reason for modding a car to smear someone when theyre not expecting it?
no. in fact, 2 nights ago, some guy in a suburban tried to race me, so i slowed down to 30 and let him fly by me like a dumbass.

Quote:
organized streetracing is the bad one. get 1000 immature kids with 400 crappy imports who all think theyre better than everyone else, and you get fights, stabbings, shootings, stolen cars, etc. all in one night. and i have seen this and i will never go again. compared to how many times someone races at a stoplight and how many people get in a accident its like the chance of crashing in a airline.
you keep saying this, but it's not true. ive been to the organized races in san antonio. organized street races are still stupid, but i honestly think they're much safer then racing from lights on busy streets.

Quote:
1. look both ways before crossing, learnt that when i was 3. and usually you can tell when 2 cars are racing, unless they have really quiet mufflers.
and when 2 cars are traveling at 90+ mph on a curvy road, it may not be that simple.

Quote:
2. unless the punk ricers are daring enough to actually run stoplights(which none have the balls to do thank god)
thats how almost all the street racing accidents are caused down here. i mentioned that 3 teens were killed last friday - they tried to run a stoplight.

Quote:
3. if a ricer slams into youre truck, sucks to be them, more than likely theyll suffer alot more than you will.
no, it sucks to be me. i sure as hell don't wanna get in a wreck because some little punk didn't want to go to the track.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:26 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Save it all for the track. Whenever I go to the track, it makes me street race less. Road coarse races are the best way to lose the urge to street race. It is so much fun. You get outta the car & your whole body is shaking especially your clutch foot.
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 01:29 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
no, it sucks to be me. i sure as hell don't wanna get in a wreck because some little punk didn't want to go to the track.
Not everyone is fortunate to have a track near by us. The nearest track near me is LVD which is a smig over 2 hours away. This week it was annouced that a new owner is taking over and is closing down the place which makes the next nearest place over 4 hours away.

I personally dont ever wanna drive my car over 2 hours distance esp that im s/c-ed. and 4 hours ha wouldnt even attempt it.

Last time I went to the track it cost me 40 bucks and I got in a measely two runs. Thats not worth it.

Im all for the organized street racing. Thing is most of you keep forgetting theres a differ between a bunch of rice boys going to the racing spot where there usually is some sort of flow of traffic near by racing in one single lane compared to those who go to a meet spot set up the races then venture off to a nice safe location where theres 2 lanes you go race then go back to the spot where you were at. and do it all over again. now thats ORGANIZED street racing

But no matter what people are always gonna think street racing is a big no no and or not a big issue. Street racing is a past time and will continue no matter what
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 08:58 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
im actually amazed by this thread

the steriotypical mustang guy is all for street racing, rev's at everything, races everything, bla bla bla

i for one, dont have a problem racing someone every so often, but if i feel it to be unsafe, i wont do it, no matter how much i want to

ive only darted through traffic playing cat and mouse once, it was a lot of fun, but i saw how close i was cutting it, and decided to stop
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 09:07 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

no i personally dont think its ok but i will admit i do race but never above 80 and usually just to the speed limit. In SA we have a track that you can pay 15 and get all the runs in that you can and guess what theres no tickets either.

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar