In today's world of technology, the English language is taking a real beating. Between cell phone text messages and Internet forums, blogs and comment boards, the ability to write coherent, readable sentences seems to be a lost art. Now it seems as though punctuation marks are used more often for emoticons than they are sentence structure.
Some blame the new trend on the fast paced lives we lead. After all, who has time to hit the period key? Others blame it on the difficulty to type on today's keyboards. Hitting a button can be a very difficult and stressful experience. This is especially true, if you're keyboard has spikes on it. Finally, some studies have shown that an individual's use of proper grammar on the Internet is directly related to the individual's IQ. That's right. It very well could be the result of sheer stupidity.
But is this a bad thing? Many people feel it is not. So, today we are weighing the pros and cons of using proper grammar on the Internet. Let's get started!
1) You don't look like a dumb ****
2) People can understand what the **** you are trying to say
3) Your fingers get more exercise from typing all the extra keys
4) Feeling of pride that comes with typing that period when you know you just completed a valid sentence
5) Makes you feel like the 6 years of elementary school you had was not a total waste
1) Punctuation takes up extra ones and zeroes on a server somewhere that could probably be better used for fat midget porn
2) Requires you to actually have a working knowledge of the English language
3) Hot chicks who "can't read good" have a hard time connecting with you
4) You spend more time forming sentences and less time jacking off to fat midget porn
5) If any of the punctuation keys on you're keyboard get stuck: You're ****ed.
As you can see, both sides clearly have valid arguments. However, at the end of the day, if you type an entire paragraph without using a period, chances are good that you simply are a ****ing idiot.