I'm about to do something STUPID! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-28-2003, 05:21 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
I'm about to do something STUPID!

Actually, I still cant believe that I'm going to still go through with it. Let me give you a little background before I tell you what I'm about to do.

My Senior year, I met this girl in my Choir Class (Yes I took Choir, and went on to professional Choir for 2 years afterwards). Her name is Samantha, and she was a Freshamn. Anyway, we hook up for about a year and a half, and when I was half way through my first year of college, she and I parted ways... for the 4th time.

Shortly afterwards, I move to New Mexico.

I come back for a visit, and I just wanted to see her. So I did... and ended up moving back to California.. mostly for her, but also because of the better jobs.

We get back together July 4th 2002. And actually sleep together for the first time a week after we were back together... yes, we waited long enough. We actually started talking about marrage 3 years earlier, and we were actually thinking about just running off and doing it.

But she turned into a total nut case (she was treating me like ####) and I dumped her 3 months later. I don't need another nut in my life. I promised myself that it would be the last time I was with her. We were together on and off for 5 years.

Now for the present situation:

She emailed me Yesterday, and as I'm wiring a responce, she call my cell phone. We talk for about an hour, and I told her I would see her sometime this week.

I just got back from seenig her at her work. And damn it, we're going to go see a movie tonight!!! Grrrrrrrr. What really pisses me off, is that I feel/know that I still love her. Is this the girl that just wont get out of my heart?! I mean what the hell? Are all the relationships I've been in since her gone to hell because my subconcious was telling me to compare every other girl to Samantha? This will be our 7th time getting back together if the cards are delt the way I think they are.

I've only really loved 3 women in my life. Nikki (my best female friend of 7 years), Nikkee (a girl who I rarly talk about anymore), and Samantha.

I saw her today, and all I wanted to do was to hold her for as long as we've been apart. But she stayed behind the desk... which was probably a good idea anyway.

But I promised myself that the last time was deffinatally the last time... and here I am kicking myself in the *** for folding on that.

Love does some f*ed up stuff... I swear.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2003, 05:26 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

balls to the wall man. you can doo eeeeeeettt!!
Old 07-28-2003, 05:30 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

If I were in the right frame of mind, I could probably understand that post Brandon... regretfully, I'm not in the right state of mind at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2003, 05:43 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

just go for it. if you still have feelings for her, then tell her.

if she becomes a nut again, then tell her to see someone cause you care for her and think she needs help. love is a #####, but can be better when you know the feeling is mutual
Old 07-28-2003, 05:51 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to MusclesFromBrussels
dude u know im goin thru the same situation right now right???
MusclesFromBrussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 05:52 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Thats the thing, I've always had feelings for her, and she knows that. Just as I know that she's always wanted my last name. I guess I'll just have to tell her what's up. Even when I broke up with her, It tore me apart because I KNEW I still loved her. I guess I'll see what happens tonight. The movie doesnt start till 7:00, so I'll probably end up talking to her till the movie starts. Last time we were in that situation... we ended up getting back together.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:52 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
dude u know im goin thru the same situation right now right???
I do now.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:16 PM   #8
Road Trip!

all i gotta say was she spent the night last night and it was a pretty intense night i had to work this morning and im runnin on about 3 hours of sleep. So far its goin good but every day with her makes me more and more attatched i can feel it.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:29 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

I've been on and off with this girl for damn near six years now!!!
Old 07-28-2003, 06:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to .:DarkEntity:.
Choir?!
.:DarkEntity:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 06:36 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:DarkEntity:.
Choir?!
Yes Choir. And beleive it or not, People say I actually have a good voice. I better have a good one too... I've only been singing for about 8 years, professionally and as a hobby with my old garage bands.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

All I have to say is follow your heart, but be real and tell her exactly what your afraid of you never know she may have the same fears.......... But be honest as you can...............

4 Sale: 62 MGA soft top convertable
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 07:46 PM   #13
Road Trip!

ive been on and off for 3 and a half years
Old 07-28-2003, 09:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to el cheapo
hey dont let him mess with you. im in a collage acapella group. and we rock. so eat it!

dude. It is natural to be attracted to people who you have been with before. She is going through the same thing you are. But if you keep it up you are just going to repeat the same cycle.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:13 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Keep us posted on what goes on tonight.

Red, White, and Blue --- The Colors that Hold True

Previous Car: '01 Silver Vert V6 with MAC Cat-Back Dual Exhaust, CAI, 17x9 Chrome Cobra Rs, Billet Grill with Pony Insert

What Ford Needs to make the Next Gen SVT Cobra look like!
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1251...avatar_gmg.jpg
Stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 01:32 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
relik,

i would post a lot about this, because i have gone through situations vaguely similar to yours, but i won't, because it will bore both you and me.

basically, do what your heart tells you. i'm a passionate person so it comes easy. if you are both getting back together a lot, it may mean something. unelss you both have serious dependency problems, which i doubt, you have a deep attachment that may need a new outlook on. there is a reason why people keep coming in contact like that, and it's called love.

as far as "advice", since you inferred you want some, or at least want to hear our opinions, i would say just play it by ear. meaning, go with your gut. she must be a special girl. i hope things turn out for the best and if you'd like, feel free to update me /us in a few weeks. good luck, girls can be a bear to sort out at times.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 05:22 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to .:DarkEntity:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:DarkEntity:.
Choir?!
Yes Choir. And beleive it or not, People say I actually have a good voice. I better have a good one too... I've only been singing for about 8 years, professionally and as a hobby with my old garage bands.
At least it's not band...
.:DarkEntity:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 10:23 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well, what a great night this turned out to be. One of those "Bitter-sweet" nights. Samantha and I talked it over, talked a lot about what happened last time, and came to an agreement. If we were ever to get back together, that we would both try to work it out while still being together. But yeah, we went out to dinner and then to go see a movie (Pirates of the Caribbian). And with only being with her for an hour, I realized that I couldn't stay away from her.

So yeah, we're back together as of last night. I had forgotten how good of a kisser I trained her to be .

Another plus... would be that I got my FordChip in the mail . Watch out Stang01, I will beat you at the track.

So I bet you're wondering... what was the bitter part of the night?

That happened when I got home and started talking to a particular good friend of mine. I've only known this guy for about a year, but we had become pretty close friends.

Anyway, Last weekend he go hang out with this chick he knows and wants to hook up with pretty bad. And I cant blame him... she's hot as hell. Anyway we go clubbin, and he basically says, "Tonight could be the last night I can be with her, so just stay back Evin. Let me do my thing." We were supposed to meet up with a few other female friends there, but they never showed up. So it's just me, him and the chick. The music starts and she starts dancing with me instead of him.

Now... I'm the driver, and I'm only there with 2 other people. What the hell was I supposed to do? Go find a chair somewhere out of sight and disappear? Hell there was probably 500 other people at this club. The chances of finding 2 out of 500 are pretty slim. Was I supposed to just stand there and be no fun at all? Honestly, I dont know what the hell I was supposed to do given the circumstances. SO I did what I thought would be alright. I danced. And no, I wasn't about to go dance with the guy.

Anyway, we end up leaving at about 1230, and I get to drive both of them home. After dropping her off, he and I start talking about how she didnt sdance with him at all and what not... but nothign about me dancing with her. And we kinda bonded a little.

So 2 days later, last night, he calls me a 2 faced, back stabbing mutherf*r. And basically told me to go f*k a tree stump. I tried to explain it to him, but hell, he wan't even in the right mind to hear what I was saying. So He's yelling at me, I'm trying to calm him down, but it just didnt work. He basically told me to f* off, eat ####, and die for taking the one last chance he had with this girl.

Now by this time, I'm feeling like ####. This isn't what I wanted. Hell, I consider this one of my good friends. Now, he f*ing slams the door in my face last night as I'm talkign to him, and I had to write him an email instead. He may want to drop me, but damn it, I dont want to loose this friendship!

Any advice on that? BTW, thanks for all the advice on the Samantha ordeal. I did what you guys advised and what I was going to do anyway. I listened to my heart. But as for the tornup friendship... My heart tells me to fight like a bastard... but I dont know how to.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:35 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 98VroomVroom
You could try to set him and that chick back up..if that is possible?
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
" my useless aftermarket 10" tach is off and my clutch is going out and my vtec controller broke and my Nos floormats were ripped off and my powered by honda seatbelt covers were cutting off circulation to my shifter arm".
98VroomVroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 10:36 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

At this point, That is so out of the question it's not even funny. But you're right, it is always an option.

I dont give up easily (at all) on friendships like this.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:38 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

He grunts you grunt he punches you in the arm you punch him in the arm..give each other a high five and let it be what it is..?
" my useless aftermarket 10" tach is off and my clutch is going out and my vtec controller broke and my Nos floormats were ripped off and my powered by honda seatbelt covers were cutting off circulation to my shifter arm".
Old 07-29-2003, 10:46 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

It could be that it's still too fresh in his mind. I was actually debating on just driving over there, saying "Get it out of your system, send me to the f*ing hospital, and lets get past this". But I'm afraid he would kill me in the process.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:53 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

You cant fight? Must be the years ya spent in chior..anyways..I been in plenty of fights..I gotta bad temper..but yeah..perhaps he isnt mad at you..he is mad at the girl and he cant take it out on her so he takes it out on you because you were the only other one there..perhaps he will come to his sences..just kill em with kindness.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:03 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Trust me, I dont like to physically fight, but I will if I have to. I will talk my way out of most physical confrontations. I was implying to let the guy get his agressions out on me, then call it even after I get out of hte ICU. This guy is about the same size I am... but I'm sure he's quicker.

But I just want the guy to know that I still consider him a friend... even though he would probably like to see me rot in hell at this particular moment.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:13 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
if you honestly did not approach the girl, and she still went for you, tell him he needs to grow up and realize that you aren't out to ruin his life. that's why you were friends with him. immature punk azzes like that don't deserve a real friendship.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 11:18 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

The thing is, I specifically told him to make a move. And he didnt want to make it just yet. ####, I know how much she meant to him. I wouldnt do anything like that on purpose! I just wish he would understand that.

I dont know who's being immature... myself for being a backstabbing mofo. Him, for taking every bit of anger he has out on me. Or her for playing us both the way she did. We're all probably being stupid.. but hte fact remains... no one is talking to eachother.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:55 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

As for samantha.....she only wants you for you 99+ CAI conversion.
But seriously major props for gettin with her agian.

With the friend...give it time. Friendships cannot be forced together after they are torn, it will take time for that little hurt to heal. Now, im not saying avoid him for the next 2 years. I am, however, saying that maybe he needs to do his own thing for a couple weeks, let the anger die down. By then, he may even have another chick, who knows? just my .02
Sil\/erSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 03:13 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Everyone wants me because of the 99+ CAI Conversion. I have people on 3.8 still asking me about it. (thats why I linked our article in my signature over there). Thanks man.

As for the friend. Like I said before, I would usually walk away from it and move on... but this guy is too good of a friend to just drop like that. Time may heal all wounds... but time never heals scars. I havn't spoken to him today, but, I'll try again to talk to him.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:33 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

[Time may heal all wounds... but time never heals scars]

thats what the neosporin is for...

but seriously tho, do what you think is right.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:36 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

What would you do?
Old 07-29-2003, 03:46 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Lay low and when he's ready he'll come back you've left the door open for him and now it's up to him to walk through it, My husband and his best friend go through this every so often and they just give each other a few weeks and they are friends again...

4 Sale: 62 MGA soft top convertable
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 04:31 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

give it a week or two and call him. his anger wont last long, and hell find someone else.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:04 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Another plus... would be that I got my FordChip in the mail . Watch out Stang01, I will beat you at the track.
Well, i'm a little wierded out that your thinking about me when you are with this chick. I still think i will own you at the track. As for your friend, give him some time to cool off and then tell him that there are others girls out there, take him to the club again and he might find one. Never know.

Red, White, and Blue --- The Colors that Hold True

Previous Car: '01 Silver Vert V6 with MAC Cat-Back Dual Exhaust, CAI, 17x9 Chrome Cobra Rs, Billet Grill with Pony Insert

What Ford Needs to make the Next Gen SVT Cobra look like!
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1251...avatar_gmg.jpg
Stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 06:11 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Well, i'm a little wierded out that your thinking about me when you are with this chick. I still think i will own you at the track.
I got my chip when I got home... after I was with my chick!!! It was sitting on my bed in it's packaging . and you will NOT own me on the track. you'll own my exhaust

I guess I'll give the friend some time. Maybe... in time, he'll forgive me and talk to me again.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:50 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Dude it is not your fault. He likes her more than she liked him. she used a well used chick trick""Evade and Confuse"". She avoided him that whole night HUMMMM!!. She blew him off without even saying a word and she used you to do it and in the confusion your friend blames you HUMMM!!!! she played you good. Why is he mad at you and not her HUMMM!!!!. Evin you need to sit down with this guy and talked to him. Tell him this Chick used you to ditch him and she aint worth it and that you both need to just forget about the dumb chick ( not saying this to make the girls mad but Kristy will tell you what I say is true)

But I speak the truth buddy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar