Decision time..opinions? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Decision time..opinions?

I have been throwing this around for a while now so here it is. My Stang needs/is going to need some work and I don't really have the time or garage space to do it myself, nor the crazy amount of cash I would need for a shop to do it. Sooo I can either get a motorcycle and ride it most of the time and let the Stang sit. Or I can get rid of the car and get something else. I hate to say it but I would be looking at like a Honda, Acura, or a Toyota most likely...something that gets better than 14 mpg and doesn't break every 3 months. I would keep it stock as I am tired of driving a modded car everyday, I need something reliable. A bike is much cheaper than a car price, insurance, and registration wise, that's why I narrowed it down to the options here. To make this even tougher, my stang is paid off (FINALLY!) so I really don't know what to do. Any opinions!?

95 GT- Sold
09 Hyundai Elantra Touring-new ride.
Looking for the next project car now
Scut95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Decision time..opinions?

I think you'd regret getting rid of the stang after driving the honda/acura/toyota for a while.

If you get the bike, you can still drive the stang around when you want, reducing drive time and the chance of something breaking. I've been to Huntington Beach a few times, it seems pretty decent out there most of the time, a bike doesn't sound too bad.

Plus, the mustang is paid off! No hurtin if it sits, and you can slowly do things to it as you want. Mine has been paid off for a year and it is so nice to just shell out money for insurance.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
I think you'd regret getting rid of the stang after driving the honda/acura/toyota for a while.

If you get the bike, you can still drive the stang around when you want, reducing drive time and the chance of something breaking. I've been to Huntington Beach a few times, it seems pretty decent out there most of the time, a bike doesn't sound too bad.

Plus, the mustang is paid off! No hurtin if it sits, and you can slowly do things to it as you want. Mine has been paid off for a year and it is so nice to just shell out money for insurance.
x2 dont get rid of a paid off car. I regret that mistake every day. My old 96 gt I had was paid off and I decided it was a good idea to trade it off.....not. Just buy you a cheap commuter car. If you gonna spend say 5k on a bike just find you a cheap honda or something for a dd for that price. Then you can drive it no matter what the weather is.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058

im with them, i wouldn't get rid of my gt... its not even paid off yet though but my other dd is, and i don't want to get rid of it ever. just curious though, what type if price would you pin on it? i wouldn't want to see you sell it for a import, but if your going to sell it, i'm kinda close

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

I would probably get a car that's a few years old so I can atleast have less to pay off if I did get a car. I love my car so it would be hard to part with my Stang. I could ride the bike almost all year round which would be nice.

Quote:
im with them, i wouldn't get rid of my gt... its not even paid off yet though but my other dd is, and i don't want to get rid of it ever. just curious though, what type if price would you pin on it? i wouldn't want to see you sell it for a import, but if your going to sell it, i'm kinda close
Haha, well I would have to look into a price to put on her. It defiantely would be a fair price so If I decide to let her go, I'll keep you in mind. I would rather a fellow enthusiast had the car than some random person.

95 GT- Sold
Old 04-22-2009, 01:19 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scut95 View Post
Haha, well I would have to look into a price to put on her. It defiantely would be a fair price so If I decide to let her go, I'll keep you in mind. I would rather a fellow enthusiast had the car than some random person.
i was mostly joking, i would love another stang, but i gotta pay this one off and i think the next one is going to be a slightly newer one, keep us posted though, id rather it go to an enthusiast as well, no since in some 16 year old punk wrapping it around a tree.

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Exclamation Re: Decision time..opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scut95 View Post
I would probably get a car that's a few years old so I can atleast have less to pay off if I did get a car. I love my car so it would be hard to part with my Stang. I could ride the bike almost all year round which would be nice.

Haha, well I would have to look into a price to put on her. It definitely would be a fair price so If I decide to let her go, I'll keep you in mind. I would rather a fellow enthusiast had the car than some random person.
What kind of maintenance have you done to it? you should get way more mpg with that one... actually that's what I get on the city and I have 20's and I always drive fast..
BigDaddys Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Sell it and buy a Honda
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
What kind of maintenance have you done to it? you should get way more mpg with that one... actually that's what I get on the city and I have 20's and I always drive fast..
I do all the regular maintenance on the car. You take care of your car and it will take care of you. The car is older so it will not get as good of mileage as a new stang, I have 3.73 gears which is a minimal affect. The main reason I get such poor mileage is because of my rear tires. With the stocks on, I got 16-17 around town. I have a set of 315/35/17s on so I get 14-15 mpg. It also doesn't help that my commute is almost all side streets. I'm on the freeway for 3 minutes.

95 GT- Sold
Old 04-24-2009, 01:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Ah okay... I see now
BigDaddys Stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation