Under God!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-06-2005, 08:45 PM   #36
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
lol you act like the north doesnt have any religous people living in it or that all of Los Angles is Atheist or whatever

Use common sense

Look at the Gay Marriage deal in the 2004 Elections

Put down by the "religous right"

Oh well I use common sense to answer questions like this and I research things fully. I look at patterns and I watch people. I'm very observant and I make my decisions based on this

You make your decisions based on what?
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-06-2005, 08:46 PM   #37
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
yeah i know but put every athiest in this country together it is also a very big group. imo religion in general is dying
and the country is going down the drain

Isn't that Ironic... don't you think?
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:48 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
lol you act like the north doesnt have any religous people living in it or that all of Los Angles is Atheist or whatever

Use common sense

Look at the Gay Marriage deal in the 2004 Elections

Put down by the "religous right"

Oh well I use common sense to answer questions like this and I research things fully. I look at patterns and I watch people. I'm very observant and I make my decisions based on this

You make your decisions based on what?
I wasent claiming that atheist were in any way a majority, was I? No. im just saying we are a big group, bigger than most may think, yes i know religion exist other places than just the south, and i knwo that there are athiest in the south aswell.
gay marriges were put down by many people that are not religious because of homophobia not for any religious reason. aswell as by religious people.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-06-2005, 08:53 PM   #39
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
lol homophobia

How about people that think two guys and two girl marrying iss a bad idea?

I'm not scared of gays

I don't approve of them being married

God there is a label for everything in this country

Congrats you don't believe n a God, here is your cookie. The majority of America does. The majority of America lives their lives according to principles set up by religion, whether they believe ina god or not they believe in those principles.

look I'm tired of arguing with you over what would happen if this and that and this happened or if we had a election.

I don't post **** unless I am pretty sure I know what I am talking about. And I'm pretty damn sure the Majority of America doesn't want a 229 Year tradition to be taken away because a few (compared to the majority) get offended by it
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:59 PM   #40
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Here you go

Facts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	religionpoint.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	476.8 KB
ID:	5369  
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:03 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
lol homophobia

How about people that think two guys and two girl marrying iss a bad idea?

I'm not scared of gays

I don't approve of them being married
in my opinion it is a phobia, people are scared that there "christian morals" will go down the drain if gays are legally married.

Quote:
God there is a label for everything in this country
and it shouldnt be because not every one in this country believes in any god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
The majority of America lives their lives according to principles set up by religion, whether they believe ina god or not they believe in those principles.
there is no way to prove that


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I don't post **** unless I am pretty sure I know what I am talking about. And I'm pretty damn sure the Majority of America doesn't want a 229 Year tradition to be taken away because a few (compared to the majority) get offended by it
there is still no way for u to prove that.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:04 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
KyleUSAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Georgia
Posts: 802
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
why are some people sooo concerned about what the founding fathers wanted for this country and then they want to negelct their religeon and devotion to God....
Our nation is not completely a nation under God but we need to be :patriot:
under God is what we need
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF
Our nation is not completely a nation under God but we need to be :patriot:
under God is what we need
no we dont we need to be under god, its ridiculous he doesent exist.
look im not gonna get struck by lightning **** god!
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
232stang01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 284
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01
:topicsuck :lame: :topicsuck



:thanks:
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
see im still alive
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:09 PM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
in my opinion it is a phobia, people are scared that there "christian morals" will go down the drain if gays are legally married.
am i "smokaphobic" if i thinking smoking is a bad idea? no. should I be labelled a homophobe if i think gay marriage is a bad idea? no, it has nothing to do with religion
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:11 PM   #47
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
in my opinion it is a phobia, people are scared that there "christian morals" will go down the drain if gays are legally married.


and it shouldnt be because not every one in this country believes in any god.


there is no way to prove that




there is still no way for u to prove that.
umm I just proved it bud

Look at the stats I just posted

Whats wrong with Morales? Even Christian Morales? Good Grief, you don't get it. tell me whats wrong with them? Thats beside the point anyway

I just proved that the majority of America is religous and common sense (which is gone in this country) says that if there was a vote we would keep One Nation Under God

Stop making things so damn difficult.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:12 PM   #48
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
am i "smokaphobic" if i thinking smoking is a bad idea? no. should I be labelled a homophobe if i think gay marriage is a bad idea? no, it has nothing to do with religion
Exactly

It's stupid
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:14 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
KyleUSAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Georgia
Posts: 802
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
232, do you believe Jesus existed?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:19 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF
232, do you believe Jesus existed?
yes i believe some psycho that said he was the son of god existed, but he was just that some psycho and people believed him.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:20 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
umm I just proved it bud

Look at the stats I just posted

Whats wrong with Morales? Even Christian Morales? Good Grief, you don't get it. tell me whats wrong with them? Thats beside the point anyway

I just proved that the majority of America is religous and common sense (which is gone in this country) says that if there was a vote we would keep One Nation Under God

Stop making things so damn difficult.
what stats did you post? nm i just saw it, its as biased as micheal moore most likely
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:22 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
232stang01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 284
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01
heh, anyone ever seen 'The Life of Brian'? Good movie. It will answer all of the questions posted here.
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:23 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
has anyone ever seen the pasion of the christ, its a fictional story.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:23 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
uhh im being ganged up on. this sucks, if only there were more people that werent from the south.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:26 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
KyleUSAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Georgia
Posts: 802
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
yes i believe some psycho that said he was the son of god existed, but he was just that some psycho and people believed him.
have you ever been around a psycho person, really? Anyone who has been around someone who really is crazy knows that, you don't want to be around a crazy person very long...I'm not trying to force my religeon on you, just want to have a friendly debate...

yet, Jesus had many followers and crowds gathered around him all the time to listen to what he had to say...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:27 PM   #56
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Man through all this mess my main point was lost

There are muchy more things in this country that need to be fixed than some damn four words that some atheist doesnt want to hear

Get ove it and lets fix the real problems

Things tie together in this country whether you want to accept them or not

Drugs, Violence, Hate, there is no respect anymore for anyones life and property. Everyone cares about themselves

I don't care if your a atheist or not hat dont matter to me thats your choice. What matters to me is how you treat people. Respect goes along way in life. Being kind and giving go along way.

Stop thinking about yourself for a damn minute and realize there are people in this country that need help and are worse off than you.

150,000+ people just lost their lives and you have people like Chirac boasting about how they are the leading donator in the world.

It's a disgrace.

People are to greedy.

Help a kid read in this country, be someones role model, get a persons life back on track

If this country doesnt start coming together then we will fall to the ground

I'm just sick of all this bull**** whining going on in this country, sick of the far left liberals in this country.

Sick of Michael Moore

He doesnt give a damn about this country. He is after the money. **** you Michael Moore and **** you everyone else on the left and the right that won't put aside politics and work together

Always trying to bring someone down.

All you people whine about Iraq, but had we not gone over there things would have gotten worse and more people would have lost their lives than at any point during the war

So **** you all who are to lazy to help a person out, to selfish to thank of anyone else but yourself

You are the reason this country sucks as bad as it does today.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #57
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
uhh im being ganged up on. this sucks, if only there were more people that werent from the south.
stop saying stupid **** like that ok, there are just as many ignorant people living in Alabama as anywhere else

:thumbsdow
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:29 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF
have you ever been around a psycho person, really? Anyone who has been around someone who really is crazy knows that, you don't want to be around a crazy person very long...I'm not trying to force my religeon on you, just want to have a friendly debate...

yet, Jesus had many followers and crowds gathered around him all the time to listen to what he had to say...
he has many supporters because for 2000 years people have been cramming religion down their kids throat.
and about the friendly debate things its cool, im not angry or anything, just tired of talking about this all day.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:30 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
stop saying stupid **** like that ok, there are just as many ignorant people living in Alabama as anywhere else

:thumbsdow
im not calling anyone ignorant, just saying that most of the southern folks support religion, and most of you guys are southern causing me to have to debate with more people not just one.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:36 PM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
KyleUSAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Georgia
Posts: 802
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
he has many supporters because for 2000 years people have been cramming religion down their kids throat.
and about the friendly debate things its cool, im not angry or anything, just tired of talking about this all day.
he had MANY followers when he was alive! not 2000 years later, religeon has not been shuved down my throat btw
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:51 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF
he had MANY followers when he was alive! not 2000 years later, religeon has not been shuved down my throat btw
yes and at the time he was alive he had very few supporters, people wanted him killed. i know that many parent shove religion down kids throat, i was one of them, but some people gain interest in religion by their own will
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:00 PM   #62
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
blah blah blah

Debating religion is pointless

Everyone has their set ways, it takes alot to change someones views

Now back to my post about the things that can be fixes in this country.....
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:05 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
232stang01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 284
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01
You guys will have to realize that you'll never agree on the subject of religion. Agreeing to disagree would be the best solution.

Something that may have been overlooked here...

When you get right down to it, it's not a matter of who or what you worship, or if you worship anything at all. The point is that with all good religion (and there are plenty of them out there, none any better than the other) the point of it all is to give a model, an example of the way to live a good life. Some people don't really fell that they need religion to live that way.

The important thing is that you live a good life, and strive to be a good person. That's the goal of religion.

I don't see anything wrong with god being in things. But I can understand why someone would be. Those who aren't christian tend to feel preasured and discounted by those who are cristian. I bet it'd bother cristians if "In Bhuda we trust" was on their currency, wouldn't it?

There are, however, many other things that outweigh the pettyness of religious bickering. Tsunamis, terrorists, education, AIDS, and all kinds of things I won't mention.

I mean really, If you don't like god in the pledge, don't say god when you say the pledge. It's all gonna be ok people, I promise.
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:14 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
timpryor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 676
232stang ponder this for a moment.
Okay we all know jesus existed right there is fact in that then more than just the bible. Okay now imagine just for a moment that he DIDN'T say he was the son of God. Even you have to admit that his moral teachings did more good than they did harm.

okay new thing I'm a Non-denominational(sp) Christian which means i interperate the bible as I read it. Now 232 take into consideration this even the bible admits that salvation can't forced down your throat you have to accept it.

To sum it up you have the choice to accept God or not to accept God that is your choice and your choice alone to make.

not to mention if "Under God" hasn't destroyed our country after this long chances are its not going to.
__________________
"The LORD shall judge the people:judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me." PSALM 7:8

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang01
You guys will have to realize that you'll never agree on the subject of religion. Agreeing to disagree would be the best solution.

Something that may have been overlooked here...

When you get right down to it, it's not a matter of who or what you worship, or if you worship anything at all. The point is that with all good religion (and there are plenty of them out there, none any better than the other) the point of it all is to give a model, an example of the way to live a good life. Some people don't really fell that they need religion to live that way.

The important thing is that you live a good life, and strive to be a good person. That's the goal of religion.

I don't see anything wrong with god being in things. But I can understand why someone would be. Those who aren't christian tend to feel preasured and discounted by those who are cristian. I bet it'd bother cristians if "In Bhuda we trust" was on their currency, wouldn't it?

There are, however, many other things that outweigh the pettyness of religious bickering. Tsunamis, terrorists, education, AIDS, and all kinds of things I won't mention.

I mean really, If you don't like god in the pledge, don't say god when you say the pledge. It's all gonna be ok people, I promise.


i agree with you pretty much on everything. yeah there are many more things to worry about than this, but it was just the topic of the thread.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:20 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
timpryor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 676
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang01
You guys will have to realize that you'll never agree on the subject of religion. Agreeing to disagree would be the best solution.

Something that may have been overlooked here...

When you get right down to it, it's not a matter of who or what you worship, or if you worship anything at all. The point is that with all good religion (and there are plenty of them out there, none any better than the other) the point of it all is to give a model, an example of the way to live a good life. Some people don't really fell that they need religion to live that way.

The important thing is that you live a good life, and strive to be a good person. That's the goal of religion.

I don't see anything wrong with god being in things. But I can understand why someone would be. Those who aren't christian tend to feel preasured and discounted by those who are cristian. I bet it'd bother cristians if "In Bhuda we trust" was on their currency, wouldn't it?

There are, however, many other things that outweigh the pettyness of religious bickering. Tsunamis, terrorists, education, AIDS, and all kinds of things I won't mention.

I mean really, If you don't like god in the pledge, don't say god when you say the pledge. It's all gonna be ok people, I promise.
:thumbs2: This guy is right

and as a christian if i were in a country that was PRIMARILY buddist it wouldn't bother me since i know the country was founded on those values.
__________________
"The LORD shall judge the people:judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me." PSALM 7:8

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:30 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor
232stang ponder this for a moment.
Okay we all know jesus existed right there is fact in that then more than just the bible. Okay now imagine just for a moment that he DIDN'T say he was the son of God. Even you have to admit that his moral teachings did more good than they did harm.

okay new thing I'm a Non-denominational(sp) Christian which means i interperate the bible as I read it. Now 232 take into consideration this even the bible admits that salvation can't forced down your throat you have to accept it.

To sum it up you have the choice to accept God or not to accept God that is your choice and your choice alone to make.

not to mention if "Under God" hasn't destroyed our country after this long chances are its not going to.
i dont think christian morals helped at all, except to start stuff like homophobia, because god thought it was wrong.
and some kids just accept god because the parents teach them that god is allmighty and he should be worshipped since an age where they are very gullible.
i agree under god will not destroy the country, but some people dont want to hear it because it is against their beliefs
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:32 PM   #68
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang01
You guys will have to realize that you'll never agree on the subject of religion. Agreeing to disagree would be the best solution.

Something that may have been overlooked here...

When you get right down to it, it's not a matter of who or what you worship, or if you worship anything at all. The point is that with all good religion (and there are plenty of them out there, none any better than the other) the point of it all is to give a model, an example of the way to live a good life. Some people don't really fell that they need religion to live that way.

The important thing is that you live a good life, and strive to be a good person. That's the goal of religion.

I don't see anything wrong with god being in things. But I can understand why someone would be. Those who aren't christian tend to feel preasured and discounted by those who are cristian. I bet it'd bother cristians if "In Bhuda we trust" was on their currency, wouldn't it?

There are, however, many other things that outweigh the pettyness of religious bickering. Tsunamis, terrorists, education, AIDS, and all kinds of things I won't mention.

I mean really, If you don't like god in the pledge, don't say god when you say the pledge. It's all gonna be ok people, I promise.
God man you said everything I have been saying this whole time in one post

Good job

Thats what I was trying to get to
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:33 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
232stang01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 284
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01
heh, leave it to the pagans...
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:37 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
eh lets just agree to disagree. you will never change my views i will never change your. the beef has been squashed yo.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BY GOD! Talk with God! post your conversation! SpectorV The Bar 20 04-12-2006 12:42 PM
God Save The Queen By God Danger Dude The Bar 0 06-12-2005 11:13 AM
Oh my god. Dom Mustang Audio & Video 10 01-31-2004 01:59 AM
My God what a Sub! Brent Mustang Audio & Video 16 12-22-2003 05:32 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:51 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.