Incompetent people that work @ Autozone. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2003, 01:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to slow232 Send a message via Yahoo to slow232
Incompetent people that work @ Autozone.

I go in yesterday looking for the top radiator hose to finish up my swap...I tell him i need a 99 upper radiator hose,He looks it up and walks to the back and brings back the lower hose and not the upper.I looked at him and told him that was the lower and not the upper.He looks at me like i'm crazy,He tells me they're both the same.So i say #### it and take it home,Well guess what it isn't long enough nor is it the right size.I take it back and tell him it was the lower like i had said,He then get's a little ticked off and grabs the hose off my hands.I told him to calm down!! he said "come here I'll show you what the computer says" So he looks it up again and he's right the computer does say they're the same.So i guess if the computer says both are the same then the computer must be right since computers are never wrong.I get my money back and walk out and go to the local mustang salvage yard and get the right hose.

The end.
slow232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2003, 02:06 PM   #2
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
You moron.. If the computer says it's the same, it's the same

WTF do you know about engines. The computer told you it was the right hose. If you couldn't get it to fit because you're an idiot, that isn't the clerks fault. Damn it, the computer said it was the same!

Apparently you tried to install it backwards or inside out, because we all know computers are always right. And minimum wage earning clerks know everything about computers and can definately read really good.

I can't believe the jackass was pissed at you for knowing there was a difference but taking his word, and then returning the POS because you were right to begin with!

Man I really really hate Autozone, with the exception of the one here in Nashua. There's a young kid that works there with a Fox that he just ripped the 302 out of. Going with the 351. He's been nothing but helpful with all my questions about my small sixer.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:07 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
did u save any money from a slavage yard?? lol that must have been a pain.
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2003, 02:15 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
I like Advanced Auto Parts, there is a guy there w/ a 93 5.0 that always hooks me up with discounts and ####.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by White95Stangv6
did u save any money from a slavage yard?? lol that must have been a pain.
No not really...The hose was 8 bucks at autozone and i paid 10 bucks @ the salvage yard.But i think i made back some money by taking a few bolts and nuts.plus the guy that works there is cool,He lets me have stuff.Ilove walking around a salvage yard full of mustangs

Also the rule is that anything that fits in your pocket is free...Boy do i like that rule. 8)
Old 07-29-2003, 02:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 98VroomVroom
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow232
Also the rule is that anything that fits in your pocket is free...Boy do i like that rule. 8)
THAT WOULD RULE FOR ME!! I WEAR JNCOS!! THE POCKETS CAN HOLD LIKE 3 LITER BOTTLES!! Id be stealin engine parts everyday.
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
" my useless aftermarket 10" tach is off and my clutch is going out and my vtec controller broke and my Nos floormats were ripped off and my powered by honda seatbelt covers were cutting off circulation to my shifter arm".
98VroomVroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 03:33 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
The autozones near me are alright. I usually just tell them the part number right off hand (Yes, I've been there that often). They look at me funny, go get the part, I compare it to the one I have, and pay for it. they look at me funny. I live at Autozone. My 66 was rebuilt mostly from lifetime warentee parts from there
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 09:51 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

never trust someone who works there, therejust retarded
Some of them are still in hs
Old 07-30-2003, 10:59 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Why do you think I walk in and tell them what to get??
Old 07-30-2003, 12:40 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
Quote:
The autozones near me are alright. I usually just tell them the part number right off hand (Yes, I've been there that often). They look at me funny, go get the part, I compare it to the one I have, and pay for it. they look at me funny. I live at Autozone. My 66 was rebuilt mostly from lifetime warentee parts from there
^ahahaha i cracked up readin that... "they look at me funny" i'm gonna do that one day to see if i get the same reaction

ahaha
Old 07-30-2003, 12:46 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Thats why you gotta find one guy w/ a stang and get in good w/ him b/c most people with stangs are straight and know what ya need. I got lucky, "my" Advanced Auto Parts has 2 or 3 employees with stangs and the manager kind of took me under his wing and like crams knowledge into me.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
Quote:
yes, same here. the asses at a salvage yard in dallas were being racicst towards me (for real, i know some spanish, and they were talking about me being "dumb" and a stupid rich kid or something like that. i didn't know enough to respond, just know what was going on), so i removed 3.73's and the spider gears from an old 4cyl stang's rear and just put it in my toolbox at the bottom and walked out. i feel no remorse at all there! i was the ONLY white guy there, everyone else was messican.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 01:00 PM   #13
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6PowerStang
Quote:
yes, same here. the asses at a salvage yard in dallas were being racicst towards me (for real, i know some spanish, and they were talking about me being "dumb" and a stupid rich kid or something like that. i didn't know enough to respond, just know what was going on), so i removed 3.73's and the spider gears from an old 4cyl stang's rear and just put it in my toolbox at the bottom and walked out. i feel no remorse at all there! i was the ONLY white guy there, everyone else was messican.
lmao

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 01:10 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

viva mehico!!!!
Old 07-30-2003, 01:59 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I take offense to this thread i'm mexican.!!!!

Yeah anything and everything that fits in my pocket i take.I know the guy that works there and he offers me engine's and tranny's for cheap,The only thing i need to provide is a truck.I even have his home number, wo0t wo0t.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar