School project, need comments - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-09-2005, 04:29 PM   #1

School project, need comments

Hi guys, my first post here, I've got some wierd school project where I have to research a car that I want to buy and figure out what some enthusiast/consumer reviews are. I want to get a 2003 Mustang Cobra and I was wondering what any of you who own one think of it?
I dunno if I put this in the right spot... lol
Millertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Hmmm nope I'd say it should go in the lounge for more comments

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to red herring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime
Hi guys, my first post here, I've got some wierd school project where I have to research a car that I want to buy and figure out what some enthusiast/consumer reviews are. I want to get a 2003 Mustang Cobra and I was wondering what any of you who own one think of it?
What grade are you in, what cars have you had, what kind of kid are you? I wouldn't personally approve of anyone getting a cobra for their first car. Although it would be kinda safe to have vented disc brakes with dual piston calipers (I imagine they have those) it would be unsafe to have a car that powerful with that much torque especially in bad conditions. I would have someone start out with a manual rear wheel drive car though so they can learn how to control everything, id est front wheels with the steering wheel, back wheels with the accelerator, transmission with the shifter, get a good appreciation for cars then move up to something better. That is of course just an opinion of some 19 kid.
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2005, 06:14 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime
I don't have time at the moment...I will give you some feedback on this later on though.

Oh, and I moved it to the lounge.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to wendyc Send a message via Yahoo to wendyc
Woudn't your teacher be talking about research somewhere like autotrend or autobytel? They have consumer reviews I believe.

FullThrottleFords.com
wendyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #6
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Here's what I know from reading. For the weekend racer, it's great. It response great to the most basic of mods. With the IRS it makes it great for road racing.

Quote:
it would be unsafe to have a car that powerful with that much torque especially in bad conditions.
Going from the Tempo to the Stang is a big difference in torque.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

the dealership from where i bought my cobra said his best bud had a 04 cobra for a couple weeks and wrapped it around a tree. He said he honestly didnt know what he did wrong, he was getting off an offramp and downshifted and just lost control, that car isnt made for the novice, but what a sweet car it is, im gonna buy the first year SVT makes the new mustang i think
Kenne Bell SC w/ intercooler, 90mm maf, mac cai, 70mm throttle body, 3:73 gears, Kenne Bell performance chip
99CobraVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:29 PM   #8
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Someone forgot there was a supercharger on their car there.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyc
Woudn't your teacher be talking about research somewhere like autotrend or autobytel? They have consumer reviews I believe.
I need consumer and Enthusiast reviews and I need to do a whole bunch of research on financing, not only is this for my school project, but it'll help me later when I'm going to buy a car, because I narrowed it down to the cobra and a saleen or something, I just turned 16 and don't know much
Old 01-10-2005, 08:00 PM   #10

thanks to smurf for that good info he sent me through a pm
Old 01-10-2005, 08:01 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
The 2003/2004 SVT Cobra is one of the best cars on the market today. Powered by a 4.6 Liter Supercharged V8 and controlled by a T56 6 Speed Transmission that is also used in the Dodge Viper and the discontinued Pontiac TransAm, Chevrolet Camaro Z28, and the Chevrolet Camaro SS, the Cobra is a very fun car to drive...someone continue from there, my head hurts now.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:08 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
i learned how to drive on a nissan xterra.. which i have to say is the worst car ive ever drove or rode in. it gets about 15 miles to the gallon and has absolutely no power in it. when i first bout my v6 stang my junior year in high school, i felt a tremendous difference in power, especially the torque. if a cobra is the first car you get, youre in for a suprise. i cant really describe how it handles since i never drove one, but ive been in one before... and trust me.. its not for teenagers. still being a teenager, i know how i drive as well as other teens.. and that much power shouldnt belong to a kid. id get a v6 or a gt before a cobra.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:10 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
you DONT want a cobra for your 1st car

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:16 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas
i learned how to drive on a nissan xterra.. which i have to say is the worst car ive ever drove or rode in. it gets about 15 miles to the gallon and has absolutely no power in it. when i first bout my v6 stang my junior year in high school, i felt a tremendous difference in power, especially the torque. if a cobra is the first car you get, youre in for a suprise. i cant really describe how it handles since i never drove one, but ive been in one before... and trust me.. its not for teenagers. still being a teenager, i know how i drive as well as other teens.. and that much power shouldnt belong to a kid. id get a v6 or a gt before a cobra.
I've driven the Xterra supercharged..they aren't too bad. Not sloggish like the normal ones
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar