Got a speeding ticket... cop harrassed me - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-12-2005, 04:02 PM   #1
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Got a speeding ticket... cop harrassed me

So I was coming home from my trip to colorado (made a pit stop in lawrence to pick up my car) and I was on my way through fvcking gay *** POS state missouri. Anyway... driving down the highway at about 85 or so and I see a cop in the oncoming lane (I do have a radar detector, but he wasnt driving with radar on so it didnt pick anything up) Well the c0cksucker radared me as im slamming on the brakes cause i saw him before he shot me with the gun... anyway when i realized hes gonna pull me over, I just gunned it cuz i saw an exit in 1 mile and hoped and prayed i might get there before his overweight crown vic could catch up to a car doing 90 down the road. Well he sees me take the exit, and i pulled into a gas station to pump gas like nothing was wrong. I get out of my car and he pulls up behind me, so i just sit back into my sit and act suprised. Well this is how it goes:

cop: "Any idea why im here?"
me: "no not really"
cop: "well i got you doing 82 in a 70"
me: "ooh really, can i see your radar gun"
cop: "sure, come on back... btw, can i see your radar?"
me: "2: i dont have a radar gun"
cop: "oh really?"
me: "yeah really"
cop: "well come on back ill show you"
me: "ok.."

as i get into the car he says...

cop: "so you dont have a radar detector?"
me: "no, i do.. but theyre not illegal so whats it matter?"
cop: "so you were lying to me?"
me: "what?"
cop: "would you rather me take you down to jail right now?"
me: "no i wouldnt really appreciate that very much"
cop: "well why did you lie to me"

by this time im gettin pissed off cuz this fvcking pig is calling me a lier

me: "i didnt"
cop: "you told me you didnt have a radar detector then told me you did"

i had assumed he meant a radar gun... i was just thinking, wtf is your deal dude. He was that cop that got beat up as a kid then got handed a badge and a gun and had a power trip hard on for the rest of his life...

me: "whatever, just write my ticket and ill get out of here"
cop: "no ill tell you what to do"
me: "ok, sorry sir"
cop: "yeah sorry is right, so you got anything illegal in that car?"

Oh no he didnt just ask me that (this is where i got real short with answers)

me: "are you serious?? no."
cop: "you sure theres no drugs in there... no guns or knives?"
me: "yep, pretty sure"
cop: "so theres no cocaine, or marijuana in there?"
me: "c'mon... this is rediculous"
cop: "you know its not a very uncommon thing these days"
me: "well i dont do drugs, or have any"
cop: Just glares at me for a long time
me: I glare back at his f4ggot ***...
cop: turns away, "were you wearing your seatbelt"
me: "yes"
cop: "how do i know you arent lieing to me again"
me: "i was wearing my seatbelt, i always do"
cop: "ok, sign here"
me: Signs stupid sheeet of paper
cop: "ok go ahead and pump your gas, goodbye"
me: "Ill be calling your supervisor" Shut the door

So i get in my car and drive off without even pumping gas cause i didnt need any... and immediately call directory assistance to call cause this guy was set on the fact that i had drugs and guns and **** in my car. Well i called, filed a complaint and got a call back from his supervisor who i told everything to and then he asked what i wanted out of this. I told him Id like the guy to get a talking to and id like a written apology from him. He said OK to both things, then i mentioned id defanitely be taking this to court. So the guy says, " well just some advice, the prosecutor in that county is very leniant on plea bargains as long as a licensed attorney calls him up" So what im lookin for is anyone thats a lawyer or has a friend of the family, if they could call this D-bag up and at least get it to 10 over so it doesnt affect insurance, id really appreciate it.

But yea, thats why i cant stand fvcking retarded cops... theyre on powertrips and have nothing better to do with their lives then try to get back at their wrecked childhoods. Fvcking retards.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2005, 04:08 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
what a *******
Old 01-12-2005, 04:16 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
this part upsets me..

cop: "no ill tell you what to do"

I could careless if you are the president, you give me a snappy parental type of remark to me and I'll snap back at them

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2005, 04:19 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Yeah that cop sounds like an ***. hope you get it worked out
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to speedyhank
how much is it for
speedyhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to red herring
Man, that sucks. If I were being talked to like that I'd have to bring up something like...If you were just some regular guy talking to me like this I wouldn't respect you and I don't respect you just cause you have a badge on cause here's the deal...you are just a regular guy.

You shouldn't have apologized when he said "I tell you what to do" or called him sir. If you were getting a ticket anyway I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of any of that crap cause that's how they get on powertrips anyway. He drove away in a more pompous manner than he drove up in.
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
That cop is an *******. ive gotten harassed similar to that by a cop in the past myself. its bullsh*t def call up his supervisor if u didnt already
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:46 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
the troopers around here sit in the speed trap... 35 down from 55 for NO REASON and its all down hill so you MUST ride the brake to keep from speeding... and tehy get right behind you and just wait... to see 36mph....
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:54 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
the troopers around here sit in the speed trap... 35 down from 55 for NO REASON and its all down hill so you MUST ride the brake to keep from speeding... and tehy get right behind you and just wait... to see 36mph....
i thought TECHNICALLY they couldnt get you until you were doing like 7 over in case the gun isnt completely accurate?
Old 01-12-2005, 05:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
cop: "well i got you doing 82 in a 70"
me: "ooh really, can i see your radar gun"
cop: "sure, come on back... btw, can i see your radar?"
me: "2: i dont have a radar gun"
it's simple.

he construed the part i quoted as you giving him an attitude. i'm assuming you knew you were speeding since you said you were going 85, so it would've been best not to ask to see the radar gun.

the best thing to do when you're pulled over is be polite, and say "yessir". and the #1 thing is to be honest. ive had numerous cops tell me that they'll give someone a ticket just because the person lied about speeding or wearing a seatbelt.

i'm pretty lucky and ive only been pulled over once(*knock on wood*) for disorderly conduct. i was polite and the cop let me off without even a warning. he just told me to be careful with my bullhorn and to not yell obscene thing at pepople with it.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:06 PM   #11
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
they can pull u over for ONE (1) mph over the limit, I know that for sure.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:12 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
it's simple.

he construed the part i quoted as you giving him an attitude. i'm assuming you knew you were speeding since you said you were going 85, so it would've been best not to ask to see the radar gun.

the best thing to do when you're pulled over is be polite, and say "yessir". and the #1 thing is to be honest. ive had numerous cops tell me that they'll give someone a ticket just because the person lied about speeding or wearing a seatbelt.

i'm pretty lucky and ive only been pulled over once(*knock on wood*) for disorderly conduct. i was polite and the cop let me off without even a warning. he just told me to be careful with my bullhorn and to not yell obscene thing at pepople with it.
one of my friends co-workers is polite and honest and can get away with anything (a story he told me recently).

1. he was driving his friends car back from a concert in atlanta recently high & drunk because he was the least messed up of all his friends. he gets pulled over, the cop asks if he is drunk or high and he says yes. the cop handcuffs everyone that was in the car and calls for back up. the back up gets there and asks the kid driving if they would like to declare anything because they are about to search the car and he says "no, but its not my car", so they ask the owner of the car and the owner tells them where some (and by some a mean a **** load) weed, cocaine, heroine, and acid are hidden throughout the car. the cops go through the car with a pastic bag, put all the drugs in it, un cuff all the kids and tell them to have a nice night.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to BlackStang99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
I hate that 35 speed limit. I've seen several cops sit there at the speed trap. Thank God I haven't been pulled over there cuz sometimes I'll be going 40 while a cop is sitting there...
jack, jhack, it sounds the same, because the H is silent!
BlackStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

whoa, thats crazy.

yeah, most cops love honesty(of course there are a few exceptions).
Old 01-12-2005, 05:22 PM   #15
I liek gramer
Legacy

some cops are just dicks though, like the one Zim got stuck with.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:26 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
um i got a question... why dont you just ignore the ticket if it wasnt issued in your home state, one kid i go to spring break with got caught racing in his camaro in gulf shores, and he ignored the ticket for like 3 years (i think), a warrent is out for your arrest in that state, but they never track you back home. and after that certain time period it is erased? this is just what i heard tho i could be wrong
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:26 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
some cops are just dicks though, like the one Zim got stuck with.
At least your not this poor sucker!!!
http://www.funnyjunk.com/movies/44/G...+finger/stream
00vertstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:32 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
here is what Zim felt like doin to the cop
http://www.extremefunnypictures.com/funnypic470.htm
00vertstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:55 PM   #19
I liek gramer
Legacy

lol, i've seen both those vids. And I wouldn't suggest ignoring a ticket...
Old 01-12-2005, 06:21 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Probably the first thing you should have done is not try to outrun the cop...but that's understandable. Secondly..when you ask a cop to see his radar gun it's just not cool. I'd be pissed at you as a cop by then. The best thing to do in those situations is to just be nice to the cop..whether he's an *** or not, take the ticket if he issues you one, tell him to have a nice day, and fight the **** out of it in court. I've done this on 4 tickets and gotten out of all of them. The one time I talked back to the cop, the ticket stuck. They talk to the judges about your attitude and that influences the judge's decision alot. You can also go to the courthouse and ask to see the training certificate for that cop on the radar gun he was issued and ask to see the certificate of calibration for the radar gun. If they don't have one of these, or one is out of date they have to throw the ticket out of court. You could also argue there are more than one white mustang on the road these days, and since he didn't get your tag number he doesn't know you were the one. Make up some **** about another white mustang just like yours drove by when you were filling up with gas (I've used that one before too)...just some ideas for anyone when you get pulled over lol. I have a ton of these ways to get out of a ticket, but they all start with being nice to the cop...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:49 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
im always honest when i get pulled over and its gotten me out of **** 9 out of the 11 times ive been pulled over. One i couldn't because the cop was a dick and asked me if i had any points and when i told him no he said " well im gonna ruin that for u today" Wanted to pull his *** throught the window and beat him. The other i was just being plain stupid and doin 50 in a 25 and the cop still reduced it for me bc i was honest with him.
'99 Electric Green Cobra, #2517 of 4040 Built on 5/12/99
'00 Lazer Red V6-Gone but not forgotten

Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Member #4121
Mid -Atlantic Cobra Association Member #207
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:09 PM   #22

Region: Pennsylvania
I hate cops on a power trip. :fu2:
Mill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:22 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
it's simple.

thats bull***** cause a cop hasn't ever made conversation with me, asked me if i knew why I was pulled over or let me off. Every time i've been pulled over I've recieved a ticket and a cop hasn't ever said more than a sentence or two to me. Cops aren't better than anyone else and don't deserve special treatment. If you're trying to get off of a ticket by sucking up you're a coward and don't deserve respect. Cops should only give tickets when you are being dangerous, that it. After all, that's the only reason the law is there to begin with.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:26 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
one of my friends co-workers is polite and honest and can get away with anything (a story he told me recently).

1. he was driving his friends car back from a concert in atlanta recently high & drunk because he was the least messed up of all his friends. he gets pulled over, the cop asks if he is drunk or high and he says yes. the cop handcuffs everyone that was in the car and calls for back up. the back up gets there and asks the kid driving if they would like to declare anything because they are about to search the car and he says "no, but its not my car", so they ask the owner of the car and the owner tells them where some (and by some a mean a **** load) weed, cocaine, heroine, and acid are hidden throughout the car. the cops go through the car with a pastic bag, put all the drugs in it, un cuff all the kids and tell them to have a nice night.
This is the crap I'm talking about too, we get speeding tickets and people like this get let go? Some system we have protecting us. Someone is killed in a drunk driving accident every 15 minutes. According to a test done in top gear a while ago less than 7% of accidents are caused by speeding. Yet I get speeding tickets and some drunk guy gets away...and no one does anything about it. There was a girl in my math class freshman year in college who had two DUI's and still had a drivers license...and she wasn't even old enough to drink! By the way, I am trying to find a way to get laws changed and keep stuff like this happening, anyone know how?
Old 01-12-2005, 08:27 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red herring
thats bull***** cause a cop hasn't ever made conversation with me, asked me if i knew why I was pulled over or let me off. Every time i've been pulled over I've recieved a ticket and a cop hasn't ever said more than a sentence or two to me. Cops aren't better than anyone else and don't deserve special treatment. If you're trying to get off of a ticket by sucking up you're a coward and don't deserve respect. Cops should only give tickets when you are being dangerous, that it. After all, that's the only reason the law is there to begin with.
I'm sorry..just can't agree with you on that one...honestly has always worked for me...even after leading the cops on a chase through town and getting blocked into a parking lot...
When I get pulled over I am as polite as I can be to whomever is pulling me over. Some cops are just buttholes, but alot of them are that way from dealing with ppl who are buttholes to them all day long and they are sick of all of it.
Our's:
Old 01-12-2005, 10:50 PM   #26
I liek gramer
Legacy

*PMs Fishers to join in the fray*

*pops popcorn*
Old 01-12-2005, 10:55 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hahahaha, I was waiting on him to start in on this thread...
Our's:
Old 01-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #28
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
This is the crap I'm talking about too, we get speeding tickets and people like this get let go? Some system we have protecting us. Someone is killed in a drunk driving accident every 15 minutes. According to a test done in top gear a while ago less than 7% of accidents are caused by speeding. Yet I get speeding tickets and some drunk guy gets away...and no one does anything about it. There was a girl in my math class freshman year in college who had two DUI's and still had a drivers license...and she wasn't even old enough to drink! By the way, I am trying to find a way to get laws changed and keep stuff like this happening, anyone know how?
Incidents like that are not because of laws its because of the cops.

If the cops had followed the law those kids would be looky at some hell of time behind bars

Laws are only as good as the people enforcing them

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #29

Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
hes probably doing the same as I and staying quiet....
Yes zim was speeding, etc...but theres no reason for the officer to be an *** like that
Old 01-12-2005, 11:32 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thats bull***** cause a cop hasn't ever made conversation with me, asked me if i knew why I was pulled over or let me off. Every time i've been pulled over I've recieved a ticket and a cop hasn't ever said more than a sentence or two to me.
im curious as to what your respones were when the cops asked you questions.

Quote:
If you're trying to get off of a ticket by sucking up you're a coward and don't deserve respect.
wow, someone sure is grumpy tonight.

ive been raised to be polite and to say "yes ma'am" or "yes sir". i don't give people an attitude(especially not cops), and if i act that way towards a cop, i'm a coward?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:34 PM   #31

Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Quote:
ive been raised to be polite and to say "yes ma'am" or "yes sir". i don't give people an attitude(especially not cops), and if i act that way towards a cop, i'm a coward?
id say more along the lines of smart
Old 01-12-2005, 11:35 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01mineralgrey6
:yup:
'99 Electric Green Cobra, #2517 of 4040 Built on 5/12/99
'00 Lazer Red V6-Gone but not forgotten

Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Member #4121
Mid -Atlantic Cobra Association Member #207
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:47 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01mineralgrey6
haha, right
Old 01-13-2005, 12:31 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Send a message via AIM to 19ClearCobra96 Send a message via MSN to 19ClearCobra96
I have only been involved with the cops twice. Once I was driving home at like 1230 at night with my girlfriend and a girlfriend of hers and i got pulled over for goin 55 in a 35. This was when I was 16 and still had my pop license meaning I couldnt drive after midnight. I was completley honest with the officer adn told him when I was supposed to have the girls home by cuz he asked and I told him I was goin 55and everything else he asked so he let me off with a warning. The other time I was at a party that got busted by the cops and I was pretty drunk. I come out of the bathroom to see a pig standin at the front door and I was like OH Fvck. So he takes my ID and tells me to go find the owner of the house but I couldnt find him, so I come back and tell him I can't find him and he just tells me to go home, so i guess I was playin sober pretty well. So all in all I have no bad experiences with cops, and just be honest cuz if he finds out your lying you will be in deeper shat.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:42 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
theres kid in my town whos going behind bars for up to 15yrs because he was flashing a laser pen into the sky and reached 2 low flying choppers which turned out to be police choppers
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar