Random Thought of the Day - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-18-2005, 04:16 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to red herring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Different is cool even if it looks bad... its different
If you're trying to be different, it's not cool at all. Sometimes different is interesting, because by definition it's abnormal. Not something you see everyday. But almost nothing is different now-a-days, as soon as you do something different everybody does it because they have to prove they are their own person.

I think a lot of reason rap gets less respect is because popular bands like the beatles sang significant songs like let it be and stuff. They had their love songs too but they weren't like "call me big daddy when you back that thing up" or "my anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun" And they didn't do stupid stuff like "tlot" (thats the best I can explain the sound) with their tongue. Anyone konw that new song I'm talking about?
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2005, 04:18 PM   #72
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by red herring
And they didn't do stupid stuff like "tlot" (thats the best I can explain the sound) with their tongue. Anyone konw that new song I'm talking about?
The one by Snoop with Pharell? Damn, the name is escaping me right now.

EDIT: The song is "Drop it like it's hot"
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 04:19 PM   #73
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
let it be and stuff. They had their love songs too but they weren't like "call me big daddy when you back that thing up"

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2005, 04:20 PM   #74
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
The one by Snoop with Pharell? Damn, the name is escaping me right now.

EDIT: The song is "Drop it like it's hot"
Drop it like its hot is hardly new lol

Reddit
Old 01-18-2005, 04:23 PM   #75
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
No, it's not new...but, it is the only song I can think of recently with a tongue noise...then again, I haven't had Too $hort and some compilation CDs out of my car in a while...been forever since I listened to the radio.

And if you want a love song...White Girls by The Mighty Casey is a real romancer lol.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:24 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to red herring
Quote:
eh, whatever, hahaha. that was the song I was talking about though. I doubt if the beetles did that that they would be who they are known for being today
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 04:31 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
It is if you are where I am
Mustang anything else is just a wanna be
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9...n123/corn2.gif
Mjcorn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 05:19 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to chips
of all the new stuff coming out, "drop it like it's hot" is the biggest no-talent hunk of ****.

there's no beat, there's no rhymes, there's no song.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:23 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

That is very true
Mustang anything else is just a wanna be
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9...n123/corn2.gif
Mjcorn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 06:05 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to chips
what the hell? why was my above post censored???
Old 01-18-2005, 06:06 PM   #81
Regular

I havent got that put back in sense I updated vbulletin

I am working on it

Reddit
Old 01-18-2005, 07:51 PM   #82
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
smurfin = correct

i listen to rap, but not that gangster crap. that nonsense is just retarded to me. i also listen to rock, oldies, classical (yes, classical)
Old 01-18-2005, 08:51 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to damustangfan14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
Ok, here goes.

*Deep breath*

Rap is more than just talking into a microphone with hot, barely clothed chics, dancing around you. Granted, most of today's "talent" is nothing more than a PR campaign and as you said, a body. Rap takes skill. It may not seem like it, but, try and get up in front of a crowd, hell, in front of the mirror, and come up with rhymes that make sense and flow to the music. In reality, all rap is, is Rhythmic Poetry, set to music. Rhythmic Poetry is considered to be a art. Yet rap is considered anything but art.

Ok, now on to the "a record player isn't a instrument" concept. In the right hands, a record player can make just as good of music as someone with a host of instruments. Just listen to people like DJ QBert, Mix Master Mike, and the Invisible Scratch Picklz. There are many others, but those stick out in my mind. They can do more on the 1s and 2s than most "musicians" can on thier respective instruments. To be able to take a set of songs/sound bites/etc, blend them together, scratch over them, and still have everything flow as if it were all one, that takes some serious skill. Not to mention, you are doing it live in real time, not using editing software to "remix" a song.

When you listen to the greats, Tupac, :worship: Run DMC, early Too $hort, Early LL Cool J, etc...that is when rap was more than just a pretty face. It was real rap. It wasn't the same lyrics by different artists. And just because I don't live in the ghetto, that doesn't mean that I can't listen to rap. It just means that I am not from the ghetto and like the beats and flows of rap.

Oh, and on a side note, there were a ton of copy cats back in the 50s and 60s as well. There have always been copy cats, and their always will be. When a record company finds something that works, they all want to get in on it and up pop the copy cats.

Everyone has their own niche of music. I like everything from classical, to opera, to metal, to oldies (50s & 60s), to country, to hard core rap. The only kind of music I can't stand is the grunge/alternative/whatever other name it goes by these days. Then again, I hated metallica when they came out, now, I enjoy listening to their stuff. So, who's to say, this new junk might grow on me too.

Signed...a white wanna be gansta...
for sure :yup: i agree with that too and i can basically listen to any type of music. theres plenty of it, just expressed in different ways. some ppl are just really narrowminded and ignorant. if there's a type of person who says, "rap is crap. all they talk about is weed, hos, bustin a nigga in the grill, and 24's"....they should get slapped with the truth. If theres a person that says, "you listen to that rock *****, man, that music rots your brain. all they do is scream."....this person also needs to get slapped. ive heard these type of remarks and just irritates me sometimes. now, you dont have to like all types of music, but at least respect it and dont talk smack about it. and me, i could play piano, a lil guitar, tuba, snare drum, and i could handle fruity loops studio too. I've come up with some crazy beats and several ppl have told me that they have the potential to be used by big artists. i like doing both....but thats just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
now that's a completely different story.

i went to highschool with those kids. their parents buy them everything they want and they have more money then i ever will, yet they still come to school dressed like thugs, and they talk about how ghetto they are and how hard it is for them to make it in "the game".

this was the kind of thing i heard all the time - from white kids mind you:

"you G, we gunna score some dro and cruise the south side. we gots to represent! aint nobody **** with us! we hard! someone's gunna get capped!!!"

i hated those kids.

i listen to rap, but i'm nothing like that...
lol i wish i could see one of those kids talk. better yet, see them come my school and see how they handle. and yea, we got "thugs" (black, mexican, and white) and ballas....but i dont mind it. i mean , we do live in a neighborhood right next to houston, so i geuss its cool. . n yes, i talk to some, but dont get involved with them or
anything like that. just like, "ay wuz up" n thats it.id rather be cool with more ppl than have haters around me. n sometimes i might slip out words like nigga, and talk slang but i geuss its cuz of those ppl around me. better off not to talk smack
damustangfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 09:04 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Wow you are really light on your toes listening to that. But being that you are in Cali I understand
whats theat supposed to mean? answer me old man.

STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:14 PM   #85
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
whats theat supposed to mean? answer me old man.
Ok lets do this in steps

morrisey came from the group the Smiths one of the many of groups of the 80's labeled homo video. Because of the rather fem looking guys. boy George, caja gogo, pet shop boys, Frankie goes to Hollywood and the list goes on. In the early 90's Morrisey attempted to carry on the with success on his own and as a banner carrying gay. Which does not bother me but it is the truth

You are from California, a rather gay happy state, Even though I know you are not, you are somewhat lighter on your toes than say Someone from Alabama !!!! This is a fact

So you see by saying Morrisey is God you confirmed my position. No person from the South East would have proclamed Morrisey is GOD

So that is how I came to my conclusion MY sort of light on your toes friend of mine

I call this " OWNED"
Old 01-18-2005, 11:18 PM   #86
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Ok lets do this in steps

morrisey came from the group the Smiths one of the many of groups of the 80's labeled homo video. Because of the rather fem looking guys. boy George, caja gogo, pet shop boys, Frankie goes to Hollywood and the list goes on. In the early 90's Morrisey attempted to carry on the with success on his own and as a banner carrying gay. Which does not bother me but it is the truth

You are from California, a rather gay happy state, Even though I know you are not, you are somewhat lighter on your toes than say Someone from Alabama !!!! This is a fact

So you see by saying Morrisey is God you confirmed my position. No person from the South East would have proclamed Morrisey is GOD

So that is how I came to my conclusion MY sort of light on your toes friend of mine

I call this " OWNED"
Oh just so you know I like Morrisey's music I would just not call him GOD but hell I am not light on my toes either HAHAHAHAHHAHA
Old 01-18-2005, 11:23 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok lets do this in steps

I call this " OWNED"
so im gay, how come i didnt know that? nah i just love his music. its badass. the smiths and morrisey imo are gods gift to music.

bntw corey u like the smiths and morrisey thats badass, i would have never thought.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:32 PM   #88
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
so im gay, how come i didnt know that? nah i just love his music. its badass. the smiths and morrisey imo are gods gift to music.

bntw corey u like the smiths and morrisey thats badass, i would have never thought.
I like all music
Old 01-18-2005, 11:33 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like all music
thats badass, i would have never thought you like the smiths though

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar