Lets Discuss - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Lets Discuss

So I thought Id put this out there.

How many of you guys actually learned about drugs when you were in substance abuse class back in HS?

Reason why I state this is cause I was doing some thinking. I was having this convo with this chick shes into the whole coke thing and wanted me to try (I obviously said yes cause I wanted some nookie haha). But before she formed a line she asked me what I knew about it. I obviously told her I didnt know much besides the dumb crap I learned in school.

She looked at me and said I need to learn alot. She told me about the dangers between differ kinds and what to watch out for. I learned more in that 15 mins of talking about it that I ever learned in HS.

Heres the discussion part. Dont you think it be wiser to teach kids the things to watch out for so they can have a safer time if they choose to do it. Having knowledge is alot of thing.

I feel when I left Substance Abuse all I left with was the sterotypes of the drugs. I personally feel that educating kids about what the drug does and if it is that actual drug.

Reminds me a few years ago there was an E legal rave at the civic center. The cops knew people were gonna do it but they wanted everyone to be safe. THEY (the cops) tested everyones E pill to see if it actually was the actual drug. They also passed pamplets and whatever else to keep everyone safe.

Would you guys agree that this would be a better approach then just telling them drugs are bad dont do it cause you'll fvck your life dadada?

Discuss - (BTW before anyone attacks me that was my first and last time and I was thinking nookie the whole time and yes I did achieve my goal )
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2005, 05:21 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
or.... find something productive to do with the money you spend on that **** and time you do doing it.

That's all I am saying on this. This world is ****ed up, we don't need drugs to help it along

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:28 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
My thought is that all you can do is educate people about something and then let them make their own decisions. That garbage you get in school is not being educated. That mumbo jumbo groups like "Not me, not now", "thetruth.com", etc, aren't education either. What you talked about is more education then is being provided.

I didn't learn anything about drugs in school. Those assemblies, health classes, and speakers that came in were just "blah blah blah...you are young, I am old so you should listen to me...blah blah blah". I didn't try any of it because it seemed stupid to me. Just a means of wasting money. It had nothing to do with my parents wanting to know where I am or who I sit next to in class, some stupid commercial, or a guest speaker.

My personal opinion is that if someone wants to use something, let them, it is their life, and it will just be Darwins theory in full effect. Make it all legal, tax the ****, and use that money to bring gas prices back down. Unrelated I know, but, it is a nice though. And since people tend to do things to excess, it will help chlorinate the gene pool a little with all the ODs.
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2005, 05:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thing is school is suppuse to be educating. We are all differ people. Your obviously differ then me. But there are always gonna be someone doing something. Thats why the illegal drug bussiness is the THIRD highest paying "job" it creates BILLIONS

Your thought is obviously just your own. Im saying why not educate those that are gonna down that road. The real deal. Such as the can you tell if your pot is laced or if the coke that person is buying is real or is it gonna be something thats actually gonna endanger them.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
My personal opinion is that if someone wants to use something, let them, it is their life, and it will just be Darwins theory in full effect. Make it all legal, tax the ****, and use that money to bring gas prices back down. Unrelated I know, but, it is a nice though. And since people tend to do things to excess, it will help chlorinate the gene pool a little with all the ODs.
I agree with alot you said. All those classes and speakers were just listen to me cause I have age. I tried it cause I wanted to see what was so bad about this evil thing that was so frowned upon.

See you cant legalize if you cant educate. But id agree to legalize all. Taxing it would benefit us greatly. BUT there are to many pieces of **** in this country that would ruin the chances of legalizing anything.

Amsterdam is a perfect example of what legalizing can do for a country they have shrooms and weed legal and coke and E even though its considered illegal they will just turn face. This is also a country with the highest gun ownership and the lowest killing rate as well.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:43 PM   #6
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
drugs are dumb.

I learned about them in High School, but definitely not from any health or drug teaching class. I saw it on desks, in bathrooms, cars before/after school, etc.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
everything i learned about drugs i learned from my friends in hs. And i never did any of the **** because i saw how ****ed up their lives got because of it.
'99 Electric Green Cobra, #2517 of 4040 Built on 5/12/99
'00 Lazer Red V6-Gone but not forgotten

Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Member #4121
Mid -Atlantic Cobra Association Member #207
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
i learned about drugs from personal expiriences in high school. eh it was fun in high school, but now it would be a stupid thing to do.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I dont think some of you get what im saying.

Do you think educating a person better about specific drugs is worth doing. Minus whether you think its bullsh*t or not. Wouldnt educating a person wit the facts instead of brainwashing be more worthwhile. (put yourself in a non-biased state)
Old 01-17-2005, 06:10 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
I agree with alot you said. All those classes and speakers were just listen to me cause I have age. I tried it cause I wanted to see what was so bad about this evil thing that was so frowned upon.

See you cant legalize if you cant educate. But id agree to legalize all. Taxing it would benefit us greatly. BUT there are to many pieces of **** in this country that would ruin the chances of legalizing anything.

Amsterdam is a perfect example of what legalizing can do for a country they have shrooms and weed legal and coke and E even though its considered illegal they will just turn face. This is also a country with the highest gun ownership and the lowest killing rate as well.
Holland or as they are actually called the Netherlands is roughly twice the size of New Jersey an a population of 16,312,000. It still has a Monarchy (King) is slowly becoming a debtor nation as the country comes to grips with the cost of social programs that eat up 54% of the Budget and the escalating tax rate to feed this serious problem considering the rate of economic growth of the country is -0.7% a year. They are close to hitting the minimum GDP of the EU while there Industrial growth is -2.1%. At current levels of negative growth they will have to either tax the population of 7,000,0000 workers higher than any country on earth to pay for their wonderful social programs . Even thought they have the less population in poverty than most of the world they also have a per capitol income of 28,000 a year with only 7,000,000 which means also they have way fewer wealthy people than most of the developed world.

They are also the # 1 exporter of Illegally manufactured drugs to Europe and the US. These including producers of ecstasy, illicit amphetamines, and other synthetic drugs; important gateway for cocaine, heroin, and hashish entering Europe; major source of US-bound ecstasy; large financial sector vulnerable to money laundering which is killing the countries financially as this money is not taxed

So with all the hype of Holland being the perfect country and example of a society whos liberal drug laws are seen as a success are actually crippling the country with money laundering and soar cost of dealing with drug addiction and social programs with a shrinking industrial base and GDP and a labor base of 7,000,000 taxed at a rate of about 63%.

Welcome to paradise ????????
Old 01-17-2005, 07:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
-elementary school/middle school drug programs: drugs will kill you if you touch them, and if they don't kill you, they will destroy your brain. you will never be able to lead a normal life, etc...

-highschool drug programs: drugs will ruin your life, and destroy any chance you have of making something of yourself - then they will kill you, etc...

-college drug programs: be careful when doing drugs or drinking, weed probably isn't all that bad, the harder drugs can and will mess you up over a period of time and it's best to stay away with those. if you're caught with them, don't lie to the officer because he will find out anyway, etc...

so, to sum it all up...

as kids we were all lied to. our little heads were pumped full of propaganda and misinformation. D.A.R.E.? haha, what a load of ****! i feel insulted that they took us for fools. and these programs obviously don't work. at least 95% of my highschool had either tried drugs of some sort, or used them on a regular basis.
i went to a little seminar thing when i first started college, and it was much more realistic. they didn't feed us the lies that we've been hearing for years and years - but most of it was stuff i already knew.
i learned far more from classmates, friends, and my sister's drug dealer/addict ex husband than i ever learned in school.

i agree with the earlier statement that kids should be educated about the reality of drugs and drug use. kids are gunna use drugs no matter what, and it's better to tell them how to stay safe. tell them the truth, and let them make an educated decision.

personally, i havent tried any illegal drugs. ive been offered, and ive even had people come close to trying to force it on me before and i didn't give in. however, i did discover the joys of drinking and getting so ****faced that i couldn't remember anything that had happened the night before. for a while i was drinking on a daily basis, and getting extremely ****ed up every weekend, and that is far worse then a lot of drugs out there. but thats over now

edit: i'd like to add that whenever i drank, i did it responsably. i have never driven after drinking and i never will. i always made sure i had a place to stay overnight.

instead of telling kids lies about drugs, teach them responsability. teach them the dangers of driving while under the influence, teach them how to keep from going overboard, etc. that is far more important then just telling them that "drugs will kill them".
Old 01-17-2005, 07:59 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I've just never had the desire to try drugs. Didn't have a 'substance abuse' class in HS, never really had any assemblies about it. Just never wanted to do it. Alot of my friends did it, and they still do it, but the older we all get the more I see what it's doing to them. All of my friends who do drugs have been caught by cops for alot of things and etc etc. On the other hand, I've stayed off the drugs and out of the whole legal system. Coincidence? Maybe...but I doubt it.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar