Test drove a C6 today: - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2005, 08:36 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Test drove a C6 today:

Went by Bill Heard Chevrolet on my lunch break and talked to the salesmen up there about possibly getting one. After talking to them for quite a while, I went back after work and talked to them some more. I don't think I'm going to be able to swing the payments, insurance, and save for a house down payment (and eventual house payments) all at the same time . I did get to test drive it, though. Those cars are so incredibly cool. It was pretty quick, but I didn't give it hell. They were really working on their car-salesman-really-trying-to-get-you-to-buy-the-car thing. It was terrible. New car shopping is the worst. "What payments would it take you to drive that car home tonight" and "if we knock a few thousand off will you buy it tonight" and all that bull****. I ended up telling them, "look! give me the best monthly rate you can swing and let me think about it! If it's good enough, I'll come back! I'm absolutely not going to buy the car tonight!!!" Damn pushy *** car salesmen.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-24-2005, 08:40 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
house sounds more important, stick with the t/a for now, lol
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:07 PM   #3
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
just supercharge yours and BAM!! C6 killer.
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-24-2005, 10:53 PM   #4
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
I wouldnt buy from bill turd anyway, ive not heard very many good things about them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:58 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
im with mike, build up the trans am, and buy the house.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:01 AM   #6
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
i was gonna use the same bill turd thing, but nate beat me out.

I don't think I'd do it if I were you, just wait everything out for a while.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:25 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Yeah definately stay away from bill heard. they will rape you in the most brutal way possible. Goto the chevy dealer in decatur. A friend of mine is friends with the owners son and has given my friend good deals before. Just stay away. Even if they offer you a cookie, doesn't mean you should take it
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:30 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
red herring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Region: California
Posts: 298
Send a message via AIM to red herring
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
just supercharge yours and BAM!! C6 killer.
Although I agree, it's still not a vette. I am NOT saying buy the vette though, more responsibilities come when you get older and a house is far more important. How old are you? If you're the right age, you'll probably end up have more financial responsibilities soon like a gf/wife and/or kids and you may not have enough time to pay off a corvette in time. Some things come unexpectedly. A house is more premanent and more important, just less imminent.
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:21 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by red herring
Although I agree, it's still not a vette. I am NOT saying buy the vette though, more responsibilities come when you get older and a house is far more important. How old are you? If you're the right age, you'll probably end up have more financial responsibilities soon like a gf/wife and/or kids and you may not have enough time to pay off a corvette in time. Some things come unexpectedly. A house is more premanent and more important, just less imminent.
i'd rather have something that cost less and was faster, its nice to stick it to the rich guy sometimes
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:59 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 517
When I bought my car brand new, they would give me one offer & I would say no. Then they would come back with the same offer, just written different. Over & over again. Just a headache. Next time I am gonna bring ten grand & just sit it on the table. lol
__________________
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:02 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Easiest way to pay what you want for a car is walk in with the cash, put it on the table in front you. Say "take this or I'm gone" and if they hesitate grab the money and walk out. I did this on my first car and damn it worked good. They had the car listed for 5000, I walked in with 3000 cash and drove it home that night lol
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 04:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
timpryor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Easiest way to pay what you want for a car is walk in with the cash, put it on the table in front you. Say "take this or I'm gone" and if they hesitate grab the money and walk out. I did this on my first car and damn it worked good. They had the car listed for 5000, I walked in with 3000 cash and drove it home that night lol
no heres what you should do

walk in with all the cash you need like say its 22k sticker walk in with 18 in a backpack. Wear the trashiest clothes you can find and say i want that one, then if they give you any lip show them the cash and leave to the next dealership and so on and so forth.
__________________
"The LORD shall judge the people:judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me." PSALM 7:8

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 04:23 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
oaktonarcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,177
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor
no heres what you should do

walk in with all the cash you need like say its 22k sticker walk in with 18 in a backpack. Wear the trashiest clothes you can find and say i want that one, then if they give you any lip show them the cash and leave to the next dealership and so on and so forth.
they might call the local banks to see if one of them had been knocked off....
__________________
Delta Sigma Phi
building better men since 1899


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
www.DeltaArmsCo.com
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
red herring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Region: California
Posts: 298
Send a message via AIM to red herring
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
i'd rather have something that cost less and was faster, its nice to stick it to the rich guy sometimes
Whenever there is a car that comes out that is inferior when measuring speed, people always say blah blah blah can get it as fast as this car. The high class cars though aren't always know for how fast they can get down the 1320. When people talk about ferraris, they always say it's this fast and it can do this. But when you talk to the owner of a car they're like "you feel so connected to the road" and "this car is so fun to drive." And then everyone starts talking about the speed again. When porsche came out with commercials they weren't like "almost as fast as ferrari" they spoke more about other things. But then i always see commercials comparing smaller crappier cars to the big cars in terms of speed. Speed isn't everything in a higher class car.
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
timpryor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonarcher
they might call the local banks to see if one of them had been knocked off....
so what just take a withdrawl reciept with you
__________________
"The LORD shall judge the people:judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me." PSALM 7:8

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:15 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by red herring
Whenever there is a car that comes out that is inferior when measuring speed, people always say blah blah blah can get it as fast as this car. The high class cars though aren't always know for how fast they can get down the 1320. When people talk about ferraris, they always say it's this fast and it can do this. But when you talk to the owner of a car they're like "you feel so connected to the road" and "this car is so fun to drive." And then everyone starts talking about the speed again. When porsche came out with commercials they weren't like "almost as fast as ferrari" they spoke more about other things. But then i always see commercials comparing smaller crappier cars to the big cars in terms of speed. Speed isn't everything in a higher class car.
i bet anything that you built and are proud of is more fun to drive than some stock overpriced car that you are paying for monthly. higher price doesnt mean **** to me.
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:00 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
red herring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Region: California
Posts: 298
Send a message via AIM to red herring
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
higher price doesnt mean **** to me.
Higher price doesn't mean anything to a lot of car enthusiasts, but you usually get what you pay for. Higher priced cars are usually higher priced because they're better and/or come from somewhere else and have to add charges for shipping. Then everyone says it's still cheaper to do this or that to a mustang, but you must have some loyalty to a name because you could get a Toyota Trecel to be a fast car that handles well but instead you got a mustang. You could even have built that trecel yourself and done some overpowered engine swap plus some suspension goodies and other stuff and had yourself a monster for cheaper than a Mustang that performed similarly, but you didn't. You chose a Mustang instead. So you must have some loyalty to a high priced car. (mustang higher priced compared to trecel)
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:19 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
yea they wont leave you alone or they wont give you the time of day
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:21 PM   #19
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Quote:
Originally Posted by red herring
Higher price doesn't mean anything to a lot of car enthusiasts, but you usually get what you pay for. Higher priced cars are usually higher priced because they're better and/or come from somewhere else and have to add charges for shipping. Then everyone says it's still cheaper to do this or that to a mustang, but you must have some loyalty to a name because you could get a Toyota Trecel to be a fast car that handles well but instead you got a mustang. You could even have built that trecel yourself and done some overpowered engine swap plus some suspension goodies and other stuff and had yourself a monster for cheaper than a Mustang that performed similarly, but you didn't. You chose a Mustang instead. So you must have some loyalty to a high priced car. (mustang higher priced compared to trecel)
tercel?
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:23 PM   #20
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
We are talking about cars that were MEANT to be sports cars here lol
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:24 PM   #21
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
not some pos minivan or tercel that some guy sunk a ****load of money into. Thats just stupid
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:40 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
red herring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Region: California
Posts: 298
Send a message via AIM to red herring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
not some pos minivan or tercel that some guy sunk a ****load of money into. Thats just stupid
I wouldn't do it personally, but just out of curiosity why would you say it's stupid? My dad had a pinto that could pull wheelies, it broke down half way down the 1/4 and still got an 11, that wasn't meant to be a sports car, but I see lots of fast ones when they're powered by v8's
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:49 PM   #23
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
anybody from the Greenville track day remember that beast of a Pinto there?

There was less space between the rear tires than the width of one of the tires alone.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:00 AM   #24
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Yea it was fast but that was one ugly mofo lol


I would rather fix something up that looks good than a pos tercel
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:02 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Yea it was fast but that was one ugly mofo lol


I would rather fix something up that looks good than a pos tercel
:yup:
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:26 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
red herring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Region: California
Posts: 298
Send a message via AIM to red herring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Yea it was fast but that was one ugly mofo lol


I would rather fix something up that looks good than a pos tercel
ours is/was ugly as hell too, but my dad seemed to like it that way.
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 06:16 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Yea it was fast but that was one ugly mofo lol


I would rather fix something up that looks good than a pos tercel
not to mention the fact to actually make a tercel as fast as a mustang would cost a whole lot of money!
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:25 PM   #28
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
not to mention the fact to actually make a tercel as fast as a mustang would cost a whole lot of money!
<---- Avatar
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:42 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
I feel u on the pushy thing. I work for a dodge dealership. i see it all the time. You should see how they treat people who look at the vipers and SRT10 (truck) at first its like kings and then its how much for payments then the test drive then the heckling really begins its funny at times. cause sometimes these guys feel overwhelmed but it works though most of the time their walking away wit the keys to their brand spankin new viper

BTW i love your T/A I wouldnt trade it in personally. those cars respond so damn well to mods. As someone else said why not just be a C6/Z06 killer thats much funner

BTW I also agree wit red just cause a high priced car is that theirs alot more then just speed. have any of u guys seen how the whole suspension works ona vette its beyond killer its so good it pulls .9 in the G scale and can out handle most Ferraris and Porshes.
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:00 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by red herring
I wouldn't do it personally, but just out of curiosity why would you say it's stupid? My dad had a pinto that could pull wheelies, it broke down half way down the 1/4 and still got an 11, that wasn't meant to be a sports car, but I see lots of fast ones when they're powered by v8's
My friend has a blown 383 stroker in a datsun that does 10's
__________________
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:42 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js281GT
My friend has a blown 383 stroker in a datsun that does 10's
my friends uncle races a rattle-can primered vega with a 460 stroker in it, runs 9's and pulls the front wheels.
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:44 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 517
Talk about power to weight ratio huh? What do you think Brent? lol
__________________
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:15 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
red herring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Region: California
Posts: 298
Send a message via AIM to red herring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js281GT
My friend has a blown 383 stroker in a datsun that does 10's
Oh man I know of some fast datsuns! Well handling ones too, a lot of them are in the SCCA.
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Test drove a 2000... Otlaw80 General Mustang Discussion 20 07-02-2009 11:48 AM
Test drove an Impala SS Seph The Bar 2 12-23-2005 08:31 AM
Test drove an 05 5spd SpectorV The Bar 11 06-15-2005 10:50 PM
Test drove a mustang today Zim The Bar 2 05-24-2004 05:21 PM
Test drove a Mach 1 DropTop_Stang The Bar 6 10-26-2003 01:11 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:36 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.