Might have a lowering kit for edges soon!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-30-2005, 05:16 PM   #36
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
i think itd look retarded, as for your "too nice of a truck to take offroading" comment, get real man... trucks are made to go places that cars cant, its not like youre taking an escalade EXT out into the puddles or anything. Its a nice truck, but once to lower it, its gonna be a worthless piece of steel. Youre going to take what the truck would ever be used for and kick it out the window. My opinion is itll look stupid and be a worthless investment.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2005, 09:36 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
i think itd look retarded, as for your "too nice of a truck to take offroading" comment, get real man... trucks are made to go places that cars cant, its not like youre taking an escalade EXT out into the puddles or anything. Its a nice truck, but once to lower it, its gonna be a worthless piece of steel. Youre going to take what the truck would ever be used for and kick it out the window. My opinion is itll look stupid and be a worthless investment.
The primary use to a truck is to haul stuff. I will still be able to do that without a problem. So NO it will not be worthless.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:49 PM   #38
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Go for it

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2005, 09:53 PM   #39
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

might want to change your sig there big guy if your goin street. Sends me mixed signals and I get all upset.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:05 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
lower it then try to do half the **** you do/have done in the past. dont forget u need to take the lights off the front aswell.

our trucks...well any small pickup is pointless for a street truck though...think about it we have 154hp to the flywheel. stock we can do the 1/4 in like 17-18 on a good day prally, and dont tell me ur not worried about going fast or racing because you wouldnt be putting all the engine mods on it.
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:16 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge

I come here and post because I want opinions
and just like someone else mentioned - you got my opinion. if you don't like it, then too bad. you don't have to do as i say, nor do you have to care. you just need to chill out a bit.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:16 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
1 word, AIRBAGS.

you can get thatsport truck look when you want, but when you grow up and want to go play in the mud, you can raise that summa*****.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:32 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
1 word, AIRBAGS.

you can get thatsport truck look when you want, but when you grow up and want to go play in the mud, you can raise that summa*****.
I wana sit a little lower not drag my *** on the ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
and just like someone else mentioned - you got my opinion. if you don't like it, then too bad. you don't have to do as i say, nor do you have to care. you just need to chill out a bit.
Sorry dude didn't mean to snap just be under a lot of stress lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
lower it then try to do half the **** you do/have done in the past. dont forget u need to take the lights off the front aswell.

our trucks...well any small pickup is pointless for a street truck though...think about it we have 154hp to the flywheel. stock we can do the 1/4 in like 17-18 on a good day prally, and dont tell me ur not worried about going fast or racing because you wouldnt be putting all the engine mods on it.
The point in me lowering it some and stiffening it up is for PERFORMANCE. I already posted some of the things I plan on doing in a previous post. Lights will be coming off as soon as I get my tax return and can get my new grill. Last week and had to haul a motor twice for a friend and WISHED my truck was lower. Would of made it a heck of a lot easier.

Also dont have so much doubt in the little 3.0. Doug the guy who owns www.bamachips.com let whipple use his truck to test the s/c out. He currently runs 14.2's and soon should be in the low 13's with the zex kit and some other things he's going to be doing.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 01-31-2005, 06:41 AM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Bane-
18ish to 14.2 to respectable and all but still isnt all that fast...its fast for what it is. like imports sad to say, spend like 6grand and get 14's or 15's

you realize when you lower it then try to haul heavy **** and it squats you will run the risk of it bottoming out or the tires hitting the tops of the wheel wells?
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:30 AM   #45
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
The primary use to a truck is to haul stuff. I will still be able to do that without a problem. So NO it will not be worthless.
if you have new springs in there your payload capacity is going to go down the ****ter... so YES it would be worthless.

I like toys
Old 01-31-2005, 10:48 AM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
if you have new springs in there your payload capacity is going to go down the ****ter... so YES it would be worthless.
Stiffer springs will solve the problem......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
18ish to 14.2 to respectable and all but still isnt all that fast...its fast for what it is. like imports sad to say, spend like 6grand and get 14's or 15's

you realize when you lower it then try to haul heavy **** and it squats you will run the risk of it bottoming out or the tires hitting the tops of the wheel wells?
Did you not read it all? he will soon be in low 13's
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 01-31-2005, 11:26 AM   #47
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
i want more pictures
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:44 AM   #48
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

its a truck, not a racecar

I like toys
Old 01-31-2005, 02:08 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
its a truck, not a racecar
It can be whatever i want it to be, its my truck, i'm paying for it. Also that comment is pretty funny. So basicly your saying all trucks can't be used to go fast. Well what about the lightning, v10 ram, "chevy ss". Trucks are good for more then hauling and 4wheeling. You just need to open your eyes and realise that.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 01-31-2005, 02:17 PM   #50
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
Well what about the lightning, v10 ram, "chevy ss". Trucks are good for more then hauling and 4wheeling. You just need to open your eyes and realise that.
Lightning... 360hp v8
SRT-10... 500hp v10
chevy SS... 405hp v8

ranger edge... 154hp v6

sorry, nice argument though.

I like toys
Old 01-31-2005, 02:17 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
It can be whatever i want it to be, its my truck, i'm paying for it. Also that comment is pretty funny. So basicly your saying all trucks can't be used to go fast. Well what about the lightning, v10 ram, "chevy ss". Trucks are good for more then hauling and 4wheeling. You just need to open your eyes and realise that.
lightning = fast truck
srt-10 ram = fast, but not a truck (can only haul like 500 lbs!)
chevy ss = POS, double the price of a base hemi ram and only .2 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile
Old 01-31-2005, 02:23 PM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Lightning... 360hp v8
SRT-10... 500hp v10
chevy SS... 405hp v8

ranger edge... 154hp v6

sorry, nice argument though.
My truck wont have 154hp forever. My plans are to get the whipple supercharger which will put me at 220hp and 260tq, the get headers, smaller pully ect... by the time i'm done I should have around 280hp then I plan to get a small nitrous shot.

Also the lightning is 380hp not 360
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 01-31-2005, 02:23 PM   #53
Regular

It's the never ending thread.

Reddit
Old 01-31-2005, 02:26 PM   #54
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
My truck wont have 154hp forever. My plans are to get the whipple supercharger which will put me at 220hp and 260tq, the get headers, smaller pully ect... by the time i'm done I should have around 280hp then I plan to get a small nitrous shot.

Also the lightning is 380hp not 360
well its not there yet, so dont get ahead of yourself. I say this cuz when I get done with my car its gonna have 386hp to the wheels (as soon as i get a blower, build the internals, boost it at like 20psi, go with a 5 speed swap, the whole works... oh yeah itll get there)

those other trucks already have the HP they claim. Ill say it again, its a ranger, not a race car

I like toys
Old 01-31-2005, 02:35 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
well its not there yet, so dont get ahead of yourself. I say this cuz when I get done with my car its gonna have 386hp to the wheels (as soon as i get a blower, build the internals, boost it at like 20psi, go with a 5 speed swap, the whole works... oh yeah itll get there)

those other trucks already have the HP they claim. Ill say it again, its a ranger, not a race car
I know its not a race car now, but one day it have the power i want out of it. But realise at the same time your telling me its dumb to wana do all this. Thats like telling someone with a v6 mustang its not worth it or some crap like that. How would you feel if someone came at you saying its retarded and pointless to do it?

I want to be creative with this truck. I want to do something with it that not many have done. Isn't that the exact same thing the people who own v6 mustangs want to do and feel? Why should I be any different just because I want to do it in a truck instead of a mustang?
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 01-31-2005, 02:39 PM   #56
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

So give it all the power you want, but why lower it? You telling us that you want to lower the thing and run it at the track is like us Mustang owners telling you that we're gonna jack our cars up 8 inches and start going mudding. If you wanted to go fast, you should get a car that has the starting platform to do so. Go ahead and make all the power you want, but put it towards something that the car is intended to do... If youre going street truck then you should show it, not race it. I just laugh at street trucks whenever I see them personally. Take for instance the chevy Xtreme. That pile of chevy garbage just cracks me up.

I like toys
Old 01-31-2005, 02:44 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
So give it all the power you want, but why lower it? You telling us that you want to lower the thing and run it at the track is like us Mustang owners telling you that we're gonna jack our cars up 8 inches and start going mudding. If you wanted to go fast, you should get a car that has the starting platform to do so. Go ahead and make all the power you want, but put it towards something that the car is intended to do... If youre going street truck then you should show it, not race it. I just laugh at street trucks whenever I see them personally. Take for instance the chevy Xtreme. That pile of chevy garbage just cracks me up.
I'm lowering it so I have a better center of gravity. Also it'll make it easier for me to get in and out of the truck since I do it so much. Plus i want my truck to handle better. The handling is good for what it is, but I want more out of it. I'm not slamming it to the ground. It'll just sit a few inches lower thats all.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 01-31-2005, 02:49 PM   #58
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

You're a hard person to understand... you want a truck, but you want the car lower so you can get in and out. Seems like you should have looked into an el camino SS or something, not a car with a 4x4 suspension. You say you want better handling, so are you gonna start autocrossing with this truck? If youre not, youre losing all practical purposes of having a truck (running over bumps and not caring, ground clearance, softer ride, etc) Seems like you bought the wrong kind of car for what you intend to do with it.

I like toys
Old 01-31-2005, 02:51 PM   #59
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

...as the plot to the story of the confused ranger continues...

I like toys
Old 01-31-2005, 03:00 PM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

You're a hard person to understand... you want a truck, but you want the car lower so you can get in and out. Seems like you should have looked into an el camino SS or something, not a car with a 4x4 suspension. You say you want better handling, so are you gonna start autocrossing with this truck? If youre not, youre losing all practical purposes of having a truck (running over bumps and not caring, ground clearance, softer ride, etc) Seems like you bought the wrong kind of car for what you intend to do with it.
The reason I ended up with the one with the 4x4 suspension is because it was cheaper then the xlt ranger plus it came color matched. Had the xlt of been cheaper and color matched i'd of bought it and for a matter of fact if this kit does what I want it to do I will autocross the truck. It handles good right now and if it gets tightend up I will race it. I dont give a flying F if people think its weird. I love my truck just as much as anyone on this site loves their mustang. So you may as well give up trying to "change my mind" because it wont happen. So deal with it.......
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 01-31-2005, 03:01 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
Quote:
...as the plot to the story of the confused ranger continues...
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:04 PM   #62
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Im not trying to change your mind... Im just telling you that lowering your truck isnt gonna get you anywhere and that you should have thought about what you wanted out of a car before you bought a ranger with a 4x4 suspension. Also, ive seen rangers and chevy xtremes go autocrossing before, have fun with that.

I like toys
Old 01-31-2005, 03:06 PM   #63
Regular

Thread has gone on long enough

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar