Got pulled over =( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2009, 04:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to JoeyR
Thumbs down Got pulled over =(

Well my buddy and i were out cruising around(not doing anything stupid) i come to a stop sign and of course i get behind a cop. sure enough i he pulls off to the side to let me pass him, but my buddy's house just so happend to be right wehere he pulls over so i pull into my buddy's driveway, sure enopugh the cop gets bcak on the raod and continues to go streight(what a pig) so as my buddy and i didn't really plan on just finishing up the night, so we pulled back out of the driveway and go the oppisite direction of the cop. By now he was about 500-600 yards away at a stop sign and as im pulling away i see him flip a u-turn, so i take next right, then another right, kinda doing a circle too get rid of this jackass whos just looking for a reason to pull me over to find something wrong. well i had lost him. me and my buddy cruise around for another 10min or so befor we head bcak to his house, so going down a street 1 block from getting back onto the road to his house and the same cop passes me, flips a ***** and gets on my ***(no lights yet) so i get onto the street and about 300 yeards away from my buddys house sure enough ON COME the lights and sure enough he's got his floodlight right in my mirrors(don't ya love that!!!) i pull over, and he comes up to the window, i ask in a very nice manor, "can i ask why you pulled me over" he said "your liscncle plate tabs are not visible and reflect too much(or something to that degree) and he walks bcak to his car. by now im thinking WTF well hell yeah it's gonna be reflective, ur shining ur big *** flood light on it lol. about 20min later he finally comes back to my window and sure enough hands me a citation for it, a $242 fine! so i asked him "officer would you mind showing me where my tabs are being blocked?" he said, "you can look after i leave" now im just pissed as i know my tabs are very readable! only thing is my plate frames barely cover up a small portion of my tabs....but you can clearly still make out the number. too make matters worse, i had cleaned out my car the other day and somewhere while doing that took out my registration! BAM! another $94 lol AWSOME! so i have a nice court date on the 4th of next month so we'll have to see how that goes. i mean if ur gonna pull me over atleast catch me doing something illegal. all in all though i swear these days cops are just looking for an excuse to pull people over. ive had so many countless cops be behind me and not ONCE have i been pulled over befor. any advice on my day of court? besides have my photographs of my plate?
Update: well it's 2:30am and i decided too take one last look in my car for my registration as i no it should be there. sure enough! somehow my registration fell behind my glovebox! screwed! lol
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Got pulled over =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyR View Post
Well my buddy and i were out cruising around(not doing anything stupid) i come to a stop sign and of course i get behind a cop. sure enough i he pulls off to the side to let me pass him, but my buddy's house just so happend to be right wehere he pulls over so i pull into my buddy's driveway, sure enopugh the cop gets bcak on the raod and continues to go streight(what a pig) so as my buddy and i didn't really plan on just finishing up the night, so we pulled back out of the driveway and go the oppisite direction of the cop. By now he was about 500-600 yards away at a stop sign and as im pulling away i see him flip a u-turn, so i take next right, then another right, kinda doing a circle too get rid of this jackass whos just looking for a reason to pull me over to find something wrong. well i had lost him. me and my buddy cruise around for another 10min or so befor we head bcak to his house, so going down a street 1 block from getting back onto the road to his house and the same cop passes me, flips a ***** and gets on my ***(no lights yet) so i get onto the street and about 300 yeards away from my buddys house sure enough ON COME the lights and sure enough he's got his floodlight right in my mirrors(don't ya love that!!!) i pull over, and he comes up to the window, i ask in a very nice manor, "can i ask why you pulled me over" he said "your liscncle plate tabs are not visible and reflect too much(or something to that degree) and he walks bcak to his car. by now im thinking WTF well hell yeah it's gonna be reflective, ur shining ur big *** flood light on it lol. about 20min later he finally comes back to my window and sure enough hands me a citation for it, a $242 fine! so i asked him "officer would you mind showing me where my tabs are being blocked?" he said, "you can look after i leave" now im just pissed as i know my tabs are very readable! only thing is my plate frames barely cover up a small portion of my tabs....but you can clearly still make out the number. too make matters worse, i had cleaned out my car the other day and somewhere while doing that took out my registration! BAM! another $94 lol AWSOME! so i have a nice court date on the 4th of next month so we'll have to see how that goes. i mean if ur gonna pull me over atleast catch me doing something illegal. all in all though i swear these days cops are just looking for an excuse to pull people over. ive had so many countless cops be behind me and not ONCE have i been pulled over befor. any advice on my day of court? besides have my photographs of my plate?
Update: well it's 2:30am and i decided too take one last look in my car for my registration as i no it should be there. sure enough! somehow my registration fell behind my glovebox! screwed! lol
Well, You should go see the DA whenever you get a chance before your court date. Call and set up an appointment. Explain your situation to him. I recommend dressing nice and keeping a level head of respect for the officer while explaining your case. I would hope that they will more than likely drop the Registration fine (bring the registration with you and all prior sheets if you have some) and hopefully after looking at your plate, dismiss or take care of the license plate ticket.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Take a picture of your plate as well showing whether the tabs are blocked or not.

Also, the reflective thing he was talking about is because of camera lights now. They want to make sure nothing is overly reflective so that when the camera flashes they can read your plate clearly and it isn't obscured by the reflected flash.
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
Well, You should go see the DA whenever you get a chance before your court date. Call and set up an appointment. Explain your situation to him. I recommend dressing nice and keeping a level head of respect for the officer while explaining your case. I would hope that they will more than likely drop the Registration fine (bring the registration with you and all prior sheets if you have some) and hopefully after looking at your plate, dismiss or take care of the license plate ticket.
great advice. be respectful and dont go in there like billy-badass or with an "i'm right" attitude and explain that you just couldnt find your registration. also, take pics of the license plate as is, and then remove the license plate frame that could block the tabs and tell the judge that you've removed the frame also. i would think you'll get out of both or at least get them heavily reduced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

x2 about the professionalism look and respect. it helps to look and sound respectful especially in a court room setting. they are there to prevent deviant behavior, not preach to the choir - so be the choir.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

at the very least they are both nonmoving violations so if they stick. Their not going to make your ins. go up.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

^good point

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to bobbyoooo

wat a dick i woulda punched him lol
bobbyoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

That's a wonderful idea. Because assaulting an officer is so much easier to beat than failure to produce registration.
2007 V6 Mustang w/ Pony Package. Performance Mods - 2.25 custom aluminum catback exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler, AirRaid cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotor's front and rear, SCT Programmer, Ford Racing Tlok, Motiv 4:10 gears, LFP underdrive pulley
Greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
That's a wonderful idea. Because assaulting an officer is so much easier to beat than failure to produce registration.
I know, right? Sometimes I wonder if we can't ban people for being stupid
Old 05-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for the responses guys! i got my pictures developed of my plate, clearly you can see the numbers, NOT to meantion the plate tabs are color coded so if an officer see's a color he should instantly know, OH red is 2010 and what not. so far everyone i have told so far(alot of people) are very confident they will drop all charges once i bring them to court and what not. thanks for input guys.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #12
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark View Post
I know, right? Sometimes I wonder if we can't ban people for being stupid
I'm sure he was joking.

Now, whether it was a funny joke or not I will give you that. I give him the benefit of the doubt though on punching a police officer being a good idea.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Flipped a *****?

I think someone isn't telling the whole story here...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:21 PM   #14
Regular

Well, grab your glocks when you see a cop......

(yes, I know it's Tupac, but it fits.)

Reddit
Old 05-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Well, grab your glocks when you see a cop......

(yes, I know it's Tupac, but it fits.)

lol
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058

everytime the cops are chasing me i just put in the cheat code and they stop...

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:52 PM   #17
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyspirit058 View Post
everytime the cops are chasing me i just put in the cheat code and they stop...
Yep, everytime I commit Grand Theft Auto the cheat codes save me.

Reddit
Old 05-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Yep, everytime I commit Grand Theft Auto the cheat codes save me.
nothing like killing a taxi driver than driving backwards all through a city...

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:24 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Then how do you achieve 100% in the game?

Definitely get some proof of your license plate frame or whatever and remove it and take pictures, bring your registration too to show you have it. Professionalism is a must and shouldn't even be told about more then once.

I love the cops here; get pulled over for doing 75 in a 55, they reduce it to a "failure to show registration/insurance" or a "broken tail light", that is usually when one of those things is present as well - a non-moving violation. So you get the broken tail light fixed bring it to the judge, and he clears the ticket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:30 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

You can mention the fact that you turned off the road way because you don't wish to be followed by a cop. You have that right. I always get very nervous when being followed by a cop, probably because they typically find some BULL**** to pull you over on... and I don't wish to go through that all the damn time.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #21
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
thanks for the responses guys! i got my pictures developed of my plate, clearly you can see the numbers, NOT to meantion the plate tabs are color coded so if an officer see's a color he should instantly know, OH red is 2010 and what not. so far everyone i have told so far(alot of people) are very confident they will drop all charges once i bring them to court and what not. thanks for input guys.
Seeing color isn't what is required...the date is also supposed to be visible. If the numbers for the year aren't visible, then you are in fact in the wrong. Yes, the color should give it away, but that's only if someone has memorized the color scheme for each upcoming and several previous years.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

well he should be trained enough to know those things. it is his job lol
Old 05-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
no, that isn't.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:04 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No, it's not his job. It's a plus if he remembers tag colors, but the only thing he must see are if the numbers are readable and not expired.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

well good thing mine were readable and not expired lol
Old 05-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I don't see any issue why you wouldn't be able to get this reduced or dismissed. Do your research!
Old 06-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #27

Region: Minnesota

Quote:
"you can look after i leave"
Wow, what a prick. You should mention that during your court date, but like others have said, stay calm and don't come off as a ******* punk kid.
crazyeyedkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Is there an update to what happen in court?
msgt46270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

yes, all went well for the most part. the jedge said there shouldn't be an issue for dropping the registration charge, but he did want to hear the officers side of the story regarding my lisence plate. so i did plea NOT guilty, my offical trail is on the 8th of july. The judge also recomended i go down and talk with the officer and just see if he is willing to pretty much drop the charges as maybe he was just having a bad night. so i did go down after work one night go down to city hall/po station and wait 30min for him to get bcak form the station from a call he was out on. anyway he was pretty nice aobut it and said since he already had the apenia(however u spell that) he couldn't do much at that point) but on the courty date he'll see what he can do. i said thank you very much and shook his hand, said have a good night and left it at that. so thats it for now. gues nothing i can do meanwhile until the 8th lol.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Let us know how it goes, good luck.
msgt46270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular