Inattentive Driving Ticket.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-14-2005, 11:56 AM   #1

Region: Kansas
Inattentive Driving Ticket....

Hello...
Was a terrible weekend for me. I went back to home town for my birthday weekend, to visit some friends and spent it with my parents. I was just getting ready to go get some grub when i noticed a whole bunch of teenagers running from the school i live next too. So i whip out of my drive way to try and get some idea of who this kids where, because theres always kids up at that school causing trouble. So as i turn left onto a street to try and get a better look at them, they cut behind my car and i turn to look to try and get just one more second to get a better idea, and by time i turn around i clip the back end of an older nissan altima that was parked. So now im furious with these little punks, i get out and one of the trucks that was parked by my house that was up there drove by and stopped because they knew my friend that was with me. I get all in their face because im so furious with them, and all i can smell off of them is weed and beer. I too caught up in my anger that i forgot to get the license plate number. SO anyways, i was met by a gentleman that lived near by who was curious what happened and he told me that the car probably belong to a fella at a party at the corner house. So i ring the doorbell to try and find the owner so i can swap insurance information. He comes out and asks alot of questions and tries to scol me a little. I tell him he can call the police if he wants. The owner of the corner house had his yard "farmed" by some stupid teenagers and a few of my friends that were home at the time saw it all from my deck and we jumped in the back of a truck and went looking for the car to get a license number but was unsuccessful. So the owner of the house asked if i was one of those guys that tried to help him out, and i said yes.
The officer arrives and hears my story and then asks the owner of the car if he just wants to swich info or file an accident report... I was hoping that after he realized that im a "good boy" i should say, b/c i tried to help his friend earlier, would cut me some slack and not file a report because that would only add onto my tap i already gained by hitting his car. But no, he filed the report and i got a $100 ticket for "Inattentive Driving"....

Now after that story, my question is how do i go about getting that off of my record? I cant get on student diversion because thats only for high school students. I have a clean record, (as far as the insurance company knows), but i was hoping i could just pay double and keep it off my record, but i have no idea if that works. Let me know if you have any ideas... Im just trying to get an idea, but i have to go and pay the ticked by march so i know i have to pay for the ticket atleast...

Anyways, let me know.

Thanks,
Dbl A
dbla01v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2005, 12:07 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Look into driving school

Sorry about your bad luck man

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
a lawyer!

i got my first ticket last week, and a lawyer is taking care of it for me. the ticket cost was $205... with the lawyer, i'm paying a total of $204(including court fees and everything). they will get the ticket dismissed or get me deffered adjucation(probation). and get the ticket off my record. and i don't even have to show up at court.

so for less then the cost of the ticket, i get it taken care of, off my record, and i don't have to go to court
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2005, 12:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to red herring
I'm no expert but i'm pretty confident you can't just pay double and get it off your record. At least not here. The only way I've known to get something off of your record is to attend/request traffic school. If you explain yourself to the judge he may give it to you. Tell him that you were so concentrated on not hitting the kids that you tapped another car. Make sure he knows you acted responsibly and perhaps you can get off with traffic school, which does cost money. The laws may be different in California though.
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to red herring
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips
a lawyer!

i got my first ticket last week, and a lawyer is taking care of it for me. the ticket cost was $205... with the lawyer, i'm paying a total of $204(including court fees and everything). they will get the ticket dismissed or get me deffered adjucation(probation). and get the ticket off my record. and i don't even have to show up at court.

so for less then the cost of the ticket, i get it taken care of, off my record, and i don't have to go to court
sucks that you still have to pay 204 but at least your insurance wont go up.
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:22 PM   #6

K, ill have to pull a few strings, and i have a friend of the family thats a lawyer that may beable to help me. Thanks for the quick responses.

Dbl A
Old 02-14-2005, 01:01 PM   #7
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Just to throw some input in... that doesnt sound like a moving violation. Id check the state laws and see if its a moving violation, because if its not, it wont even affect insurance. Just an idea.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:32 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Dang that sucks man...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 05:04 PM   #9

Inattentive Driving not a moving violation?... God i hope so, lol, never thought of it that way... Ill do some research, thanks zim.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:47 PM   #10
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Yeah, I would check to make sure it will or will not affect insurance first.

Driving school is the only thing I can think of. If you know any police officers, ask them what they can do to help or their opinions of what you should do.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:50 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
not to sound like a *******...but you could always

just face up the fact that you ****ed up and its there and get on with your life? it will get exsponged from your record eventually...
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:00 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-

just face up the fact that you ****ed up and its there and get on with your life? it will get exsponged from your record eventually...

:whistle:
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to chips
Quote:

you can't just move on because you'll be reminded of that ticket every time you pay your insurance.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:13 PM   #14
I liek gramer
Legacy

Quote:

put yourself in his place, wouldn't you be a little pissed?

besides, he was mostly just asking for opinions on what he should do.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:22 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
I would be pissed...but its his fault you cant be pissed off at yourself when you did it...the parked truck surely didnt hit him...
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:27 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Illinois
**** happens when you don't pay attention.
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:34 AM   #17
I liek gramer
Legacy

^ i never said the parked truck hit him, nor did he. He was simply asking for information, much like several of our members have done.

He was paying attention, just not to the right things.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar