Possible Lucky Bastard Kids - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-16-2005, 04:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Possible Lucky Bastard Kids

Ive always dreamt for something like this to happen to me and these lil bastard kids freakin turned it in. Id would slap those kids silly if I were their parents. and if the parents told them to hand it in they need to get slap too

Police Believe Money May Be Drug-Related

POSTED: 12:35 am EST February 16, 2005
UPDATED: 3:05 pm EST February 16, 2005

BOULDER, Colo. -- Two children playing in a field just east of Boulder found a duffel bag stuffed with what's believed to be $80,000 in cash, the Boulder Sheriff's Department said.

Based on the condition of the bag and its contents, investigators believe that the money had been exposed to the elements for several months and was packaged in such a way as to suggest that it was probably related to an illegal drug transaction.

The cash was wet and moldy and technicians spent much of Tuesday prying the bills apart, drying them, and counting them. That process is still not complete. Because it had been outside and unburied for so long, some of the bills are very fragile, said Sgt. Mike Dimond with the Boulder County Sheriff's Office.

Given the possible source of the money and the parents' request for privacy, the sheriff's office is not identifying the children who discovered the money or the specific location where it was found Monday evening.

If the money is not claimed over some time, the kids may get to keep it, Dimond said.

Law enforcement agencies, the FBI and the Secret Service have been told of the discovery to see if they can link the money to any illegal activity.

bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

God I wish I was there. 80k is a good down payment on a house. I bet 10 bucks says they don't let them keep it. They MAY give them half.
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 04:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
nah they'll give it to the kids. as long as no-one claims it. They have to thats just the way it is when it comes to things that are found and returned
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2005, 05:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
nah they'll give it to the kids. as long as no-one claims it. They have to thats just the way it is when it comes to things that are found and returned

Unless it's drug money then it can be siezed and forfeited up the assets forfeiture laws. Been done before, someone found cash, turned it in to the cops cops tested it for drugs and it came back positive so they siezed it and kept it. They say like 4 out of ever 5 bills has traces of cocaine sufficient to show up positive on testing.

f-ing cops.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

If they do give it to the kids which I doubt, the parents will want that money real bad.
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:45 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
they will never see one cent of it.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)