ANYONE know where to get Header gaskets - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2005, 04:12 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
ANYONE know where to get Header gaskets

PLEASE dont move this to the classifieds like last time, I don't want to buy any, I wanna know where to get some. Alot of you on here have headers, so where the hell did you get the gaskets from. I can't find anyone that carries them. My car ticks like a ***** and I waited till it came off the road for winter to fix it but I can't find new gaskets.

Old 02-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to LuvMyGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh
PLEASE dont move this to the classifieds like last time, I don't want to buy any, I wanna know where to get some. Alot of you on here have headers, so where the hell did you get the gaskets from. I can't find anyone that carries them. My car ticks like a ***** and I waited till it came off the road for winter to fix it but I can't find new gaskets.
I re-used my stock gaskets. But you can find them at any Ford dealer (with a service center) and I am pretty sure that any store such as PepBoys, Autozone, etc. will order them for you.
Btw, where exactly is that ticking sound coming from?
Now, I don't want to be a downer but it is quite possible that you have the infamous valve train problem and the ticking is not an exhaust leak but your camshaft slipping back and forth. My advice is to get it up on a rack. Check each header flange for carbon buildup at the edges, this is your first clue its an exhaust leak (other than the sound of course). If you don't see anything, check to see if one of your O2 sensors has come loose. I had one come loose once and it rattled like crazy when I hit the gas.
For your sake, I hope its just the gaskets or the O2's. If it's the valve train thing, you're looking at replacing your entire cylinder head.
LuvMyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

I have the headers off and there are carbon deposits on 4 of the 6 primaries.

Autozone ordered me HEAD gaskets and I went to pick them up, they handed them to me and I went "Uhhh these arent what I ordered>" Apparently they can't find em now. They guy down at the ford dealership said Ford doesn't carry gaskets for the v6, and A&A says they dont have em either.

When I installed my headers(3 or 4 months ago) I used the original gaskets which were reallll beat up with some High temp RTV and that didnt work. My car sounded fine before I installed the headers and now it ticks so I knwo it them.

Old 02-25-2005, 04:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to NJStang86
That's rediculous...

I work at autozone and I know for a fact that we carry them. I can see how much I can get them for over here and if you want, maybe have them shipped.

Let me know
NJStang86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have the headers off and there are carbon deposits on 4 of the 6 primaries.

Autozone ordered me HEAD gaskets and I went to pick them up, they handed them to me and I went "Uhhh these arent what I ordered>" Apparently they can't find em now. They guy down at the ford dealership said Ford doesn't carry gaskets for the v6, and A&A says they dont have em either.

When I installed my headers(3 or 4 months ago) I used the original gaskets which were reallll beat up with some High temp RTV and that didnt work. My car sounded fine before I installed the headers and now it ticks so I knwo it them.
Okay cool, so we've pretty much eliminated the valve train problem.
Here's a place that sells V6 gaskets
F5SZ9448AA Ford Header Gaskets-Pair(1994-1998) $19.99
XR3Z9448AA Ford Header Gaskets-Pair(1999-2004) $19.99
Old 02-25-2005, 04:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJStang86
That's rediculous...

I work at autozone and I know for a fact that we carry them. I can see how much I can get them for over here and if you want, maybe have them shipped.

Let me know
Yeah well, no offense to you man, but most people who work at Autozone, PepBoys, or O'reilly are complete morons. It's just a summer job to them, they don't give a **** about cars.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:36 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyGT
Yeah well, no offense to you man, but most people who work at Autozone, PepBoys, or O'reilly are complete morons. It's just a summer job to them, they don't give a **** about cars.
Or they are just complete dicks to any 18 year old kid that walks into the place because they immediatley think he a dumbass ricer....

Thanks LuvMyGT, your sure these are v6 gaskets though, no pic or anything.

Edit: Ah NM, saw the page's title
Old 02-25-2005, 04:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Or they are just complete dicks to any 18 year old kid that walks into the place because they immediatley think he a dumbass ricer....

Thanks LuvMyGT, your sure these are v6 gaskets though, no pic or anything.

Edit: Ah NM, saw the page's title
They have a number you can call. I suggest doing that to make sure you are getting the correct part. But, yes, I'm pretty sure those are the right part numbers for 3.8 gaskets.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I bought two sets from Schucks/Kragen. They even had them in stock.
Laser02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 09:14 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Go online to Autozone, Pepboys, Advanced or any other place and find them print the part number and take it to the store. Any ford place thay says they dont carry V6 head gaskets are dorks. There are more 3.8-4.2 ford cars on the road than probably any other motor offered

Or better yet if you want someplace where you know the people know parts go to a NAPA store. As far as car parts THEY ARE THE BEST. but they are not the cheapest but all NAPA parts meet or exceed OEM specs. Also most auto mechanics use NAPA
Old 02-25-2005, 10:09 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
thats why you get a first name basis with some of the guys that work there, lol. i usually drop by atleast once a day to pick up something or price something.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:36 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to NJStang86
Well I'm glad that I'm going "above and beyond" what the other people at AutoZone do.

I just hate it when people automatically assume that just because I work at AutoZone that I don't know jack****.

I was actually helping someone the other day and someone who was listening made a comment that really made me feel good. I was trying to explain to someone what was making a "whining" sound and causing his needle to go crazy in their guage cluster. I kept telling him that the clusters have gears in them and one of them probably went or got damaged somehow. He obviously had no idea what I was talking about. The guys that were being helped at the other counter were listening in and I heard one of them comment "Atleast he knows what he's talking about...Half the people here don't know ****". That made me feel good
NJStang86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar