Credit Cards got jacked UP!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Thumbs down Credit Cards got jacked UP!!

Recently we had the New Orleans meet for Mustang Evolution. Well I made the drive to N.O. that Sat. evening after I got off work hung out and had a blast. I decided to go back that night and party with everyone.

We went to Rick's Cabaret that night and I forgot to stop and pick up some cash from the ATM. So, I just used my cards everywhere. Well I paid with my bank card to get into Rick's. I walk in and straight to the bar to buy my first drink of the night there (been using my card all night). My card instantly comes back DECLINED! (Didn't really know why) So I give him another card (credit) DECLINED! Now, I'm kind of wondering whats up because I know both cards has plenty to cover even a $500.00 hold. I give him my 3rd card (credit) and he only does it as a single drink purchase and no tab. I Pay $8.00 (yes rip off for a Bud Light -- supposed to be classy). Night goes on, and I use my bank card at other stores with no problem.

Well two weeks later I get a phone call from my credit card company verifying some charges in Lafayette, LA and Los Angles, CA (for RDJ entertainment or something) I deny and go through all sorts of bull ****. Well I check all my cards and begin to notice that all 3 have bogus charges on them. So I shut them down immediately. Between all three cards the individual has run up over $1500.00 in charges.

Investigator got back with me today. It was the bartender at Rick's Cabaret. He has been making charges to my card as TIPS. Thus taking days to clear, but he gets to take the money home that night. I suppose he works in Laffy or has a buddy that helped him out or something. But I have been given back all my money and new cards are in route (2 already made it)

I would love to beat the piss out of this guy. I am hoping that he gets fired or even arrested! He could have possibly messed up my credit for when I purchased my house in less than a month had it not been caught.

Cliffs:
  • Went to New Orleans for M.E. meet
  • Bartender steals my credit card info @ Rick's Cabaret
  • Bartender steals over $1500 dollars
  • Bartender gets busted.
  • My money is returned.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Credit Cards got jacked UP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
Recently we had the New Orleans meet for Mustang Evolution. Well I made the drive to N.O. that Sat. evening after I got off work hung out and had a blast. I decided to go back that night and party with everyone.

We went to Rick's Cabaret that night and I forgot to stop and pick up some cash from the ATM. So, I just used my cards everywhere. Well I paid with my bank card to get into Rick's. I walk in and straight to the bar to buy my first drink of the night there (been using my card all night). My card instantly comes back DECLINED! (Didn't really know why) So I give him another card (credit) DECLINED! Now, I'm kind of wondering whats up because I know both cards has plenty to cover even a $500.00 hold. I give him my 3rd card (credit) and he only does it as a single drink purchase and no tab. I Pay $8.00 (yes rip off for a Bud Light -- supposed to be classy). Night goes on, and I use my bank card at other stores with no problem.

Well two weeks later I get a phone call from my credit card company verifying some charges in Lafayette, LA and Los Angles, CA (for RDJ entertainment or something) I deny and go through all sorts of bull ****. Well I check all my cards and begin to notice that all 3 have bogus charges on them. So I shut them down immediately. Between all three cards the individual has run up over $1500.00 in charges.

Investigator got back with me today. It was the bartender at Rick's Cabaret. He has been making charges to my card as TIPS. Thus taking days to clear, but he gets to take the money home that night. I suppose he works in Laffy or has a buddy that helped him out or something. But I have been given back all my money and new cards are in route (2 already made it)

I would love to beat the piss out of this guy. I am hoping that he gets fired or even arrested! He could have possibly messed up my credit for when I purchased my house in less than a month had it not been caught.

Cliffs:
  • Went to New Orleans for M.E. meet
  • Bartender steals my credit card info @ Rick's Cabaret
  • Bartender steals over $1500 dollars
  • Bartender gets busted.
  • My money is returned.
wholly **** man. something like that happened to me when i went to a strip club for the first time. now i never use a card at a bar or club unless i know the person thats serving me. Cash only! suck we couldnt find an open atm

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

thats EXACTLY why I hate giving my card as a tab, and people ask me why i care....
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

that sucks man. glad you got it back.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

same **** happened to me before - chick tried to steal my credit card at a bar. i got the reciept, signed it, handed it to a different bartender and told him that i didn't get my card from the girl who gave me the reciept. he said that they dont keep the card when they open tabs or something? too bad i was the DD that night and just bought a few beers for my fiancee. i saw right through their **** and called them out on it. they tried talking to me like i was a stupid drunk or something. i called her out on it and she denied ever getting me beers. i asked to speak to their manager, which i did, and then i promptly got my card back.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to JoeyR

scary dude! glad u got all that taken care of atleast, that guy should be arrested and locked up for a while.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:30 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I hope so, this guy is a criminal in my books.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

you should contact the owner of the bar and find out the deal if he is fired or not etc he may not know the full story
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
you should contact the owner of the bar and find out the deal if he is fired or not etc he may not know the full story
Good Idea. Will do.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar